[Iron Company] Ultimatum to the Florian Government

Moderator: sick39ed

Castrigo

[Iron Company] Ultimatum to the Florian Government

Post by Castrigo »

Patiencia Omni Vincit

WE, The GOVERNING COUNCIL of the IRON COMPANY hereby give note to the President and the Government of the Florian Republic of the following:

The Iron Company has been instrumental in developing the Florian Republic from a stagnating and war-torn economy into a flourishing and growing young country with a vibrant and open market. The decision by the Florian government to involve the Iron Company in the construction and running of Port Farrar, and to join the free market provided for by the Iron Company's trade organisation under Iron Fleet protection has been the best decision that any Florian government has taken, ever. Through our subsidiary of Volkscorp, we have provided Floria with high-end industry, even when foreign restrictions rendered the nation into a state of underdevelopment. We are proud of our achievements, and our mutually beneficial relationship with the Florian nation.

However, reciprocity is key in relationships like ours. When so much of the Florian economy (such as its arms industry, its automotive manufacturing and its trade) is dependent on our Company, it is unwise to attempt and provoke the guardians of prosperity. However, pressure from Raspur forces, who have taken a stance of utter hostility against our great Company, have pressured the Florian government into endangering our relationship. Firstly, by succumbing to Aldurian pressure which saw the Iron Company scaling down its activity on Togafaga. Now, Raspurid infiltration seems to be aimed at mass nationalisation of key assets.

We are delivering this clear message to the Florian government: the Iron Company cannot accept you to turn against us. Our friendship has given you much, do not repay us with betrayal, or you will sincerely regret it.

Whenever the Florian government issues laws that 1) nationalise any part of the Iron Company's assets; 2) jeopardise the Volkscorp industries or 3) take away the Company's interests in Port Ferrar, we will take this as an act of aggression and instruct the Iron Fleet to take all actions necessary to protect ourselves.

Floria has risen from the ashes, with the help of the Iron Company. It would be very unwise for the Florian government to bite in the hand that has fed them, and to risk being in a worse place than ever before.

Done by the Grand-Governor, STEPHEN LEWIS, with the assent and approval of the Governing Council of the Iron Company, in the Iron Hall in Puerto Arcadio in the Republic of Los Liberados on this day in the year sixteen eighty.

sick39ed
#abstain

Re: [Iron Company] Ultimatum to the Florian Government

Post by sick39ed »

Do we really need to have a war over this?
There is other ways of handling this...
"My name's Jeff"

Mahmood Sadri

Post by Mahmood Sadri »

Recwar requires consent from all parties.
Dr. Mahmood Sadri Maleki
Governor-General of the State of Talenore
Count Sadri of Pasdaran
Chairman, National Development Party

Shiro

Post by Shiro »

Given the Iron Company's challenged position in the world, I'm not even sure a war would be sustainable either way. While both parties arguably have many enemies, I'd see most preferring to side with Floria because of its recent (borderline pacifist) history with its neighbors, along with its location being painfully close to Jingdao, which would most likely be served more by preserving a status quo in the area at this point.

That said, I do sympathize with rampant nationalization being detrimental to parties that have helped the Florian state recover after the last major war. If nationalization occurs without compensation to those losing assets, then this would be grave news indeed.
Here is Affixed the Signature of:

His Most Virtuous Excellency,
Shiro I, Emperor of Ralgon

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

We are not willing to grant compensation as the Iron Company want it in the form of territory and from events in the past such as the War of Lost Brothers, in where we lost the former port of Blythe to Natopia (fellow Raspur Pact ally), We are therefore strictly reluctant to give any more. The nationalisation of the industry is part of a new independent future promised by the current Florian government before the people vote for a new President and Congress on the 24th March.

The Iron Company are not willing to grant the Florian people's democratic wishes and therefore our solution is to drive them out by force if we must do so and the recovery of the Florian economy and our membership of the Raspur Pact has left us in an advantageous position where we no longer require the exclusive services of one private trading company to gain access to international markets.
"My name's Jeff"

Castrigo

Post by Castrigo »

Big mistake

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Mahmood Sadri wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:31 pm
Recwar requires consent from all parties.
And I don't consent.
"My name's Jeff"

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Castrigo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:57 pm
Big mistake
"My name's Jeff"

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

https://micras.org/wiki/index.php?title ... n_Campaign

Consent for a recwar has not been given :wink:
"My name's Jeff"

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

We've subsequently had a chat and decided that - for the sake of equity - all "Verionian" interests are now fair game, if you're pressing ahead with this Jack. If you are content with that being the inevitable consequence, we can proceed. :salute:

Castrigo

Post by Castrigo »

Continuator wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 pm
We've subsequently had a chat and decided that - for the sake of equity - all "Verionian" interests are now fair game, if you're pressing ahead with this Jack. If you are content with that being the inevitable consequence, we can proceed. :salute:
As long as my actions are accepted as canon, so are yours.

Shiro

Post by Shiro »

sick39ed wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:07 pm
We are not willing to grant compensation as the Iron Company want it in the form of territory and from events in the past such as the War of Lost Brothers, in where we lost the former port of Blythe to Natopia (fellow Raspur Pact ally), We are therefore strictly reluctant to give any more. The nationalisation of the industry is part of a new independent future promised by the current Florian government before the people vote for a new President and Congress on the 24th March.

The Iron Company are not willing to grant the Florian people's democratic wishes and therefore our solution is to drive them out by force if we must do so and the recovery of the Florian economy and our membership of the Raspur Pact has left us in an advantageous position where we no longer require the exclusive services of one private trading company to gain access to international markets.
This is understandable, as the Iron Company has shown naked aggression towards many others (including Ralgon) in the past, on numerous occasions. In fact, the Ralgon state has (simply put) branded them a terrorist organization for their actions on the Glacier City dockyard in 1675, and their attack on Palesmenian resources before then.

Rather, my concerns over nationalization covered a more blanket nature. That is, for what Ralgon business exists within the territory (which may or may not be much) it would be all the same if fair compensation were given financially for assets lost by Ralgon businessmen there as a direct result of asset reappropriation. The Ralgons are not interested in needlessly taking Florian territory by means of force and attempting to trigger a repeat of the terrible times visited on your people during the War of Lost Brothers.

Nationalization is an important tool at a state's disposal. Whether the people of Floria wish it or not is not my personal concern. However, the aftermath (as it affects any Ralgons present there) will, of course, determine the viewpoint (and subsequent actions) I adopt for this conflict. I thank you for your patience and understanding in these trying times. I'm certain that that we can come to a much more amicable agreement on the matter than, say, the Iron Company attempted to.
Here is Affixed the Signature of:

His Most Virtuous Excellency,
Shiro I, Emperor of Ralgon

Return to “Economy”