Haifan Civil War

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Haifan Civil War

Post by Jonas »

*A young aristocrat, Yo Tai, from the Jinkeai Province makes an speech in Gong Suweiai. He uses exaggerated expressions, but successfully gets the attention of those who are present.*

"Your Imperial and Heavenly Majesty
Honourable zhu

I have noticed, just like many of my fellow Jing, how the conflict in Haifa is slowly deteriorating. The Haifan Civil War, which started after the collapse of the central Caputian government, has led to another disruption of peace and stability in that region. With Caputia, our world has lost a government which sought peace, just like our Heavenly Light is searching for Eternal Peace. They relinquished their claims on Apollonian territories, after which we could liberate those people who had lived without the greatness and guidance of our Heavenly Light. This makes us, in some sense, brethren. How terrible it is to see them go!"

*The young Yo makes an exaggerated sigh.*

"But then, honourable zhu, our good allies - the Bassarids - made attempts to rescue a few of those poor fellows. A mission, meant to aid those in need, was sabotaged by those who love spreading chaos. Good nations and leaders are deceived by companies who seek to gain from war. Yes, I am talking about the same company which seeks to influence the Batavians to relinquish its claim on Wuqi! Yes, I am talking about the company which poisons the minds of the people in Los Liberados with hatred! How much do we have to tolerate, when even our food starts acting though?!"

"Hear! Hear!" shouts a noble from Xinrechen, while nibbing on a safir wing.

"May I, honourable zhu, propose that we support our friends in their attempts to bring peace?"
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: Haifan Civil War

Post by Raz »

A representative of the Imperial Palace takes the word.

"Your words are moving but imprecise, young man. Our empire always supports those who wish to bring harmony to this world. So when you ask for support, of course the palace is already working on that. We do not need members of the Gong to tell us that we need to support our allies. We understand that. If you wish to propose something, be more precise."

The representative pauses for a few seconds.

"We have put three legions on high alert. We are studying the situation to determine the actions we need to take. Any input, councilor?"

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

*The nobleman hesitated for a minute. He bowed deeply towards the representative of the Palace.*

"I hope my words didn't cause any offence to the Heavenly Light, as He is Great and Wise, while I am merely a servant. I shall humbly offer my services to the Armed Forces when the time comes to act, to repent for my foolish remarks."

*The representative of the Imperial Palace nodded. A moment of silence.*

"I have a series of potential actions we can take:
1. We send military relief to the region. It's of utmost importance to establish peacekeeping forces and safe zones for the Caputians who are on the run for warlords and terrorists.

2. It is clear that the Humanitarian Mission in former Caputia: while it started as a good intention, it got hijacked by warmongers. I have from good sources that the Krasnocorians want to stabilise the western parts of the nation. An admirable action, even if their manpower is sorely lacking. More worrying is the attempts of Hoenn and Los Liberados to transform this Mission in a force to attack the Bassarids. I propose that we aid in the blockade of those two nations.

3. Attempt to coordinate human relief efforts with the Mission and other nations who truly seek peace.

4. Establishing a commission to seek for proof about the so-called war crimes, which the the Constancians mentioned. I have no doubts that they are deliberately lying to incriminate the Bassarids about war crimes that never happened."
Important characters:

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

The Imperial Palace's representative nodded.

"The young nobleman is awarded leadership over the 29th Heavenly Corps and to deploy it to Haifa to support our allies there should the need arise."

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

*Yo Tai was surprised. Holding such military responsibility meant honour to his family, but could very well end up costing his life. While he talked though, the thought of possibly dying on a battlefield far away from home didn't look very satisfying.*

"This... truly is an honour for such an inexperienced nobleman as myself, zhu."
Important characters:

Return to “Gong Suweiai [ Public Council ]”