[N_1666/I] Pezaknik to Modan

Administrative and political heart of the duchy.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

[N_1666/I] Pezaknik to Modan

Post by Continuator »

NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT

10.VIII.1666

[1666/I] Pezaknik to Modan

In accordance with the Constitution of Drakorda, We exercise Our prerogative to appoint Dr. Shehekhiah Pezaknik to the position of Academician-in-Residence at the Court of the Prince. Dr. Pezaknik is accorded recognition as an honorary member of the order of the clarissimi and shall receive an honour guard of four Covenanted Upland Lach to serve as his sentinels. The learned doctor shall be deemed a member of the Household Retinue with the right to hospitality and residency in the Palace for so long as it is Our pleasure for him to do so, with the understanding that tenure shall only be for so long as the duration of his sabbatical away from Shirekeep.

Signed and witnessed this day at the Palace of the Archons in the Governorate of Lachmodan.
Dâniyal ibn Dâniyal Simrâni-Kâlirion
Prince of Modan

Kalgachi Envoy

Re: [N_1666/I] Pezaknik to Modan

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

Permit me to extend unto Your Serenity the thanks of myself and my sovereign Garden for affording me the honour of your hospitality. The business in Shirekeep is most regrettable - without wishing to unduly impugn a minister of your sovereign Kaiser, one wonders if the speech I watched during a televised N&H rally this past election season, positing Ayreonism as a mental illness, might benefit from further examination and meditation by the Shirerithian medical profession. Diseases of the mind are a terrible and insidious thing, all the more tragically so when they afflict senior officers of state.

The request of Your Serenity's office for the sartorial services of one Capt. Kristina Delamode KDF by way of reciprocal gratuity is being addressed. At last recollection I believe Capt. Delamode was working for the OIEC Knitted Goods Marketing Department - she will doubtless welcome a new posting at this juncture.

Your Honoured Guest,

- Pezaknik

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

My good Prince of Modan

It is so good of you to offer a lodging and food for the good resident of Kalgachia at Shirekeep. I understand his predicament is difficult given his government's fatwa against me, valid until such day I might die. I convey the assurances of the Steward, however, that Shireroth does not engage in such tit-for-tat pettiness, and that the good Resident remains accredited to the Golden Mango Throne and is, in the eyes of the Steward and the Ministry of the Exterior, free to resume his duties in Shirekeep. I look forward to meeting him in person next time he is in Shirekeep. I hope such visit would be in his diplomatic capacity, but if he'd rather be accompanied by your humanist person, tagging you along like a toddler, that would be of course be fine. Anything for the good resident's comfort.

It is a most regrettable business that the poor Resident's government has engaged in, and I do hope that his mental health will not be compromised further in the care of your humanist household. With any luck, he will enjoy the freshness of the air in Modan Hamlet, and see for himself how your just and advanced household trains its chattel and brings order in the once-darkest places of Benacia. Should he ever be strong enough to leave your care, he will surely have tales to tell. Such lucky man.

I look forward to seeing you soon in the Landsraad again, where I have enjoyed our honest interactions, or in the Imperial Advisory Council under the majestic glance of Our Lord the Radiant Sun, where our tone between us is more cooperative. Truly, sir, I learn so much from you. You challenge me every day.

I am immensely grateful to be your colleague and friend in the Imperial Government.

Lady Sentratera
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

As he eased back into his chair, contemplating the printout in his hand, the Prince of Modan briefly contemplated the mental gymnastics which had led the Marchioness to conceive that a refusal to work with her while she was in office constituted a credible threat against her life. Putting the missive to one side, he picked up his appointments diary from the coffee table and dusted off the crumbs of a torn up breakfast pastry. No pressing appointments, no scheduled meetings between now and the court ceremonial in the evening. A free day to use at his discretion.

He flicked through the pages to the back of the diary, and perused the optional list. A few requests for an audience, a petition from a widow bereaved in the liberation - briefly the Prince scribbled a note to instruct the Steward to investigate and pay off with an appropriate sum if genuine. Everything else was mostly administrative trivia that he had been ignoring for some time now. Ideally he wanted something mildly engaging and set away from the palace that he could tick off and be back before supper. Then he saw it, an upland village which had thrown out its covenanted chieftain and lynched a tax collector from the Office of the Sacred Bounty. If he borrowed a whirdlebird he could be there and back within four hours. It would be a good opportunity to get some practice in with the blade. A spot of pyromancy and a blaze that could be seen on the hilltop from one end of the valley below to another would be a good educational experience for the more recalcitrant rustics.

That decided, he set down the diary and picked up his pen anew, turning over the printout he began to scribble out a reply to the MiniEx for the telegrapher to send back to Shirekeep over the BDN.

Lady Sentratera,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful note. Please be assured that I shall appraise my guest of your good will and his continued good standing with the Golden Mango Throne. I am sure that he will be delighted by this news. That said, the dignity of the Garden may require him to shun your halls for a little longer. I am sure that it is just a matter of statecraft and not one of deep visceral loathing as it might some times appear. The cultural differences of our respective societies are indeed greatly magnified by the division between the archonic and chthonic realms. Accordingly these misunderstandings do sometimes require time and patience, which I know you to have vast reserves of both, to work through.

I commend you for the new media strategy that the Ministry is introducing and I look forward to saying as much in person on the next occasion that we are both in attendance upon Our Lord the Radiant Sun.

Please be assured of my continued consideration.

/Modan

Return to “The Ducal Palace”