Disaster!

Located in Southern Apollonia, the people of the Old Oil Rig live their lives in a simple manner and by the grace of the Lord.
Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Disaster!

Post by Raz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 am

As the president visited the MCS and MTO headquarters to discuss international recognition of the Old Oilrig, a strong seaquake took place west of the micronation. This resulted in a tsunami that broke the anchors of the oil rig and swept it eastwards. Some citizens were able to find safety in the dinghies, others were lost to the kraken and other demons of the salt water. The third of March will from now until all eternity be remembered as the day our nation was shook and tested by the Lord. But by the Grace of the Lord, we shall endeavor to re-establish our nation in line with his Words, which we did not heed before.
Matthew 7:24-27 wrote:Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Light of Heavens

Raz

Re: Disaster!

Post by Raz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Citzens of the Old Oil Rig stranded on beaches all over Micras. Almost half of them were considered to end up in Eura, but few survived in the harsh conditions on that continent. Many others were washed upon the shores of Apollonia, on beaches that once were Flemish seaside resorts. With driftwood and the remains of Flemish civilization they built a new city, not far from the old city of Zeebruswerpen. Their city was named Driftwood, after the building materials that were used. In the sixth month, on the seventh day, Hieronim Erazm heard of the settlement and how it was comprised of old citizens of the old oil rig and he traveled there. The citizens accepted them in their midst but informed him that without his guidance, they had resorted to government by council. This had been working well for them and they were not willing to go back to the old ways of governing. Hieronim Erazm retreated from the settlement to pray to the Lord and ask for wisdom. As he returned he tested the faith of the leaders of the council and found no fault with them. He accepted the new form of government and prayed to the Lord, asking for his grace. In the seventh month, on the third day, a young boy came running from the beaches to the hall of the council, were Hieronim Erazm was leading the debates. The boy shouted "An omen, an omen!" And the council was told by the boy that the old oil rig had washed upon the beaches near Driftwood, and they agreed that it was to be considered an omen. The Lord had answered them and they now knew that they had found their home by the grace of the Lord.
driftwood.png
driftwood.png (2.34 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
Light of Heavens

Josephat de Montfort

Post by Josephat de Montfort » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Oilriggian citizens.
Psalms 42:7 and 8 wrote:Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
Josephat de Montfort, Kasterburger ambassador to the Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Raz

Post by Raz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

The people of the Old Oil Rig thank the dignitary from Kasterburg. Even though we are separated by lands and seas, we share a spiritual bond.
Light of Heavens

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm

We congratulate the Oil Rig in acquiring New Jersey. You should find it to be equally oily.

Raz

Post by Raz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 pm

New Jersey?
Light of Heavens

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Compare the coastline of Montauk and the surrounding area with that of Long Island and you'll see what I mean.

Raz

Post by Raz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Ah yes. That wasn't obvious to me.
Light of Heavens

Return to “Alrig”