Grimoindr: Stolas, the Eighth Demon

The former lichlands of Lywall, Lachmeren, Litel, and Gloomvale (and Angularis)

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

Grimoindr: Stolas, the Eighth Demon

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Stolas
The Somme-liar of Little Airle
Demon-Lord of Lachmeren
Devotee and Mortal Lord/Lady of Lachmeren: None appointed

Stolas is the eighth and final demon removed from Demonsfall. He is very greedy and hoards precious jewels. He has excellent knowledge over astronomy and poisonous plants. The Little Airle neighborhood of Demonsfall was famous for its many restaurants serving prestigious Airle wines. Stolas would poison the casks of wine that came from Airle, causing many people to become sick. Stolas would always perfectly match the poison with the wine, and victims report that poisoned wines were unparalleled in their taste. He has been given dominion of Lachmeren.

If you devote yourself to Stolas, he will provide you with jewels and teach you astronomy. He will also teach you antidotes to his poisons, but he will become furious with you and could kill you if you use them.

Upon confirmation of your oath to serve Stolas, you will lose your sense of taste. After 8 years of service, Stolas will allow you to use his poison and antidote formulas.
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Kalgachi Envoy

Re: Grimoindr: Stolas, the Eighth Demon

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

To persons unseen, beneath mountains distant.

My Troglodyte brethren,

You will doubtless have obtained and perused a copy of my recent report to my superiors at the Directorate of the Tumultuous Wastes, concerning the ongoing extraction of morally-fluid entities from the Realm of Irredeemable Corruption by one Kizzy, Queen of the Shirerithian territory now known as Malarboria. Anticipating with the utmost surety that a seperate report on the matter for Troglodytic eyes will be considered quite necessary among your number, I write to such an end herein.

It has become obvious, in the first instance, that the decision of your number to transfer possession of the artifact known as the Sword of Fire to Queen Kizzy is yielding the most tangible and immediate results. That she, hitherto a common possessed individual, is able to amplify the standard invocation of a corrupted entity to enact their permanent transfer from the cursed bowels of Demonsfall into the material realm, under the noses of the Rrakanychan Watch and other organs of the Shirerithian complex arcana, can only be attributed to her possession of the Sword which was until recently under our care.

The nature of the entities thus transferred suggests a rather less than complete level of corruption, gifted as they are with a willingness to strike deals to the benefit of those with eyes to see their true nature, who might conceivably avoid ruination in perpetuity by rendering a consistently scientious and loyal service. Presumably these last shreds of innate humanity have caused the entities to remain on the periphery of the Realm of Irredeemable Corruption, where such esoteric journeyfolk as Queen Kizzy can pick them out with the help of her Sword and such other corrupted artifacts as she may have accrued during her long flirtation with the realm of the damned.

The latest entity to surface is Stolas, en entity mining the rich owl archetype and subverting the noted discretion of those creatures in the standard manner of its corrupted ilk. It appears to have arisen as a memeform in the benighted population of Lachmeren, much afflicted by the end of production of the famed "Altan Spring" lich gravy when the Empire of Minarboria collapsed. Being half-crazed by their cravings for intoxicatory beverages, the population have become easy pickings for a parasitic sentient memeform promising them Goldshirian wine, eliminating the most foolish with poisoned samples of it and stringing the rest along with the promise of an antidote. For its most intellectually-rigorous contenders, Stolas additionally promises jewels and a knowledge of the stars.

According to the Queen's court, Stolas is the final entity to be extracted from beneath Demonsfall and, like its infernal peers, appears to have a role in Malarboria's provincial governance. While the word of a helplessly corrupted shell of a woman must be taken with the usual pinch of salt, if true the Queen's assertion would vindicate your number's judgement in anticipating the post-necrarchic upheaval of southern Shireroth settling onto a stabilising plateau. Similarly in the north, I gather the efforts of one Colonel Shumyanov in sparking the Mishalanski powder keg are finally calming down, despite unexpectedly precipitating the overthrow and exile of Elwynn's Froyalanic King. Proof, if proof were needed, that our art can never be a precise one.

These two elements combined, it seems unavoidable to call our efforts to archonically rebalance Kalgachia's near abroad anything other than a resounding success; a troubling development to be sure. I hope and trust that your number will remain cognisant of the mango archon's historical nature, and avoid any temptation to consider the pendulum steadied still when it has, in greater likelihood, been shoved away with some violence and will inevitably swing back at us. For the time being we may rejoice at the redemptive actions currently undertaken in Shirekeep, Eliria and Modan Hamlet alike; but I must stress that the only tangible thing it has bought us is time. We cannot forget that the realm from which Kizzy's creatures are being summoned is, as far as we are aware, the current residence of the bloodthirsty Tokaray who may be only be biding his time in its infernal queue before he too is plucked back into the material realm - this being quite aside from the challenge of Elwynn, returned as it may soon be to the clutches of hysterical Ayreonists and jackbooted Fieldburgers. That their regime is considered preferable in the modern age is final proof, however, of the sheer suffocating inanity of the previous Froyalanic regime whose downfall has brought a visible jollity to all I have encountered in my Shirerithian travels, and has doubtless done similarly back home. There, as here, I do not doubt that any uncomfortable consequences of the Auspicious Occasion, as I have heard it called, will be borne with a stoic gratitude for the aversion of a considerably more hopeless and ultimately degenerate fate for the Benacian continent.

- Rufin

P.S. The Directorate of the Tumultuous Wastes have thinned my expenses ledger for a third time. I can barely buy bread at Shirekeep prices. It pains me to request a donation from your Trogolodytic number, but you cannot doubt that I have expended as much energy for your ends as I have for my nominal office. Not paper cash - if the DTW get wind of the transfer they'll dock me again - but I hear the price of gold is strong these days and would be grateful if one of your number could quietly convey me a Kalgarrand or two. Many thanks in advance - may the Garden keep you all.
Mothbert D. Twiddle
Chief Emissary of the Garden of Kalgachia to the Tumultuous Wastes
( Krasniy )

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Re: Grimoindr: Stolas, the Eighth Demon

Post by Continuator »

Meta-narration time: It is true that the officers of the Rrakanychan Watch, garrisoned in Demonsfall no less, are either deeply negligent or no less deeply complicit. Please consider that the Steward has finally become annoyed with the lax state of affairs and that - as a consequence - the firing squads are now working double shifts trying to restore some measure of efficiency.)
Edit: Poor performance addressed. There will be no staff bonuses this year.

Return to “Malarboria”