Autonomous Arkonates - Invitation to the Ergonians

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Autonomous Arkonates - Invitation to the Ergonians

Post by Jonas »

"Honourable Members of the Imperial Yuan,

We welcome today Arkoness Roheline of Ergonia who shall answer our questions concerning the people of Ergonia, who seek our Emperor's guidance."

*A mild applause follows, while others shout enthusiastically "Hear! Hear!" or "Glory! Glory!".*

Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Kelii K'aarve

Re: Autonomous Arkonates - Invitation to the Ergonians

Post by Kelii K'aarve »

"Oh, thank you, thank you, kind Sirs! Now, time to put on my 'Serious Business' voice."

"Members of the august Imperial Yuan, what questions doth thou proffer Us?"

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

*An older member of Kuominliantang takes the floor.*

"Zhu, if I read your message to our honourable Diwang right, Ergonia would maintain "full cultural authority and autonomy, except that the Heavenly Light must be respected". While I agree that political and cultural liberties are of utmost importance, it is the role of the Heavenly Light - may He bless us - that interests me the most. Would Tianchaodao be endorsed? Would the Ergonians allow the establishment of state temples and shrines to pray to their Heavenly Light? This is, of course, without political consequences."

*Another younger member takes the floor.*

"Zhu, could you summarise for us what your nations wants and what it wants in return? Your requests made in your letter were very reasonable and acceptable, but could you repeat them once more in front of this legislation to avoid any further troubles?"

*Then a member of the leftist Nokarodo Faction takes the floor.*

"May I inquire how the Ergonians see there role within the USSO? Would they find it acceptable to join the organisation?"
Important characters:

Kelii K'aarve

Post by Kelii K'aarve »

*An older member of Kuominliantang takes the floor.*

"Zhu, if I read your message to our honourable Diwang right, Ergonia would maintain "full cultural authority and autonomy, except that the Heavenly Light must be respected". While I agree that political and cultural liberties are of utmost importance, it is the role of the Heavenly Light - may He bless us - that interests me the most. Would Tianchaodao be endorsed? Would the Ergonians allow the establishment of state temples and shrines to pray to their Heavenly Light? This is, of course, without political consequences."
"Your Excellency, Ergonia grants freedom of religion to all. This includes worshipers of the Heavenly Light. Just for the A.J.U, we can even go further and give special recognition and respect to the Heavenly Light as the deity of the chief religion of the A.J.U. and allow state temples and shrines to be erected. However, our chief cultural philosophy, Enaronoc, is an integral part of our society, and therefore we must be allowed to practice it, and our Council of Elders must follow it in making its decisions. Enaronoc is not a religion per se--although there are overlaps."
*Another younger member takes the floor.*

"Zhu, could you summarise for us what your nations wants and what it wants in return? Your requests made in your letter were very reasonable and acceptable, but could you repeat them once more in front of this legislation to avoid any further troubles?"
"Your Excellency, we want
1, Freedom to join and participate in SCUE;
2, Freedom to conduct our own trade on our own terms with both Jingdao and with other nations;
3, Freedom to have control over our own internal affairs in nearly every aspect, including security/police, transportation and waterways;
4, Freedom to withdraw from the A.J.U. with 30 days notice;
5, Freedom to conduct our foreign affairs and diplomacy as they relate to all things but defense
6, Taking over our defence, since our magnificent quantum shield is sadly no more.

in exchange for (dozo):

1, A.J.U. coloring on our territory on the MCS map;
2, Quantragen battery, unlimited energy source (note: requires cooperation of Ergonian scientists to use);
3, Jenutriolex serum, for enhanced 1000 yr+ Micran lifespans (note: also requires cooperation of Ergonian scientists to use);
4, An annual tribute payment composed of 10% of the annual Ergonian tax collections."

*Then a member of the leftist Nokarodo Faction takes the floor.*

"May I inquire how the Ergonians see there role within the USSO? Would they find it acceptable to join the organisation?"
"Your Excellency from the Nokarodo faction,

Our Fort Leuca is willing to host U.S.S.O. allied ships. Also, if we join the A.J.U., then through the A.J.U. we assume we are also a part of the U.S.S.O. But we would like to have some special stipulations in our annexation treaty. For instance, we only grant the construction of military bases or the stationing of soldiers in Ergonia at a facility in Fort Leuca, no more. Military and fighting are not a part of the Ergonian way, only peace and unity, since we traditionally use our advanced technology to render all weapons useless without a shot fired.

By the way, despite my aristocratic origins, I would like to further assure you, Sir, given that you are a representative of the Nokarodo faction, and Chairman Ming Wei, that Ergonia is a friend of the working person. "

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

"Your Excellency, Ergonia grants freedom of religion to all. This includes worshipers of the Heavenly Light. Just for the A.J.U, we can even go further and give special recognition and respect to the Heavenly Light as the deity of the chief religion of the A.J.U. and allow state temples and shrines to be erected. However, our chief cultural philosophy, Enaronoc, is an integral part of our society, and therefore we must be allowed to practice it, and our Council of Elders must follow it in making its decisions. Enaronoc is not a religion per se--although there are overlaps."
"Good! We respect the cultural identity of those who seek our help. Those shrines and temples as special recognition would be more than sufficient in the eyes of the Yuan. It will also certainly increase the respect for each others peoples."
Important characters:

Kelii K'aarve

Post by Kelii K'aarve »

"Well, Imperial Diwang" said Commander and Grand Arkoness Kelii K'aarve, "shall I draft a Treaty of Association or shall you?"

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Kelii K'aarve wrote:"Well, Imperial Diwang" said Commander and Grand Arkoness Kelii K'aarve, "shall I draft a Treaty of Association or shall you?"
"The Yuan would welcome your enthusiasm."
Important characters:

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

"The Yuan awaits any further answer from the diplomats. Should we assume that they are no longer interested?"
Important characters:

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

If there are no more contributions, the yuan will close this discussion within 24 hours.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

No further comments from the KLT.
Important characters:

Princess Yuling

Post by Princess Yuling »

"The Badao wouldn't mind some kind of divine punishment to those who wasted our precious time."
Meiyo Emperor
Daughter of the Xianfa Emperor, Sister of the honorable Hai Emperor.
(Also known as Yuling, Second Princess)

"Honour the Divine Gods, Praise Our Grand Heavenly Light and Aid the Harmonious Empire this World desperately needs."

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

The Heavenly Light adopts the motion brought forward by Princess Yuling to Kelii K'aarve. She shall be severely punished in the Afterlife.

Return to “Haigui Lane 20 [Yuan Archives]”