Proposed new structure for the realm

The detritus of the ages is sifted here.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Proposed new structure for the realm

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

With the recent addition of the Musican condominions and certain former Yardistani territories, a reorganisation of the realm is necessary. This is what I propose:

Lichkeep and Westshire
Overdolor (Meshed Lands)
Lachmodan
Lywind
Highpass
Shimmerspring
Westwood
Musica
Monty Crisco
Amarr
Note: Benacia not shown

The Kingdom of Lichbrook will comprise eleven self-governing territories:

1. Royal County of Lichkeep and Westshire (royal demesne)
2. Lichgraviate of Overdolor (Mira Raynora Major)
3. Lichgraviate of Lachmodan (Mira Raynora Minor)
4. Lichgraviate of Lywind (Lyssansa)
5. Lichgraviate of Highpass (Octavia)
6. Garden of Shimmerspring (Incarnates)
7. Diregency of Musica (Benkern)
8. County of Monty Crisco (Erik)
9. County Of Amarr
10. County of Benacia (Shyriath?)
11. County of Westwood (Clarence Etzeterra)

The Diregency of Musica will consist of the former counties of Musica and Kralizec. The County of Benacia will administer the remainder of Acaridea, which shall be treated as a dependency of the realm as opposed to an integral part of it.

It might be an idea to revive the Great Kehl and give the ruler of each territory (with the exception of the royal county) one vote, but this is just a thought.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Jonathan
Gnawing Cannibal

Re: Proposed new structure for the realm

Post by Jonathan »

I think I made a map (or list) with placenames of Amarr back in the Sanilla days. I'll see if I can dig it up. Maybe it can serve as inspiration for the future districts of it.
Prince Jonathan
MIRZA JONATHAN MERLINGSSON AYREON-KALIRION

[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Prince of Natopia
Prince among the Lakes
Duke of New Aquitane
Duke of Haven
Count Shishin
Count of Northshire
Count of Arietta
Count of Cape Farewell
Count of Ransenar
Lord of Andelarion
Jarl of Frostarike
Baig of Upasāgara
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

That would be excellent!
Mira Raynora the Elder

Jonathan
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Jonathan »

Okay, I didn't do the map... It's an old one, it must be antique:

When I had Amarr, I gave the population an Italianesque language (related to the Tellian language spoken just across the then border), and these places' names sound a bit more serious in Cisamarrese:

Fatehpur Sikri | (Fatepurra) Siccre,
Couhpurr | Copurra
Dehmpurr | Dempurra
Eyehpurr |Ajapurra
Forests of Malarbor | Malarboria
Boomwatch | Bambaccja
Gardenholm | Gjardinolma
Fort Lakhesis | Porto Lachesia

The idea was that each place would also be a patriciate (district), headed by a Lord Patrician (sinjore patrizio). I never did write out the borders though.

A side-note on the language:
it was basically google-translate Italian with another spelling because I couldn't be bothered to make a new language. To get Cisammarese, google-translate to Italian, then adopt spelling as follows:

gn > nj
gl > lj
cia > cja
cio > cjo
ciu > cju
cie < cie
gia > gja
gio > gjo
giu > gju
gie < gie

And change i to j when acting as consonant.
Prince Jonathan

Prince of Natopia
Prince among the Lakes
Duke of New Aquitane
Duke of Haven
Count Shishin
Count of Northshire
Count of Arietta
Count of Cape Farewell
Count of Ransenar
Lord of Andelarion
Jarl of Frostarike
Baig of Upasāgara

Jonathan
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Jonathan »

This made me all nostalgic... I do miss Amarr and Azarea at times, haha.
Prince Jonathan

Prince of Natopia
Prince among the Lakes
Duke of New Aquitane
Duke of Haven
Count Shishin
Count of Northshire
Count of Arietta
Count of Cape Farewell
Count of Ransenar
Lord of Andelarion
Jarl of Frostarike
Baig of Upasāgara

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

I'm very grateful for all this information! :-D

I'm probably not going to be doing much (if any) development work on Amarr for two very good reasons. Firstly, I have more than enough territory of my own to play with. Secondly, I would ideally like to keep it free (and untarnished) for someone else to cherish...provided your previous work is respected, it goes without saying. I'm not about to let some clown wipe the slate clean to make way for an inferior effort.

And who knows? Perhaps you'll be tempted back at some point! ;)
Mira Raynora the Elder

Aasmund Vigeland
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Aasmund Vigeland »

I wouldn't mind continuing developing Amarr and/or Azarea a little without actually playing out any government. If you would agree to that, of course ;)
Elwynn prevails!

Aasmund Vigeland | Аоосмунд Вигыланд
Supreme Commander of the Elwynnese Union Defence Forces
Minister of Military Affairs of the Republic of Shireroth

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

You want to continue the development work without worrying about the rulership aspects? That sounds good to me!

Amarr is currently totally free. Azarea is, strictly speaking, part of Lachmodan (under Spraki's daughter) but that shouldn't prove a problem.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

10. County of Benacia (Shyriath?)
For the time being, let it stand as that. Benacia is in for some change in the future, but I'm not sure exactly which way the change is going to take it; the Deep Singers will be playing a role, but whether they'll be so central for a Garden of Benacia to be the works is still up in the air. In the meantime, at least, Shyriath Farstrider can indeed be in charge of it.
The County of Benacia will administer the remainder of Acaridea, which shall be treated as a dependency of the realm as opposed to an integral part of it.
Indeed so. If I could ask for a different name for the dependency, though, I think I'd like to modify it to the Iridian Isles: partly this is a callback to the days of the Duchy of the Rainbow Isles (one definition of "iridian" being "relating to/resembling a rainbow"), partly a reference to Florin Sara's ancient name of Florencia (florum meaning "flower", another meaning of "iridian" being "relating to an iris").
It might be an idea to revive the Great Kehl and give the ruler of each territory (with the exception of the royal county) one vote, but this is just a thought.
Possibly, though we seem to have done well so far without it.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

I have drafted a revised Basic Law incorporating the various changes:

THE BASIC LAW OF THE KINGDOM OF LICHBROOK

Chapter 1: The Nature of the Realm

Article 1
The Kingdom of Lichbrook is a sovereign realm in federal union with the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.

Article 2
The capital of the realm is Lichkeep.

Article 3
Overdolorish, Laqi and Lywind English are official languages of the realm.

Article 3.1
Jugenski and Nizeni are officially recognised regional languages.

Article 3.2
Overdolorish is the language of administration.

Chapter 2: The Necrarchy

Article 4
The Kingdom of Lichbrook is a necrarchy.

Article 5
Sovereignty is vested jointly in the necrarchs Mira Raynora the Elder of Overdolor, Mira Raynora the Younger of Lachmodan and Lyssansa of Lywind, who are collectively and individually styled Queen of Lichbrook and Duchess of Brookshire with the qualification of Royal Niftiness.

Article 6
The necrarchs are sacred and inviolable.

Article 7
Each necrarch possesses supreme executive and legislative authority within her own lichgraviate.

Article 8
The necrarchs issue joint decrees for the common governance of the realm.

Article 9
The necrarchs jointly appoint and dismiss the ministers and officials of the royal government.

Article 10
The necrarchs are commanders-in-chief of the armed forces of the realm and possess the exclusive right to raise and maintain military and paramilitary forces.

Chapter 3: The Administration of the Realm

Article 11
The realm comprises:

(i) the Royal County of Lichkeep and Westshire;

(ii) the Lichgraviate of Overdolor;

(iii) the Lichgraviate of Lachmodan;

(iv) the Lichgraviate of Lywind;

(v) the Lichgraviate of Highpass;

(vi) the Garden of Shimmerspring;

(vii) the Diregency of Musica;

(viii) the County of Monty Crisco;

(ix) the County of Amarr;

(x) the County of Benacia;

(xi) the County of Westwood.

Article 12
The Royal County of Lichkeep and Westshire is under the common jurisdiction of the three necrarchs.

Article 12.1
The Royal County of Lichkeep and Westshire is administered by a prefect jointly appointed by the necrarchs.

Article 12.2
The shrub demigod Minarbor is the patron deity of the Royal County.

Article 13
The Lichgraviate of Overdolor is the personal demesne of the necrarch Mira Raynora the Elder, who is styled Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire.

Article 13.1
The Lichgraviate of Overdolor has its seat of administration in Maltenstein Fortress.

Article 13.2
For the purposes of administration, the Lichgraviate of Overdolor is subdivided into eleven districts:

(i) Barrowfield District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(ii) Citadel District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(iii) Dolorous District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(iv) Fortis District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(v) Gaudin District, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vi) Highdown District, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vii) Isenbury District, which has its seat of administration at Isenbury;

(viii) Lowbrook District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(ix) Lichport District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(x) Maltenstein District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(xi) Woodshire Village District, which has its seat of administration at the city of Woodshire Village.

Article 13.3
Each district is administered by a district governor appointed by the lichgravine.

Article 13.4
The Meshed Lands of Caverden are designated areas of outstanding unnatural beauty administered by the Adepti on behalf of the lichgravine and subject to the oversight of the regional governor of Overdolor.

Article 14
The Lichgraviate of Lachmodan is the personal demesne of the necrarch Mira Raynora the Younger, who is styled Marchioness and Lichgravine of Lachmodan, Countess of Azarea and Ž.

Article 14.1
The Lichgraviate of Lachmodan has its seat of administration in the Sun Palace, Modan Hamlet.

Article 14.2
For the purposes of administration, the Lichgraviate of Lachmodan is subdivided into seven districts:

(i) Aphareia District, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(ii) Azarea and Ž District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Akhuleti;

(iii) Eriksburg District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(iv) Modan Hamlet District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(v) Nur-Lach District, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vi) Qorla District, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vii) Raynor Point District, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name.

Article 14.3
Each district is administered by a district governor appointed by the necrarch.

Article 15
The Lichgraviate of Lywind is the personal demesne of the necrarch Lyssansa, who is styled Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism.

Article 15.1
The Lichgraviate of Lywind has its seat of administration in the Palace of the Winds, Lywind.

Article 15.2
For the purposes of administration, the Lichgraviate of Lywind is subdivided into eight districts:

(i) Broad Plains District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Mirapolis;

(ii) East Lyhiggle District, which has its seat of administration at Lyhigh;

(iii) Highlylands District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Nirox;

(iv) Lower Solecism District, which has its seat of administration at the city of Port Solecism;

(v) Lylow and Lyjiggle District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Chimdit;

(vi) Lywoohoo District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Mahlah;

(vii) Upper Solecism District, which has its seat of administration at the town of Stanislow;

(viii) West Lyhiggle District, which has its seat of administration at the city of Twoggle.

Article 15.2
Each district is administered by a district governor appointed by the necrarch.

Article 16
The Lichgraviate of Highpass is the personal demesne of Octavia of the House of Rossheim, who is styled Princess and Lichgravine of Highpass.

Article 16.1
The Lichgraviate of Highpass has its seat of administration in the Tower of Flowers in the city of Rhodondra.

Article 16.2
For the purposes of administration, the Lichgraviate of Highpass is subdivided into sixteen bailiwicks:

(i) Abermeade Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(ii) Champayne Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(iii) Churn Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(iv) Dolmen Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(v) Freetellya Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vi) Kaap Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(vii) Newtell Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(viii) Ozemont Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(ix) Perrynge Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(x) Rantingstone Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(xi) Rhodondra Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(xii) Scroll and String Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(xiii) Spleazure Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name;

(xiv) Tortue Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(xv) Tusk Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the town of that name;

(xvi) Vaap Bailiwick, which has its seat of administration at the city of that name.

Article 16.3
The sixteen bailiwicks shall be grouped into four circles:

(i) the Eastern Circle, which comprises the Bailiwicks of Dolmen, Kaap, Rantingstone and Rhodondra and has its administrative centre in the city of Rhodondra;

(ii) the Northern Circle, which comprises the Bailiwicks of Freetellya, Scroll and String, Tortue and Tusk and has its administrative centre in the town of Tusk;

(iii) the Southern Circle, which comprises the Bailiwicks of Abermeade, Churn, Ozemont and Spleazure and has its administrative centre in the city of Spleazure;

(iv) the Western Circle, which comprises the Bailiwicks of Champayne, Newtell, Perrynge and Vaap and has its administrative centre in the town of Vaap.

Article 16.4
Each bailiwick is administered by a bailiff appointed by the Lichgravine and each circle is overseen by a sheriff appointed by the Lichgravine.

Article 16.5
The ancient martial art of Stick Fighting, or Steikfaat in the Passikaan language, is the national sport of Highpass and every Highpassian over the age of fourteen years has the right to participate.

Article 16.6
Stick Fighting bouts must be conducted in accordance with the following regulations:

(i) The fighting stick, or Steik in the Passikaan language, must be fashioned from the branches of the Veldt Acacia and the bones of the Aaak Bird. No Steik shall be under five feet in length.

(ii) Any part of the body may be struck during Stick Fighting, with the exception of the elbows and kneecaps.

(iii) Living participants under the age of twenty years must wear a headband fashioned from glue and the feathers of the Aaak Bird. Participants over the age of twenty years are required and expected to moderate the violence of their attacks when facing an opponent thusly attired.

(iv) The means of winning shall not be recorded.

(v) An officially-accredited arbiter must be present to enforce these regulations.

Article 16.7
All those proficient in the traditional music of Highpass shall take an apprentice to ensure the continued vitality of Highpassian culture.

Article 16.8
An Academy of Highpassian Music shall be located in the town of Abermeade under the patronage of the Lichgravine.

Article 17
The Garden of Shimmerspring is a palatine jurisdiction held by the Deep Singers. Although comprising an integral part of the realm, the Garden of Shimmerspring is not otherwise subject to the Basic Law or the decrees of the necrarchs.

Article 18
The Diregency of Musica is a palatine jurisdiction held by the Diregent Benkern and comprising the County of Kralizec and the City of Musica. Although comprising an integral part of the realm, the Diregency is not otherwise subject to the Basic Law or the decrees of the necrarchs.

Article 19
The County of Monty Crisco is a fief of the realm held by Count Erik Mortis.

Article 20
The County of Amarr is a fief of the realm.

Article 21
The County of Benacia is a fief of the realm held by Count Shyriath Farstrider.

Article 22
The County of Westwood is a fief of the realm held by Count Clarence Etzeterra and comprising the viscounties of Etzeterra, Moss and Schwinn.

Article 23
The Iridian Isles are a dependency of the realm administered by the Count of Benacia. Although the Kingdom of Lichbrook exercises sovereignty over the Isles, they are not an integral part of the realm.

Chapter 4: The Symbols of the Realm

Article 24
The flag of the realm has a navy blue field with a white inner border and a maroon outer border. The height of the flag is two-thirds of its length, the width of the white border is one fortieth of the length and the width of the maroon border is one twentieth of the length. Centred upon the field is an eight-pointed star with a maroon centre and alternating yellow and Lywind blue points defaced by a white skull with yellow teeth. The total width of the star is five-eighths of the height of the flag, the height of the skull is one-fifth of the height and its width is seven-seventy-fifths of the length.

Article 25
The coat of arms of the realm is Per Pale Murrey and Azure, three Demiliches Argent, two and one, the Teeth Or, the eye and nose sockets inset with Gemstones Gules, each crowned with the Royal Crown of Lichbrook Proper.

Article 26
The heraldic badge of the realm is three Demiliches Argent, two and one, the Teeth Or, the eye and nose sockets inset with Gemstones Gules, each crowned with the Royal Crown of Lichbrook Proper.

Chapter 5: Amendments to the Basic Law

Article 27
The Basic Law may be changed or amended only with the assent of all three necrarchs.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Sorry, I forgot to actually reply to this. :oops:

Yes, I think this will do nicely.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Excellent! The current plan is to introduce the new Basic Law on the Day of the Dead.

I also think it's time we consider switching around the fora of Lichbrook and Musica, so that the former is the higher forum and the latter (with its dependent fora) is a subfora within that.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Royana Dolordotch

Post by Royana Dolordotch »

Yes, I pondered the Musica thing when requesting the other forum changes but decided it was best handled by someone in authority :king:
Royana S.D. Dolordotch
Viscountess of Karymovka
Third State Arborist of the Empire of Minarboria
(Krasniy)

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

We can handle that after the changes. I need to slightly amend the map too...
Mira Raynora the Elder

Return to “Modanian Archives”