A Letter to the Crown Council

The detritus of the ages is sifted here.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

A Letter to the Crown Council

Post by Continuator »

Steward's Tower,
Raynor's Keep,
12 Silnuai 1647

To the Crown Council of The Kingdom of Lichbrook, Greetings:

In light of the deteriorating geopolitical situation, I respectfully ask that the Musican Defence Force be brought to a state of alert and preparedness so that it may contribute to the defence of the Kingdom of Lichbrook and that a militia be raised in accordance with the Martial Code to provide for local defence duties in your domains as circumstances require.

I provide you with my personal assurance that they shall not be asked to perform any task outside the confines of the Benacian Continent and that they will only be asked, if the Landsraad votes to endorse the declaration of war, to perform defensive operations.

DRAVOT

Nostalgia

Re: A Letter to the Crown Council

Post by Nostalgia »

To Steward of Shireroth greetings:

Lord Steward, I will take this opportunity to express our complete condemnation of the aggressive action taken by the Jingdaoese Empire. In that regard, we stand united with the Federal Government in seeking to resolve contemporary issues, either by peaceful or military means. It is admissible, however, that the latter is more probable and the Kingdom of Lichbrook with its Crown Council will take the necessary action to assert victory.

In doing so, we understand that there are certain procedural processes which need to be observed. We also have to note that in times past not long ago, the Kingdom of Lichbrook and the Imperial Government have had difficulty in harmonising defence policy. This requires me, as a servant of Their Royal Niftinesses, to require certain assurances and agreements before action is taken. These, I am afraid, cannot rest on personal or verbal assurances only, but must be part of legally-binding agreements. Such requirements are:

- that there be a permanent Lichbrookian representative at each point of decision-making and they be consulted, and if required, the Crown Council be consulted.
- that the Musician Defence Force shall only operate within the Benacian Continent and any change in that status be agreed by the Crown Council.
- that the Musician Defence Force shall only perform defensive operations and any change in that status be agreed by the Crown Council.
- that the Crown Council be informed regularly, that is at least once every 7 ASC years, of the progress that has been made. This includes access upon request to any and all kinds of information concerning the Musician Defence Force, or the Imperial Army, when the Kingdom has vested interest in it.

Your Royal Highness, the Crown Council understands that time is a precious commodity in such situations and we have not the slightest intention to prolong these discussions. I assure you that we will be pushing for action to be taken as soon as procedurally possible.

NOSTALGIA THE EAGER
Crown Councillor of Lichbrook
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr
Former Crown Councillor of Lichbrook

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

To Nostalgia of Amarr, Crown Councillor of Lichbrook, Greetings:

Please accept my gratitude for your prompt and constructive reply. It is my pleasure to reply now in a manner that I hope will address your concerns.

A legal framework by which your concerns may be addressed already exists in the form of the Imperial Shirerithian Defence Council provided for under subsection 2 of Section 3 of the Martial Code. This will address the points regarding a permanent Lichbrookian representative in the decision making process and will provide the venue through which regular updates on the progress in the war will be conveyed to the Crown Council. I shall make appropriate arrangements for the revival and reorganisation of that institution.

With regards to the written assurances offered to the Kingdom of Lichbrook and the Elwynnese Union on the defensive posture and the limiting of operations to the Benacian Continent, I am glad to confirm these unreservedly and will issue a decree setting this requirement into law.

I thank you for this, your considered reply, and I hope that my answers will give cause for satisfaction to the Crown Council. It is my hope that this insalubrious incident with the wretched Jing will finally prove to be the moment that the Imperial Government and the States, in full retention of their respective powers, begin to harmonise their policies and priorities for the defence of the entire realm in the manner that the Charter and the Martial Code has long envisaged, to the benefit of all and the disadvantage of none, except the enemy, whom may the gods confound and destroy.

I have the honour to remain your obedient servant,

DRAVOT

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

To Steward of Shireroth greetings:

Lord Steward, I do thank you for your confirmations and assurances and I can intern assure you that the relevant decree to mobilise the Musican Defence Force will be forthcoming as soon as the Imperial Decree is issued and that the Kingdom of Lichbrook will play its full part in protecting our land and the Imperial Republic.

I endorse your comments that, provided the Imperial Government's and the Imperial States' integrities are preserved and mutually respected, there should be room for collaboration over matters concerning the defence of the Republic. Lichbrook will meet its obligations and we do recognise the common interest for self-preservation which unites us.

NOSTALGIA THE EAGER
Crown Councillor of Lichbrook
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr
Former Crown Councillor of Lichbrook

Return to “Modanian Archives”