Taking up Residence

The ancestral islands of the Amokolian people, now their refuge in the era of their greatest downfall.
Luix Rakira

Taking up Residence

Post by Luix Rakira »

Luix had already been in the capital city for a few days now, giving lectures, making appearances, going on talk shows and evening news programs. Ironically he had become the go-to man for the cause of Natopian protection. He finally had a few hours today to meet with a real estate agent to purchase a residence here in the city.

"Fortunately," the agent was saying as Luix half-listened, "the terms under which Petersburg and envrons acceded to Araxion allowed for some lee-way in situations like this. One of the little-known conditions of eastern Vattnaland's merging with Araxion and Iserdia was that residents would not face complications if they decide to move to Amokolia if they didn't want to become Elwynnese residents. Normally we'd have to treat this like an international relocation, but because of the terms and spirit of the Second Elwynnese Partition you can move quite easily here, to our capital city." Luix was brought back to attention by the term "Second Elwynnese Partition." The agent noticed this, "To answer your question, yes, it is a quite common term to describe the situation. It was democratically enacted, but it was still a partition. We don't begrudge Elwynn for it too much, but, honestly, we needed to call it something and it certainly has bolstered Amokolian nationalism."

Luix nodded respectfully. "Yes, I suppose it would. Although is it fair to call it the second one? Elwynn was not responsible for the early cession of lands to Ashkenatza."

"A matter of perspective, Your Honor. Anyway, I've brought you here to the Museum Loop which has a small residential zone that was at one time the embassy distract. It has access to the WLR system too. You can be downtown in five minutes."

"I love the idea of living near the Museum Loop, I expect that would take up most of my free time! I realize that the Petersburg real estate market was not as ... robust... as capital city living. With the sale of my Vattnaland estate I doubt I could afford such an affluent neighborhood though. Perhaps there is a small house? The former embassy of an insignificant nation or perhaps an enemy? Although that may send the wrong message..."

"Don't worry Your Honor, there are several in your price range. Let's continue shall we, I know you are on a tight schedule."

By the end of the day Luix had finalized his purchase of a converted embassy. The plaque declaring what nation this served had long been taken down and the city clerk was under ordinance to not divulge such information to ensure the former embassies of less-popular nations would have equal chances of being purchased.

The movers would arrive tomorrow. He sat alone in a folding chair at a cardtable in the expansive meeting room that would serve as his dining room. He subconsciously touched the tattoo on his arm, it would never heal fully. He could feel each raised letter on his skin and his fingers always lingered on one line "redeem yourself here."

Here... in Anun. And he still had work to do in Iserdia. But now he would come back to Anun, not as an agent of the Elwynnese Senate, but as a private citizen seeking election to the Federal Assembly to correct the path of Amokolia and ensure its--and his--redemption.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Automatica”