Statements by the Lord High Steward, Ernesto de la Cruz

The heart of political activity in the Most Serene Union of Demesnes.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) MSU Princely Family

Ernesto de la Cruz

Statements by the Lord High Steward, Ernesto de la Cruz

Post by Ernesto de la Cruz »

Resignation
Good evening.

I met with His Serene Majesty the Prince today and can confirm that the Prince is in good health, and that he has returned from his temporary incapacitation with the intention of continuing to serve the people of the Most Serene Union until his last day. I admire his courage, his resilience, and his honor.

I also tendered my resignation as Lord High Stewart and President of his Government. It has been the honor of a lifetime to serve the Prince and to serve the people of this great Union of demesnes. We are truly lucky to be Natopians. We are lucky to have this Union.

But the time has arrived to put the question to the people of the Union of who should lead them, as should happen from time to time in a society that values the rule of law, democracy, and good government.

I intend to contest the upcoming elections, and will run to continue the hard work of building a strong Union by campaigning for a Union Democratic Movement majority that can give our country a government committed to a common vision.

Make no mistake, the Union Democratic Movement will mount a campaign to contest every single seat in the Chamber of Deputies, and will deliver a platform to the people for a Government that is for them, by them, and of them.

The People's Government will fight for liberal principles, for civil rights, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and free markets.

The People's Government will protect our people by increasing spending on defense, ensuring that the Most Serene Union can be a source of strength for Natopia and contribute to the national defense, always working for victory and for unity.

The People's Government will fight against all extremist ideologies that threaten national integrity and whose advocacy of hate and prejudice lead to civil strife and internal conflict that can hurt our beloved nation.

We will not shy from advocating for our affairs in Lindstrom, in the Frenzy, and in Dos Gardenias. But to deliver on our promises, the Union Democratic Movement will need your vote. This campaign will need people of all walks of life to join and be part of a national effort to build a Union that is prosperous, strong, and vibrant.

I am grateful for my time in service and will work hard to earn the vote and trust of the people of this Union to lead this People's Government.

Thank you, and good night.
Ernesto de la Cruz
Chancellor of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation
Member of the Frenzy
Most Serene Union of Demesnes, Natopia
Lord High Steward and First Secretary of the Most Serene Government (1663-1668)
Dos Gardenias, New Alexandria

(Member of the Central Committee of Edgards.)

Return to “The Soapbox”