A Missive to the World Community

The Community of Goëtia - A clandestine nation of demon-worshipers, living for generations in an undisclosed location.

Moderator: Goetic Priest

Goetic Priest

A Missive to the World Community

Post by Goetic Priest »

The Community of Goëtia

My name is Alfred, and I live four days away from Gathering Place, with others like me, at the base of a cliff. Some call it Basecliff, others call it Cliffbase. I have been selected to speak for my people this month, and attend to their religious needs. I am the 2,016th Priest selected according to your Nortonian months.

By consensus, The Community has decided we can no longer hide ourselves as we have done for generations. We can no longer live hidden in the hinterlands. Our faith and worship practices drove us to this new homeland, Goëtia. We have missionaries in your countries, seeking out more like us, and the missionaries send them back to Goëtia. We have settled here and made a comfortable, albeit crude, life for ourselves. We are joined, somewhat regularly, by immigrants from your countries who felt persecuted for their faith. Thus we have incorporated self-sufficient technology into our simple lives. We learn of the outside world by each new immigrant, and we are troubled by what recent immigrants tell us.

The Community welcomes them and assigns them to live in a new family. It is taboo to ask from where a Goetic came from. Our former lives are not discussed, and over the years, we only remember our time in Goëtia. Some are natively born in Goëtia, conceived during the Scheduled Time at Gathering Place when the Deacon determines our population cannot be maintained by immigrants. Carefully planned, we have maintained a small population and been able to remain hidden this way.

We have been happy to remain undisturbed until now. The Community has felt compelled to come forward, and we declare ourselves to be a nation. As a nation we will establish ourselves over time and protect our way of life. We worship demons, worship ourselves, and worship each other, as gods of our own lives.

We have, with serious consideration, begun to develop Gathering Place into a town of constructed buildings and will, in time, establish ways for un-recruited demon-worshipers to join us here to continue to build and modernize the Community. We are not unfamiliar with the trappings of statecraft, and we will soon begin to 'play the game' that we have resisted for so long. We would seek friendship with other nations that would, first and foremost, respect our demon-given right to be left alone.

Be yourself,
Priest Alfred
Alfred
Father of Cliffbase C.F.,
President of the Goëtic Conference of Cycle Families
Priest and Devotee of Ronové

Return to “Goëtia”