Calling a meeting of the Great Kehl

The detritus of the ages is sifted here.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Re: Calling a meeting of the Great Kehl

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

ari wrote: Two: When was posting in Lichbrook closed off from regular users? Actually, I can check that from the admin log (turns out to have been Oct 31, 2015), but... okay, I wouldn't ask why wearing my admin hat, so let me take that off and put on my Lichbrookian citizen hat instead. What's up with not letting people post here?
My memory of such things is a little hazy, but I believe the trend originated in Elwynn and was subsequently extended to the other states by a well-meaning Imperial regime hoping to reassure more parochial opinion. Something like that.

As to whether it is necessary...probably not? At risk of sounding negative, I've grown very weary of the seemingly interminable struggle between the states and the IG and really am not sure to what extend I care anymore. Back in the day when Lichbrook was a reasonably vibrant state, then yes, it was worth fighting to preserve our unique identity...but now I'm really not so certain.

Having discovered that the Landsraad is once again seeking to downgrade states' rights to the point where a majority will be able to remove them entirely from existence...well it's probably time for me to get out of this game while I still have some sanity left.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

In light of the discussion and my suggested vision about the way Lichbrook can endure, have you made up your mind what to should happen next, and would I have the chance (green light) to give those ideas a go or not?
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr
Former Crown Councillor of Lichbrook

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

Mira Raynora Major wrote:As to whether it is necessary...probably not? At risk of sounding negative, I've grown very weary of the seemingly interminable struggle between the states and the IG and really am not sure to what extend I care anymore. Back in the day when Lichbrook was a reasonably vibrant state, then yes, it was worth fighting to preserve our unique identity...but now I'm really not so certain.
I'm going to take that as an enthusiastic yes! (e: And it's done, registered users can now post normally in Lichbrook)

Also: On Nostalgia's plan, I have no idea what it'll look like in practice, but I'll be curious to see it.

Also: On shedding the areas that aren't being used for anything: I approve.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

I would very much support the suggestion that, even if the Federation of Musica were not translated to the status of Imperial Dominion, that it be opened up to the wider public. As Ivo will be aware, I am favouring the idea of Musica becoming a staple port for trade overseas and this would combine well with Lichbrook/Brookshire functioning as the industrial heart of the Imperial Republic (alongside Mishalan) and Goldshire as the grain-basket of the empire... once things have calmed down enough for harvesting to resume (heh). But it will be more difficult to develop those twin conceits if the walled-garden mentality continues. (e: Just saw that the deed is done. Cheers Ari.)

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I agree with the opening up of Musica but deny the perceived need for fewer Miras. Diregency decree renaming Musica 'Mira' in the pipeline...
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:I agree with the opening up of Musica but deny the perceived need for fewer Miras. Diregency decree renaming Musica 'Mira' in the pipeline...
It doesn't quite sound right, setting fire to Mira once a year...

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

Before this thread becomes *entirely* about how we're cutting the kingdom into pieces and letting everyone walk in and slobber all over everything with their greasy sweaty breather fingers, let's refocus on internals for a moment.

For my part: Yes, I would like to keep Caverden as my official unofficial (so unofficial it's not even on the map anymore, which I'm fine with) Place Of Weird Shit. I reread my few old posts about it a few days ago and, you know, if they'd had several rounds of editing, I think they would actually have been worth sharing. That's not to say I'm going to make any promises whatsoever about actually working on it, just that when I think about the region in the future, I'm going to reserve the right to think of it as having Meshed Lands and weird cyborg people running around, as well as variants on themes of undeath or other abrogations of natural law that are less common in the rest of Lichbrook.
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

I am getting concerned that no step has been taken to allow for implementation of people's plans (specifically inc. the ideas suggested by other people). This makes me fear that all the discussion we had could become pointless...
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Apologies, affairs of state in the imperial capital have kept me unduly occupied of late.

Back to the matter at hand, how do we see day-to-day power transferring to myself and Nostalgia? Musica's current position under Article 18 of the Basic Law is that together with Kralizec, it is outside the power of the necrarchs. Perhaps some new government office or other body corporate could be formed by instrument of the Concert of Musica, outside the current governmental framework, with appointed representatives from the living and the dead being myself and Nostalgia. This would be with the blessing of the necrarchy.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Nostalgia wrote:I am getting concerned that no step has been taken to allow for implementation of people's plans (specifically inc. the ideas suggested by other people). This makes me fear that all the discussion we had could become pointless...
I'll be honest with you, Nostalgia. It's not that I'm against your plans; I'm just sceptical of how many people are actually for them.

As I understand it, you want to create a new royal family (fine in theory) and have everyone (who?) play characters that are part of that family. But for that to work, you need to have people besides yourself who are fired up wanting to play those characters.

Also, you say that "no steps have been taken" to implement things, but 1) I'm still not actually sure who wants what and 2) I just haven't time- I did say I was likely to be away until January. I offered you guys a chance to takeover things and implement the changes but it does rather feel like people want me to do the work of setting up their new systems- even though I've been pretty clear about my desire to scale back my commitments here.

So where do we go from here? Well, I think the best idea is for me to formally handover power for everything outside of Overdolor, either to you, Nostaligia, or to the Kehl. The former makes sense if there is a consensus in favour of Nostalgia's plans but the latter is better if you guys still want to hash things out. I can't make a decision here because this choice is going to affect YOU a lot more than it will affect me.

Oh, and a happy Day of the Dead to everyone!
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

Mira Raynora Major wrote:
Nostalgia wrote:I am getting concerned that no step has been taken to allow for implementation of people's plans (specifically inc. the ideas suggested by other people). This makes me fear that all the discussion we had could become pointless...
I'll be honest with you, Nostalgia. It's not that I'm against your plans; I'm just sceptical of how many people are actually for them.

As I understand it, you want to create a new royal family (fine in theory) and have everyone (who?) play characters that are part of that family. But for that to work, you need to have people besides yourself who are fired up wanting to play those characters.

Also, you say that "no steps have been taken" to implement things, but 1) I'm still not actually sure who wants what and 2) I just haven't time- I did say I was likely to be away until January. I offered you guys a chance to takeover things and implement the changes but it does rather feel like people want me to do the work of setting up their new systems- even though I've been pretty clear about my desire to scale back my commitments here.

So where do we go from here? Well, I think the best idea is for me to formally handover power for everything outside of Overdolor, either to you, Nostaligia, or to the Kehl. The former makes sense if there is a consensus in favour of Nostalgia's plans but the latter is better if you guys still want to hash things out. I can't make a decision here because this choice is going to affect YOU a lot more than it will affect me.

Oh, and a happy Day of the Dead to everyone!
We haven't heard too much from too many people, right. So naturally there haven't been many people explicitly expressing their support of the said ideas. But there haven't been any opposing them either. I don't think that there are "my' and "someone else's" plans here - I have agreed with and endorsed the Kaiser's ideas, so there really isn't any gap on this. If you so wish to "formally handover", I don't want people to see it as vesting power solely in me - it will rather be giving a chance to the expressed ideas - and I think it's worth trying bearing in mind nothing else seems to be on the agenda and knowing something has to be done (aka, the status quo is not an option).
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Mira Raynora Major wrote:Oh, and a happy Day of the Dead to everyone!
OOC: And a happy New Year to you too! The Day of the Dead was yesterday, and is intercalary in the Shirithian calendar. (Which I plan to update eventually™.)
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

I literally just got a new idea - how about the Queen (if she prefers), instead of just going into the darkness and abdicate/give up full control, she just appoints a Crown Council (find another name if you wish) to act and do things on her behalf?

This will also fit quite well with the shared control idea I previously proposed, unlike if one just gets appointed to replace Mira. Something quite similar to what Gotzborg does at the moment (and has done for years)
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

Nostalgia wrote:I literally just got a new idea - how about the Queen (if she prefers), instead of just going into the darkness and abdicate/give up full control, she just appoints a Crown Council (find another name if you wish) to act and do things on her behalf?

This will also fit quite well with the shared control idea I previously proposed, unlike if one just gets appointed to replace Mira. Something quite similar to what Gotzborg does at the moment (and has done for years)
Your problem lies in waiting on Rossheim to perform that function. I on the other hand have recognised that you already possess that power and as soon as you chaps realise that as well, the happier we will all be.

The Great Kehl is now the only functioning institution worthy of any residual consideration. Decide it, decree it, do it. :up2:

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

Kaiser Dominus wrote:
Nostalgia wrote:I literally just got a new idea - how about the Queen (if she prefers), instead of just going into the darkness and abdicate/give up full control, she just appoints a Crown Council (find another name if you wish) to act and do things on her behalf?

Your problem lies in waiting on Rossheim to perform that function. I on the other hand have recognised that you already possess that power and as soon as you chaps realise that as well, the happier we will all be.

The Great Kehl is now the only functioning institution worthy of any residual consideration. Decide it, decree it, do it. :up2:
Awww, seems we did not realise the full extend of your Kaiseral decree. We shall obey, of course.
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

For this worthy deed, please accept the fulsome congratulations of the Kaiser's Court.

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

Worthy dead?
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

I am sure the worthy dead are grateful too... but deed.

Nostalgia

Post by Nostalgia »

Kaiser Dominus wrote:I am sure the worthy dead are grateful too... but deed.
First I didn't know what you are talking about. Then I read "deed" and thought I misspelled it in the decree and fell off the chair laughing... then I got 0 results from the "deed" search... AND ONLY THEN did I read your initial post.

:nuke: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Much appreciated, O Mighty!
Nostalgia I The Eager

Former Countess of Amarr

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company