Tijdzones

Genoemd naar de legendarische Julius Civilis en centrum van de Bataafse cultuur en wetenschappen.

Moderators: (Batavia) Kabinet, (Batavia) Koning

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Tijdzones

Post by Hendrik des Vinandy »

Eerder stuitte ik op Micraswiki al op een opzet van tijdzones. Maar de gebruikte aanduidingen zijn niet neutraal of internationaal. Daarnaast worden tijdzones op aarde regelmatig kunstmatig aangepast om gebieden in dezelfde tijdzone te laten liggen.

Ik heb een nieuwe indeling van tijdzones bedacht: Coordinated Micras Time (CMT).

Origineel formaat
Hendrik Leopold des Vinandy, Koning van Batavië, Prins van Vinandy, Aartshertog van 's Koningenwaarde, Hertog van Gasconje, Graaf van Bourbon, Graaf van Dasburgh, Graaf van Girond, Graaf van Maconvale, Baron van Ammerswoude en bij de Loet, Baron van Bergkirche, Baron van Heydelberg, Heer van Audinghen, Heer van Paravel

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Re: Tijdzones

Nog voordat er hier een reactie geplaatst is, wordt dit idee opgepikt in Natopia, zie hier.
Hendrik Leopold des Vinandy, Koning van Batavië, Prins van Vinandy, Aartshertog van 's Koningenwaarde, Hertog van Gasconje, Graaf van Bourbon, Graaf van Dasburgh, Graaf van Girond, Graaf van Maconvale, Baron van Ammerswoude en bij de Loet, Baron van Bergkirche, Baron van Heydelberg, Heer van Audinghen, Heer van Paravel

Castrigo

Post by Castrigo »

Goed werk!

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Inmiddels al contact gehad met Craitman en hij is erg enthousiast van het idee.

Dit heeft mij gebracht tot het volgende idee:
Standard for Coordinated Micras Time

With the wish for an international standard for time zones on Micras, the initiative of the Pallisican Scientific Standard Calendar has been further elaborated. This elaboration is that nations themselves can adjust the time zone or time zones to their political boundaries. The Royal Julius Civilis University is willing to manage the official map of time zones on Micras.

The following rules are observed:

Article 1
The Royal Julius Civilis University makes available a map of time zones, allowing nations on Micras to indicate their adaptation of time zones for their area according to the political map of the Micronational Cartography Society.

Article 2
All modifications are processed by the Royal Julius Civilis University on one official map of time zones. Adjustments can be refused if they do not correspond to the political map of the Micronational Cartography Society or adaptations of time zones in other nations without their consent.

Article 3
The Royal Julius Civilis University is entitled to adjust time zones on the basis of the political map of the Micronational Cartography Society.

Article 4
Hereby the current lay-out and names of the map are respected. No political boundaries, than the boundaries of time zones on political boundaries according to the political map of the Micronational Cartography Society.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

I'm not sure what you mean by the assertion that the time zones under the PSSC system aren't "neutral or international." The designated time zones are almost entirely named after features on the neutral physical map. The only exceptions are the "Hammish" time zones. None of the names are really political or controversial in any way. They are in fact completely neutral, unless I'm missing your meaning.

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

The Government Imperial Republic of Shireroth commends the Royal Julius Civilis University on this project and offers it its full support.

Shireroth will abide by the University's Standard for Coordinated Micras Time, and will submit a proposal for timezones shortly.
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Zibertian Kind wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by the assertion that the time zones under the PSSC system aren't "neutral or international." The designated time zones are almost entirely named after features on the neutral physical map. The only exceptions are the "Hammish" time zones. None of the names are really political or controversial in any way. They are in fact completely neutral, unless I'm missing your meaning.
Thank you for your reaction.

The name of the time zones under the PSSC system is not entirely neutral in my humble opinion. For example, Batavia would fall in the time zone "Far Western Benacian Time Zone", seen only from Batavia that is not 'far west'. The names "Benacian" and "Shire Sea" have no connection with the areas "Cibola" and "Jasonian Isles" within the same time zones.

Do you agree with me that adjusting time zones on the basis of political boundaries is a more realistic representation?

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Li Naomiai wrote:The Government Imperial Republic of Shireroth commends the Royal Julius Civilis University on this project and offers it its full support.

Shireroth will abide by the University's Standard for Coordinated Micras Time, and will submit a proposal for timezones shortly.
We will look forward to the proposal and thank you for supporting this initiative.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Arkadius des Vinandy wrote:Thank you for your reaction.

The name of the time zones under the PSSC system is not entirely neutral in my humble opinion. For example, Batavia would fall in the time zone "Far Western Benacian Time Zone", seen only from Batavia that is not 'far west'. The names "Benacian" and "Shire Sea" have no connection with the areas "Cibola" and "Jasonian Isles" within the same time zones.

Do you agree with me that adjusting time zones on the basis of political boundaries is a more realistic representation?
I do agree that adjusting time zones on the basis of political boundaries is a good thing, and I welcome the development. I didn't take that step with my own system because there simply wasn't any international interest in collaborating at the time. And I do see your point now that you have explained your issue with the names. My interpretation was that you were suggesting that the names were politically motivated, or that they were biased against certain countries. I understand now that this is not exactly what you were suggesting..

Karmen Joonai

Post by Karmen Joonai »

The Dolmen of the Republic of Inner Benacia has resolved to take part in the Standard for Coordinated Micras Time as indicated by the Royal Julius Civilis University.

On behalf of the Dolmen, I have the honour to confirm that the entirety of the Republic of Inner Benacia operates in CMT -10.
The Ghost of Karmen Joonai, Lady Cherokee

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Nieuwe versie:

Origineel formaat

DES Senya

Post by DES Senya »

Feel like I should re-post Mercury's time zones as Joe posted them over in Arboria for some reason :P
joefoxon wrote:Just to let you know, all of mainland Mercury has the same time zone (+9), North Antarctica is an hour ahead of Qavaqaqqaqqaniitqeqertaq, and the Franklin Islands are 3 hours ahead of Mercury, rather than 21 behind.
CMT map.png
Barnaby Hands

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Talenore has the time zone CMT +4.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

DES Senya wrote:Feel like I should re-post Mercury's time zones as Joe posted them over in Arboria for some reason :P
Don't follow... :o

DES Senya

Post by DES Senya »

Arkadius des Vinandy wrote:
DES Senya wrote:Feel like I should re-post Mercury's time zones as Joe posted them over in Arboria for some reason :P
Don't follow... :o
Basically, Mercury posted their time zones in the wrong place.
Barnaby Hands

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Greetings!
We, the Florian Republic would like to switch our timezones to CMT.
What actions do I need to do to adopt CMT?
"My name's Jeff"

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Greetings,

Go to the CMT Micraswiki page:
https://micras.org/wiki/index.php?title ... icras_Time
Draw your desired time zone there, submit it here and I provide that adjustment in a new version of the map with time zones.

If I can advise you, I would like to give you the following:
The current territory of the Florian Republic is in CMT-2 and CMT-1, not in CMT. Would be logical if you opted for CMT-1. But the choice is yours.

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "draw your desired time zone there"?
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Arkadius des Vinandy wrote:Greetings,

Go to the CMT Micraswiki page:
https://micras.org/wiki/index.php?title ... icras_Time
Draw your desired time zone there, submit it here and I provide that adjustment in a new version of the map with time zones.

If I can advise you, I would like to give you the following:
The current territory of the Florian Republic is in CMT-2 and CMT-1, not in CMT. Would be logical if you opted for CMT-1. But the choice is yours.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I agree, that is my plan to adopt CMT-1 for logistical reasons.
"My name's Jeff"

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Mahmood Sadri wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by "draw your desired time zone there"?
What I mean is that you, on the basis of the latest version of the map with time zones, can draw the time zones for your area yourself. See the "Standard for Coordinated Micras Time" in my post in this topic on February 14th.

In principle I do not draw, but I collect the drawings with requests for changes to the time zones on one map. Like the MCS also works.

Return to “Koninklijke Julius Civilis Universiteit”