[Call to arms] Protection of the Brettish

The Political Consultative Committee, which acts as the headquarters of the USSO is located in Daocheng. Here the representatives of the USSO member states assemble to discuss their next step in accomplishing world domination.
Jonas
Lord of the Fries

[Call to arms] Protection of the Brettish

Post by Jonas »

*Diwang Zhang San starts his speech*

"Honourable Members

Some of you may already be well informed about the current status of the War of Lost Brothers, others have tried to keep as far away from this struggle as possible. Despite the attempts of the Shirerithian menace to ridicule and weaken our grand and glorious Union, we stand united. Yes, we may have lost a member, but we have also witnessed renewed interest from another one. Besides that, our former member has crawled back; trying to once more stand in the Light that our Union spreads across the globe.

Thanks to the commitment of several of our members, our citizens enjoy the luxury to travel freely across most parts of the World. Thanks to major and shared investments in funds, research and supplies, our economies are steadily growing. We surpassed the time that this was simply a military alliance, built to keep our nations free from the shackles of Shirerithian tyranny. We have grown, but our enemy didn't.

Even today, we witness severe harassment by the Shirerithians upon our allies. Think of the poor Brettish who lost their home and - though Jingdao is in a state of total war and others are preparing for it - we have gathered together and offered our sincere help. Compare this to the Shirerithians who seek for prey as a predator to keep their war economy running. The harassment of those in need is for them a mere opportunity!

My friends, Jingdao has not asked once of its allies to join it in its war efforts. We tried to keep all safe from our conflict that -we hoped - would never become yours. Time has proven us wrong. The enemy is gathering what's left of its allies. They are seeking ways to weaken us and therefore hope to destroy all ties between us and our good friends."

*Looks around in the conference room, which is filled with diplomats of the member, associate and observer states.*

"Friends, if even being associated with us means that you are not safe, then we need to react likewise and stop them in their tracks. Therefore I humbly ask - not demand - to consider to join our forces in its attempt to end the harassment of our enemies. We need to protect the Nova English, we need to defend the Brettish and we all need to defend the Union. Together we will be victorious. Together we can not fail."

OOC: More accurately, I think it has become time (especially with the start of Keltian Cod War) that the member states that wished to participate start participating and use the attacks on the Brettish as a casus belli. The Craitish and Gerenians could aid by sending food and supplies, while keeping the trade routes between their countries open (allowing Jingdao to indirectly import supplies without having to spend large parts of the Navy to protect the seas). Perhaps also activate the Union Forces and send them to the Brettish to eradicate the interference of the Shirerithians in our rescue missions and stop them from fishing.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Re: [Call to arms] Protection of the Brettish

Post by Zibertian Kind »

*Speaking in his role as the representative of the Crown of Passio-Corum, and the Chairman of the Policon, Zibertian Kind addresses the crowd after what some quietly regarded as an unnecessarily protracted delay.*

"Let me tell you a number, my friends.

One hundred and seventy-four million, five hundred and eleven thousand, and thirty-six. This is the number of people, my honorable colleagues, who benefit from the alliance which we represent here today. Our alliance benefits nearly one-hundred and seventy-five million people around the world - around four percent of the world's population, according to our own rough estimates. The people who benefit from our alliance live on every single continent. From southern Corum to northern Keltia, and from the furthest reaches reaches of the old world as far east as the isle of Rouge, our flag flies to the benefit of all who stand willing and able to raise it.

How do these one-hundred and seventy-five million people benefit from our alliance? What does it mean that we, the Policon, stand here now claiming to represent them? What does it mean, in other words, to benefit from our alliance? To answer these questions we must weigh the implications of the facts to which Mr. San has so wisely alluded. Let us consider first of all that since its earliest days in which it was founded on the basis of the willingness to pursue friendship between rivals, our alliance has contributed to the spread of tremendous wealth and prosperity to all those who associate under our common banner. Over one-hundred and fifty million jobs have been created since the establishment of our alliance. Today all of these jobs pay on average higher than the international standard wage, which is in large part defined by those determined within my own country. In terms of sheer access to goods, the average citizen of a USSO-affiliated nation today enjoys access to around 2,500 pounds of food per year. Compare this to most parts of the world, including the feudal lands of the settled west, which remain gripped by the goddess of starvation, the Green. Our lands are lands not of abundance and prosperity, but of super-abundance and excess. And because of this super-abundance and excess, our lands are most happy and peaceful, and our people are content as they travel about the world from land to land, unimpeded by the practices of the paranoid and uninformed. Even now, we the Policon fly in luxury, aboard this proud and wondrous vessel, so expertly built and crafted through the collaborative efforts of all our countries. The world which we promote, my friends, is one of tremendous peace and progress. The future which we work faithfully towards is one in which man is satisfied.

To what end do the allies of the former Kingdom of Alexandria oppose us? To what end do they seek to disrupt the spread of the benefits which arise from our great friendship? Surely they see the truth in the facts which my friend Mr. San has described, and which I have expanded upon? Do they not understand the systems which have been laid in place, which today support the well being of one-hundred and seventy-four million, five-hundred and eleven thousand, and thirty-six people around the world? Do they not recognize the value of the labor which our systems of exchange have generated? Do they not grasp the value of the fraternity which has arisen between the leaders of our nations, who once regarded one another with suspicion and anger? Do they not see the peace which our alliance has wrought in the vast regions of the world which once were gripped by the perpetual gaze of doom? If they do not, then why do they not? Why do they oppose the goodwill and humanity which our alliance brings to fruition? Why do they stand so opposed, in their backwards systems of subversion and feudalism, to the growth of prosperity and stability around the world? Why, my friends? Why? I will tell you. I will tell you why it is, I believe, why they fail to the see, or to respect the value of our message. It is because they are fearful. They are fearful of a world which threatens, not only as a matter of perception but of strict, harsh reality, to leave them behind. They are afraid, my friends, of what they see – or fail to see – in themselves when they reflect upon the growth which we, and our great alliance, has wrought within our ever-dying world. They fear that they may never benefit from that which we have created. And so, compelled by a sense of resentment which arises on the basis of this pervasive fear, they act out. They seek to disrupt our trade and our system of open borders, to undermine our relationships, and then to strike with the burning sickles of war wherever there may sprout the crop of love and friendship. This is how their fear compels them to act. In this way they sow destruction.

Our alliance is strong, my friends. Our alliance is the strongest alliance in the history of the world. It is supported not by our words or actions here within the Policon, aboard this grand vessel, but by all 175 million people, and more, who awake every morning recognizing, knowing, and believing in the true value of the bonds which are shared between our nations. These people will not stand for the destruction of the systems which provide and promote their livelihoods. They will seek to support their wages and the employment provided by our companies. They will seek to retain access to the goods which are offered on our markets. They will seek these things in spite of any threats which might be espoused against them. They will seek them because they are wise. They are able to recognize, and to truly desire goodness. Because of this, they will uphold the institutions which we have laid before them.

To this end, my friends, there is but one truth which is self-evident. We, as the Policon, must adopt whatever policies and practices are fundamentally in line with the support of the people who benefit from the institutions which we collectively govern. Because we represent a people who are wise, we must seek to be wise ourselves. If it is the case that our wisdom reveals the need to bring our enemies to peace, then so must we act in a manner befitting war. Let us then, my fellow members of the Policon, act on the basis of wisdom. With this said, I invite the representatives from Jingdao to guide us in this matter.”

*Closes his eyes and bows his head before retaking his seat.*

OOC: Passio-Corum is prepared to provide support as the war expands. USSO Joint Command is, furthermore, prepared to be mobilized for whatever might require it.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Re: [Call to arms] Protection of the Brettish

Post by Jonas »

*Cheers arise from the other representatives. A bunch of news reporters nod enthusiastically, while the cameras send the footage live to the televisions of the citizens of the Union.*
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Return to “Political Consultative Committee”