General Elections (January 2016)

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

General Elections (January 2016)

Post by Jonas »

If His Imperial Majesty allows it, I would like to start the preparations of the first general elections myself.

Some guidelines:
1. Each State is worth a certain number of seats. A citizen has 10 votes to spend in each State, if it's in your own State you receive 15 votes (the State which is your main residence gives you a small bonus in votes).

2. Only parties participate (fictional lists and advertisement for candidates is, of course, allowed).

3. The outcome is calculated for each State separately. In each of those election rounds, 20% of the votes are randomly distributed to one of the parties.
I advise that Erasmus (as Emperor) tells me which party received those random votes (throw a dice or something like that), after which I calculate the outcome (I wouldn't want to be accused of cheating :wink: ).

4. The plan:
a. All citizens are allowed to vote, but must first register themselves as voters (as I'm not sure who still holds citizenship and who doesn't). This takes 2 days.

b. Parties can register themselves. Regional parties are limited to the State they come from.

c. The elections: voters have 3 days to vote. The polls close after 3 days or if 100% of the voters have voted.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Return to “Haigui Lane 20 [Yuan Archives]”