Travel was difficult-

The ancestral islands of the Amokolian people, now their refuge in the era of their greatest downfall.
Azada Janara

Travel was difficult-

Post by Azada Janara »

Why he had come to this wreck of a country, he could not really remember. "A growing, expanding community open to all. Come to the Elwynn Union", the brochure had read.

Everyone was trying to go everywhere. Men (and a number of women) with guns, in and out of uniform, were on the roads, west, east, south.

The babble of different tongues was troubling. He had a talent with language in the quiet of the library, or those few times when he'd had a settled abode. This was different.

He began to comprehend a few of the slogans-

"Tarjei and Order!"

"Loki and Liberty"

"Raus mit der undermenschen!" That one came mostly from men in brown uniforms, almost-but-not quite military, carrying clubs. As one got too close he saw that he wore a button with the photo of a stern, bald-headed chap on it. The fellow raised his club, and suddenly the lights went out.

Azada Janara

Re: Travel was difficult-

Post by Azada Janara »

The streetlights, that is.

He ran into a nearby alley, down the alley, and out into the next street. He came out close to a Babkhan restaurant were a football game was playing on the TV inside. As he went inside, the game was interrupted by a news bulletin.

The patrons were annoyed.

"Crap politics, I've got money on this game."

"If we miss the only goal in this stinker, I am going to......"

"Going to do what?"

Loud music blared from the speaker, and the patrons quieted to hear:

"Senator Loki has been declared Prince! All military units have been ordered to return to barracks. The police are instructed to act with leniency with people on the roads.

Peace is declared. More on these developments as information arrives."

"So put them game back on, you fool."

The was the sound of a broken dish.
Servant of Ahura Mazda

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Travel was difficult-

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

This was distasteful. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Return to “Automatica”