Proposed Revisions to the Union Treaty

The Political Consultative Committee, which acts as the headquarters of the USSO is located in Daocheng. Here the representatives of the USSO member states assemble to discuss their next step in accomplishing world domination.
Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Proposed Revisions to the Union Treaty

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Note that I am in the process of proposing a handful of amendments to the Union Treaty, so as to better reflect the state of the alliance as it exists today. You will find the relevant proposals on the Union Treaty wiki page.
https://micras.org/wiki/index.php?title ... July_2017)

To clarify my suggestions here, I have proposed the addition of a new article following article 6, which would expand on the role and nature of trade within the USSO. I have also proposed revisions to the system of elections described in Article 10, such that the position of Chairman - rather than being formally elected - would rotate between our various heads of state. In addition, I have proposed an expansion to the rights of citizens enumerated in article 20. These are all the proposed changes I have come up with for now, though more may follow later.

In addition to these proposed amendments, I wanted to let everyone know that I am looking at overhauling the USSO Common Market, just to streamline it and to bring it more in line with the modern model represented by the Port of Vines. So far I've taken a piece-meal approach to updating the market, but I'm now looking at re-doing the whole thing, and re-constructing it from the ground up. Personally, I would really like to simply merge the Common Market with the Port of Vines, but I know that there may be some objections, so I will leave that possibility for discussion while I begin work on a brand new database. To this end, if the Market has seemed inactive lately, it's because I've been contemplating ways to change and update it. You should have no doubts that the trade between our nations remains as active and robust as ever, even if the bureaucracy is running a bit inefficiently.

With all of this said, I invite everyone to voice their opinions on the proposed amendments, and to give their thoughts on any other issues which they think we might address.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Re: Proposed Revisions to the Union Treaty

Post by Jonas »

OOC: Going to react when I have a bit of time. :mrgreen:
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

The Xangese representative supports the proposed amendments to the Union Treaty.

The Craitish representative observes this.
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

Jingdao is represented by the diwang in the USSO, however as both he and the representative of His Divine Majesty the Heavenly Light are occupied with other business at the moment, a reply might take some time. We also have our own ideas on the future of the USSO, which we will first discuss internally before we offer them to the other nations of the USSO.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

If the representatives from Jingdao have their own ideas for moving the union forward, we would doubtless all like to hear them. To clarify my own post, I am doing two different things here. The first thing I am doing is proposing explicit amendments to the charter, and asking for a vote on those. The second is proposing things which we might consider for the future, near and short term.

Return to “Political Consultative Committee”