Let's have some tea

Entrance to the Imperial Palace. Please first make an appointment with the Heavenly Light or His Imperial Household staff here. DIPLOMATS HERE!

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Princess Yuling

Let's have some tea

Post by Princess Yuling »

"Blessed Brother,

May I invite You for a delicious cup of tea in the Gardens of Supreme Tea Cups at the Inner City?"
Meiyo Emperor
Daughter of the Xianfa Emperor, Sister of the honorable Hai Emperor.
(Also known as Yuling, Second Princess)

"Honour the Divine Gods, Praise Our Grand Heavenly Light and Aid the Harmonious Empire this World desperately needs."

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: Let's have some tea

Post by Raz »

The Hai Emperor looks up from his pile of papers.

"Some tea would surely not harm me. I have been working very hard to achieve the restoration of the empire and I feel some rest and relaxation is in order."

Princess Yuling

The Second Princess seemed very happy with the response. It had been a while since she had seen her brother in person. Leading a country came before family, certainly when your brother was the most elevated and powerful person in Jingdao.

"Thank You, Blessed Brother of mine."

An hour later, they sat in front of each other, sipping of their tea.

"Brother, I know this should be a time of relaxation, but I have some worries and want to address them to you personally."
Meiyo Emperor

"Honour the Divine Gods, Praise Our Grand Heavenly Light and Aid the Harmonious Empire this World desperately needs."

Raz

Post by Raz »

"Please come to the point sister. The tea will become cold if you don't.

Princess Yuling

"Dear brother, it came to my attention that the little coup against king Noah has led to severe unrest and chaos in Benacia. Batavians are fleeing the countryside and are attempting to reach Badawei. Reports about mass murders by firing shells towards our border (and killing hundreds of innocent refugees while doing so) are not unheard of. The situation is grave, and I would like to have approval to lead a humanitarian action to rescue those poor Batavians and let them in."
Meiyo Emperor

Raz

Post by Raz »

"Let them in!?" exclaimed the Hai Emperor. "I assume you mean that they are moving towards Tianhoucheng. I doubt the city could hold so many people, what do you propose, we resettle them on Nandao?"

Princess Yuling

"Blessed brother, I understand Your doubts, and as usual You are right. But no, not Nandao. I hoped to send them to lands which once belonged to them... that would include the few isles and territory in south Benacia. And, with a bit of luck, the Brettish will welcome some refugees themselves. The country once was Batavian and is in dire need of more people to settle. We could at least ask them."
Meiyo Emperor

Raz

Post by Raz »

The Hai Emperor knew that there was little point in arguing with his sister. She had taken the plight of the Batavian people to her heart. He only hoped she would survive the ideal as the maniac who now ruled Shireroth seemed so intent to escalate the already precarious situation into a full-blown war.

"I will tell my clerks to prepare your diplomatic papers and a submarine for you. You have my full confidence and can speak with the Brettish lords as my representative. Good luck dear sister and please make it back in one piece."

Princess Yuling

"You are too kind, Elevated Brother. The Gods will protect and guide me during this mission."
Meiyo Emperor

Return to “Gate of Sisera's Wrath”