Shireroth

Public domain archives of the Imperial Advisory Council before 1644.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Re: Shireroth

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Hi Jonas!
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

The kind of behaviour displayed by Jonas and Scott, where people add themselves to user groups without any lawful authority just because you can for you happen to have admin powers, is not exactly gonna help with drawing the Minarborians back into Shireroth, because this is a textbook example of their objections against Bastion.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Well, just in case,

http://shireroth.org/forum/index.php

still works.
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Kaiseress Kizzy

Post by Kaiseress Kizzy »

Elwynn should now be fully secured! :D Lichbrook, too!

If any one slips through the cracks go ahead and PM me on Naian the Evergreen or Kizzy Drakland and I'll sort it out.
Her Niftiness
KIZZY

The Kaiseress of Shireroth

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Post by Kaiser Brrapa VII »

Hush. =p

3. The current red territory on the MCS stays red, maybe with a few exceptions, but the core and historic territories must stay red. No hashing, no half-colors. Shireroth must be able to lie to itself and believe it is still a mega-empire.
To truly behave like an Empire, even a collapsing one, I believe that we should have something to offer. In the far past it was the forum. Nowadays that doesn't seem very feasible anymore.
Also, our prestige: but what's left of it? On the other hand, we could use the secession of Kildare in our advantage. Proclaiming loud and clear that Shireroth is a nation which truly simulates Roman-esque empires, and we could try to write some stories around Kaisers who fought valiantly against such traitors on the battlefield, but sometimes lost (giving it a twist that doesn't make the Kaiser or his generals sound less heroic).

As I mentioned in another topic, we should use the wiki more as a website: up-to-date information, guidelines and perhaps even news (I believe these days it is possible to link Twitter or a Blog with the wiki). And, not less important, perhaps we can look for a nice new wiki theme (something medieval/fantasy-looking).

Blessed are Those Serving the Realm.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

I think we should dispense completely with a website and transition to a wiki. It makes managing and updating it a lot easier. It's also more flexible for multiple contributors, especially considering how people's availability changes frequently (myself included).

Ladonia has a nice FB page. But they also do some really cool (and real) art.

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Post by Kaiser Brrapa VII »

Orion wrote:I think we should dispense completely with a website and transition to a wiki. It makes managing and updating it a lot easier. It's also more flexible for multiple contributors, especially considering how people's availability changes frequently (myself included).

Ladonia has a nice FB page. But they also do some really cool (and real) art.
Indeed, I myself prefer using the wiki. And I would like to use the frontpage as something like a website: welcoming guests, linking to the most important pages (with basic info about our nation, history, races and how to immigrate).

But I would really like to find some nice wiki theme for it. I remember a French micronation (Avaricum) which used a wiki (partly as site, mostly as wiki). The design was great and, if it hadn't been French, I would have immediately joined just because of how it looked. =p

The wiki themes I found till now were rather disappointing.

Blessed are Those Serving the Realm.

Return to “IAC Archives”