King's Day

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Hadrian Myksos
Lord of the Fries

King's Day

Post by Hadrian Myksos »

"Honourable Senators,
May I propose that we introduce a new public holiday? Several Senators have approached me with the concern that our citizenry forgets all too quickly the evil side of a ruling royalty.
To avoid that our citizens would ever cherish the thought of ever bringing back nobility to the Republic, I would propose to proclaim 1 April as King's Day: a day on which the Seanad appoints a King-for-one-day who receives unlimited power over the realm. His short reign will remember the citizens of the bad side of the monarchy and will strengthen their conviction to support the Republic, its Seanad and their benevolent protector, the Caudillo.

Once the day is over, the King will - in most cases - be brought to death, as he has to pay for his dictatorship and tyranny!

Because the deceased King is set as an example, his family will, of course, receive a compensation and rise in prestige."
Hadrian Myksos

"Extra Siseram nulla salus, extra Germaniam nulla vis"

Jonas

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: King's Day

Post by Raz »

What if the king appears wise and just? Surely some of them would wish to exploit this.

Hadrian Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Hadrian Myksos »

Rasmus wrote:What if the king appears wise and just? Surely some of them would wish to exploit this.
Indeed, that's why the secret service will take care of all the orders of the king and - if necessary - change the more 'ridiculous' (aka, wise and just) orders into more appropriate ones.
Hadrian Myksos

Jonas

Marcus Myksos
actually talented brother of

Post by Marcus Myksos »

This sounds like an idea that could go really bad really quick.

Let’s do it :herman:
Fight the fascist mods :madviking:

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Kaiser Ayreon III »

tl;dr
Last edited by Kaiser Ayreon III on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Мирза Йоонатан Мерлинион Аиреоон-Калирион, Чайзыр Широон, Аран Адуреллион, Хвалафельлион, Кузирасион о ве Римеай, Амиресатхырати, Метробоусархоос Беначияй, Боусархоос Чипуун, Конде Сисин, Ярлыр Фростаричиай, Геш Шаахай Шаахаяй

Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Kaiser of Shireroth, Prince of Elwynn, Hvalafell, Kujirashi-Walstadt and among the Lakes, Emir of Sathrati, Metrobosarch of Benacia, Bosarch of Shirekeep, Count Shishin, Jarl of Frostarike, Scion of the King of Kings

Raz

Post by Raz »

If you post here again I will assume we are allowed to post in the Landsraad too.

Raz

Post by Raz »

Hadrian Myksos wrote:Indeed, that's why the secret service will take care of all the orders of the king and - if necessary - change the more 'ridiculous' (aka, wise and just) orders into more appropriate ones.
We would have to shadow all government officials to do that, does that mean we can increase our budget?

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

:herman:
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Hadrian Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Hadrian Myksos »

I think that the wise emoticon of Senator Aryeztur says enough. :sherlock:

(I'm honestly shocked to hear the the secret service didn't have the budget yet to control our officials already).
Hadrian Myksos

Jonas

Return to “Haigui Lane 21 [Seanad Archives]”