Stuck in Lichkeep

The detritus of the ages is sifted here.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

Stuck in Lichkeep

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy had left Demonsfall, where she had announced her return to her son, and began making her way to Lyhigh, the last known location of the relic she sought. She was traveling incognito and had been stopped at a checkpoint in Lichkeep trying to leave. She wanted to blast the guards to ash but knew that would only cause more trouble, especially if Lichbrook were in rebellion she be arrested and executed. She returned into the city and blended into crowds to learn what she could. After several days, and several nights spent entertaining the more naive and eager Imperial Guardsmen, she learned of Lady Nostalgia, instigator of the rebellion until it got out of hand and now reluctant ally of Shirekeep and the Kaiseress.

Kizzy smiled to herself as she helped herself to the few erb crammed into the pockets of the exhausted guardsmen she had been entertaining the night prior and slipped out to go look for Nostalgia.
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Nostalgia

Re: Stuck in Lichkeep

Post by Nostalgia »

"Yet another useless jerk" said Nostalgia, losing her temper over the Natopian Regent's failure to reply to her kind invitation. "Boneless and fragile humans, that's what they are!" she shouted across the room.

"Lady Nostalgia" an undead Lich begun... "SILENCE! SHUT UP!" he was ... politely interrupted. The fury continued for another few minutes, then another few, and another few... and another few, hours. Realising there is little point in going on and on, the Crown Councillor just sat on the floor, with her eyes looking with as much evilness and darkness as those of Thanatos himself.

Allowing her a few more minutes to cool off (if that was something an undead can do), the lich continued "Lady Nostalgia, it is true the man we expected to exploit did not do as we wanted. But nothing is lost yet, and the good luck never abandoned us. Kizzy Drakland was spotted around" he smiled. The Lady Nostalgia, visually surprised but positively, commanded that she be brought here "with the gentleness and care for someone in her status."
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr
Former Crown Councillor of Lichbrook

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy was in a tavern, full of mourners hoping to drown their sadness of their lost kaiseress in more drunk. She was trying to glean more information from drunken and lonely guardsmen, when she was approached by a group of three very well dressed liches.

"Your Niftiness, Kaiseress-emeritus Kizzy, we have the honor of requesting your presence to visit the Lady Nostalgia, who seeks to pacify these lands and reorganize them into a vibrant necrarchy again."

The tavern went silent, and all heads turned to Kizzy, who was dressed provocatively to get the attention of the guardsmen off duty, and certainly not looking like a former kaiseress. If she still had blood in her body, it would have rushed to her cheeks. She ran towards the three messengers and grabbed one by his cloak to pull him out into the street, "Follow me you dolts, you blew my cover," she hissed as she dragged the man backwards and out the door and into an alley.

"We know you've been looking for the Lady, and she is excited to meet you."

Kizzy pulled a large fur cloak out of her bag and wrapped herself in it, for modesty, "Yes I'm looking for her but you ruined my other mission. I have many things planned and Nostalgia is but one of them," Kizzy scoffed at her bad luck, "Well my cover is blown here in Lichkeep, now they know Kizzy is back, and who can forget the beautiful Kizzy Drakland? I'll go with you to Nostalgia, no doubt any plans she had worked out with Noor are in jeopardy now, who's even in charge over there now?"

"My lady, it is the Steward, per the late Kaiseress' testament, to rule for her young grandson Vidar, the Steward will reign."

Kizzy's eyes lit up, her very own son, the ruling steward. She had promised to leave him alone a few weeks ago in Demonsfall, but perhaps she still had some sway over him, "Alright, take me to Nostalgia, I can get her what she wants, a restored Lichbrook, but she better have something good to offer me in return because if I can give her Lichbrook, I can never return home to Demonsfall again."
Kizzy Drakland

Nathan

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

The three guardsmen were taking too much time to return, thought Nostalgia. And time was what she did not have - "ah, is that how mortals feel when living their short and fragile lives?" she said to herself. Then the door was opened - finally, the waiting was over!

"Lady Nostalgia, Her Niftness Kaiseress-emeritus Kizzy Drakland" said the guardsman, after moving aside to reveal a woman wrapped in fur cloak, rather too big for someone that size. "What an interesting fashion style. Is this how they dress outside of Lichbrook nowadays? I've got to catch up with modern fashion styles" she said to herself, making sure to remember to instruct her minions to get her such a cloak later on.

"Your Niftiness, it is a pleasure to host you here. Despite it not being the brightest nor grandest of places in Lichbrook" Nostalgia greeted Kizzy. The (ex-)Crown Councillor needn't wait for a reply, the guard secretly indicated (sticking up two fingers) that Kizzy was ready to help. The code would otherwise be just one finger, one particular finger.

The two women were left in privacy for a talk, during which Kizzy repeated her sentence "I can get you what you want, a restored Lichbrook, but you better have something good to offer me in return because if I can give you Lichbrook, I can never return home to Demonsfall again". Interesting. Very interesting. Nostalgia was unaware of Kizzy's relations with her son, nor its historical trace, but she did not actually care - why would she, having a restored Lichbrook is all she wanted and all is what she would do to get it. In front of her was a woman she did not know well - yeah, Nostalgia had heard Kizzy was a Kaiseress and all the rest of it, but the two never knew each other personally, never knew if they can work together or not. "Get me a restored Lichbrook and you will have a place in its governance, for eternity!" the Lady Nostalgia replied. After all, what else can unite two liches in spirit and common vision about Lichbrook than eternity?
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy was scheduled to meet with Nostalgia again, and she brought copies of her contact with her son, the Steward.
To my favorite and beloved Son, Steward of Shireroth:

Dearest son, I find myself in Lichbrook, perhaps the only place I'll fit in now that I'm a demonically possessed and reanimated corpse. I need the Imperial Government's approval to to proceed with our plan to restore this Kingdom to its rightful status. I promised to leave you alone, and I will. I wont set foot in Goldshire, Demonsfall is yours if you want it, it has served my purposes already. But consider this, unless you want me in Shirekeep you would be wise to keep me occupied here in Lichbrook. Appoint me, your mother, as Governor of this Dominion, so that I can coordinate with Nostalgia in her anti-rebellion. I am obviously an unbiased pro-Imperial official and the public will be confident that Lichbrook will be restored as a Shirekeep-friendly State. Her and I will then present to you a new government for Lichbrook and we will expect you to approve of it. Of course, if Lichbrook doesn't work out I'll have to move to Shirekeep, and you know how outspoken I am, it might not be good for your stewardship to have your mother, a former kaiseress, hang around the capital being asked for interviews by ALL the news channels, giving my opinion on every little thing you do, asking me about your childhood (of which I have no knowledge, nor any interest in). While I would not be nefarious in my meddling, I sometimes feel you didn't get the full "mothering" experience from me, and I'd have to catch up! Just some thoughts.

Mom
Nostalgia read the letter to the Steward and began to rage, "How dare YOU ask to be made Governor! You witch, you traitor! Guards! Remove this woman from my sight!"

Kizzy held up her hand to silence Nostalgia, "Quiet. Consider the optics. I have the resume to be a logical governor. I don't want to rule this kingdom of death, I'm really not fond of being dead. We discussed the final form of Lichbrook's government and I will take a junior role in that government. But right now, Lichbrook needs some spotlight put on it, and what bigger spotlight is a former kaiseress appointed to rule and rehabilitate the Dominion?"

Nostalgia was still fuming, merely saying, "What did he reply."

Kizzy pulled out another letter, "He's very brief, I suppose he inherited that from his useless father, not me, I'm quite verbose... "
Kaiseress Kizzy,

Your letter has been received and acknowledged, Your Niftiness. Please be assured of the Steward's support of your plan to reinvigorate Lichbrook and expect your appointment as Imperial Governor within the week. The restoration of Lichbrook is the Steward's only concern and your plan is among the most viable routes to do that and this does not represent any sort of favor for you on the Steward's part.

The Steward
dictated but not read
Nostalgia thought to herself, 'The Steward really does not like his mother, I might need to cultivate a more friendly relationship with him to remind him that Kizzy will not be in charge, I'm sure he'll prefer that.' Then Nostalgia spoke out loud to Kizzy, "Very well. During the interim between now and Lichbrook's restoration you will take my 'advice' while you serve as Governor. There are already policies I want to put in place and you will be able to do that as Governor for me."

Kizzy tilted her head forward, "Of course, milady. You are Lichbrook now."
Last edited by Kizzy Drakland on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kizzy Drakland

Nathan

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

('Advice' is what you would be giving. In so doing you will be able to claim that you are on hand to 'advise'... in the run up to the inevitable betrayal. ;) )

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

I'm rotting from the inside out so one typo isn't half bad ;)
Kizzy Drakland

Nathan

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Kizzy Drakland wrote:I'm rotting from the inside out so one typo isn't half bad ;)
It doesn't show...

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Even with flesh and limbs falling off...

yaaassssssss
Kizzy Drakland

Nathan

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

The Lady Nostalgia, despite her bad temper, was inclined to agree - "You have Lichbrook now" the ex-Kaiseress had said. Of course, Nostalgia had devoted all her life to Lichbrook and it only made sense for her to be Lichbrook now, when the Kingdom needed her most. Things could finally be settled, she could get out of this "hell of a place" and take her rightful place as leader of this great Kingdom. At last, Lichbrook would have a chance.

Except... at literally the last minute the guard interrupted the meeting "Lady Nostalgia, you need to see something" he said in an urgent manner. The woman followed her, leaving Kizzy waiting alone in the room. As Nostalgia closed the door behind, she saw it ... Angry, furious, rage - all words too weak to describe her emotions. She bursted into the room, trying to control herself, "get out, you traitor! Leave, immediately, and never dare return! Get out before... how dare you wicked woman to come here while your bastard takes away our capital! CAPITAL!"

Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Return to “Modanian Archives”