[Kalgachia] Condolences and Deconfliction

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniEx

Kalgachi Envoy

[Kalgachia] Condolences and Deconfliction

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

*somewhere on the western fringe of that vaguely-defined but persistent region known as Greater Tellia, a band of cossacks in black chokha greet advancing Shirerithian troops and hand over a message for delivery to Shirekeep*

To the Court of His Imperial Magnificence the Kaiser, the Council of Perfecti send greeting from their mountain home.

Before the object of this missive is addressed, may His Magnificence accept the Council's most melancholy condolences on the death of his grandmother, the late Kaiseress Noor, and may he obtain some small measure of comfort in the fact that the immediate liquidation of the individual responsible has done all of Micras a noble service.

To the matter at hand; the Garden of Kalgachia notes and commends the late Kaiseress' decision to assume Minarboria's responsibilities under the Treaty of Gloomburg. Certainly the assumption of Minarboria's imperial burden is far beyond the means of the Garden of Kalgachia, a small territory with a great many challenges of its own.

As Shirekeep may be aware, however, certain improbable developments in the field of cartographic standardisation have compelled the deployment of Kalgachi troops to the Shrubbery of Sansabury under the auspices of Operation Credulity's Edge, in order to support the temporary assumption of power by a senior Minarborian who also happens to be the Chairman of Kalgachia's own Council of Perfecti. May it enlighten the court of His Magnificence to know that this assumption of power, and the Kalgachi deployment which enables it, is not anticipated to last any longer than four years Anno Nortone, and does not represent a Kalgachi claim to the territory of Lywall.

The Council of Perfecti considers the communication of our modest objectives a prudent course of action given the circumstances on the ground, which will entail the regular contact of Shirerithian and Kalgachi troops on the boundary of Lachmeren and Lywall. It is the hope of the Council that Shireroth's assumption of rule in the territories of the Southern Tellian Condominium, Gloomvale, Lachmeren and Litel represent its only claims in the region for the present time, while the status of the Garden of Kalgachia is finalised.

The Council of Perfecti anticipate further contacts and negotiations with the Imperial Republic as time proceeds, and hope these can be undertaken in a spirit of civility - or even outright jollity - in honour of the legacy of our Minarborian forebears.

I have the honour to remain,
K.S. Rufin
Chief Emissary of the Garden of Kalgachia to the Tumultuous Wastes

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

Re: [Kalgachia] Condolences and Deconfliction

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

Hello

I saw this letter now. I asked if minister writed back to you. They said no. I telled the government to write to you a new letter. They are bad.

Sorry.

Okay, thank you for the nice things you said. I don't understand everything you said but it is nice you writed me this letter.

I have writed your name on my nice people list.

Okay thanks. Bye.
Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

Kalgachi Envoy

Re: [Kalgachia] Condolences and Deconfliction

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

*Emissary Rufin, embedded in the ruins of the Sansabury Shrubbery for nearly three years on a diet of KDF rations and strained morale, had given up hope of receiving a reply from the Shirerithian forces who had now advanced to within a few kilometres of the city's southern outskirts and wisely taken its sporadic eruptions of artillery and small arms fire as a signal to suspend their advance in that particular direction and consolidate their territorial gains elsewhere. So it was with some surprise that Rufin was informed of a particularly well-attired party of Shirerithian messengers advancing through the belt of ransacked dormitory towns that constituted the local no man's land, delivering the Kaiser's missive which eventually found its way to the shrubless Shrubbery and the soot blackened shell that served as Rufin's office. The surprise of the message's arrival was as nothing compared to its brevity and tone, handwritten as it was in a few shaky lines of purple crayon. Still, the page was bound in all the right seals and watermarks and would require acknowledgement. Rufin spent the better part of a day composing one with a rusty old typewriter - finding time between the lines to feel sorry for the new Kaiser, whose lucid lamentation of his own ministers' disobedience confirmed the whirlwind of cynical jockeying and plotting that inevitably raged around a ruler of his tender young age. Still, his appointed Steward was doubtless occupied with more pressing matters and for what it was worth, Rufin's masters back in Oktavyan were equally unconcerned with the finer niceties of adminstering the old Shrublands - Rufin had been assigned here to spare them the distraction, and it was his job to speak on their behalf*

Your Imperial Magnificence,

The Garden of Kalgachia thanks you for your reply, and indeed your apology for the tardiness of your ministerial staff which is accepted and understood in Shireroth's perpetually trying times.

If Your Magnificence is able to find an appropriate grown-up and convey them our compliments, it would be most kind if you could tell them that Operation Credulity's Edge is anticipated to reach its conclusion within the coming year and will entail the withdrawal of Kalgachi forces from Sansabury and their relocation to the highlands of Novodolor and Whisperwood, with a view to the further consolidation of Kalgachi borders in those areas with the assent of the rump Minarborian state under the control of our ruling Council of Perfecti.

I thank Your Magnificence for my inclusion on the roll of honour known as the 'Nice People List', and would like to extend assurances of the Perfecti's highest consideration and well wishes to Your Magnificence in return.

May the source from which you were brought to life grant you undying wisdom in your reign, persistent in the face of all evils.

- K.S.R.

Return to “Embassy of Kalgachia”