Concerns re: Industry Nationalization

A proud, young powerful nation which aims for supreme democracy. Sports mad and inspired by western and Japanese culture. ABSTAIN!

Moderator: sick39ed

Shiro

Concerns re: Industry Nationalization

Post by Shiro »

Just as it says on the can, I'd like to express my deepest concern over what appears to be forcible appropriations of private assets to the state. Are these reappropriations being done with just compensation to their owners for the assets they are losing in this process? This would naturally include real estate, equipment, inventory, and of course liquid investments (be it cash or stocks/securities/bonds) held through the companies they have invested in.

For example, when Ralgon (partially) nationalized its own raw materials production industries, it compensated the owners and/or shareholders of relevant production facilities, means, and assets at 20% above fair market value (the higher of the recent historic or current values) in exchange, as well as compensated employees lost in the transfer at a higher rate than normal. Much the same happened when much of Glacier City had much of its land area was reappropriated so that infrastructure and affordable housing could be built, consolidated, or even simply repriced for the massive population living there.

In short, a friendly nationalization process would alleviate concerns especially outside of Florian borders, but the recent posts lack clarification. Would you be so kind as to provide it?
Here is Affixed the Signature of:

His Most Virtuous Excellency,
Shiro I, Emperor of Ralgon

Return to “Confederate States of Floria”