June 2017 Summit

The Political Consultative Committee, which acts as the headquarters of the USSO is located in Daocheng. Here the representatives of the USSO member states assemble to discuss their next step in accomplishing world domination.
Gerenia

Re: June 2017 Summit

Post by Gerenia »

Gerenia votes for Kan Zen, in the hope that she has the experience and personality that a Chairman of the USSO must have.
Ger*
President of the Republic of Gerenia, 2012-2017 (as Gerald Ruze)

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

While we're happy that the honourable zhu Tuân Quân has led our Union through its first babysteps, we believe that zhu Kan Zen will take a more proactive lead, which we need at this moment.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

With the weekend behind (all of) us we can now draw this vote to a close, and begin to press forward with the agenda. The Crown of Passio-Corum thanks the Policon for its support, and will issue a formal statement later. Until then, let us begin with a broad discussion of the amended treaty which has been proposed by the representative from Jingdao, which can be found here.

Gerenia

Post by Gerenia »

The Republic of Gerenia has no proposals for modification of the Treaty other than the one suggested in past days.
Ger*

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

The Florian Republic votes in favour of Mr Quân.
The Florian Republic has no plans for modification of the treaty.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Let us leave this discussion open until Friday night CST, so that we may vote on the proposed treaty over the span of the weekend.

For my part, I would like to have a conversation about the Joint Command, as outlined by Article 14 of the proposed treaty. As I understand it, this command would be constituted by a portion of the total forces derived from our investments in the Common Market. So, the size of the force would equal the combined sum of X% of of each our respective investments in companies like the Shirley Stock Fund, Sokoku Industries, MBN, etc. The size of the force, with that in mind, could be adjusted at the discretion of the Defense Commisar, as the need arises.

To put it another way, the size of the joint command force will = (X% * PASINV) + (X% * JININV) + (X% * GERINV), where X can be adjusted by the Commissar of Union Defence & Security, perhaps with or without the immediate authorization of the PoliCon. Does this sound reasonable.?

Gerenia

Post by Gerenia »

It seems good, although I will need to compare numbers (unadjusted vs adjusted). Just as well I have a calculator close at hand...
Ger*

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Zibertian Kind wrote:Let us leave this discussion open until Friday night CST, so that we may vote on the proposed treaty over the span of the weekend.
Apologies for being less involved in this discussion; the World Cup really fills my schedule! I'm happy with the above approach and would like to raise a point regarding article 2.3 of the draft treaty. Would it be wise to perhaps set certain protocol to be followed for members to leave the USSO, so that all parties feel minimal affect should a nation decide to do so?
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

To put it another way, the size of the joint command force will = (X% * PASINV) + (X% * JININV) + (X% * GERINV), where X can be adjusted by the Commissar of Union Defence & Security, perhaps with or without the immediate authorization of the PoliCon. Does this sound reasonable.?
What exactly does the PASINV, etc. mean? Investment?

Craitman wrote:
Zibertian Kind wrote:Let us leave this discussion open until Friday night CST, so that we may vote on the proposed treaty over the span of the weekend.
Apologies for being less involved in this discussion; the World Cup really fills my schedule! I'm happy with the above approach and would like to raise a point regarding article 2.3 of the draft treaty. Would it be wise to perhaps set certain protocol to be followed for members to leave the USSO, so that all parties feel minimal affect should a nation decide to do so?
You certainly have a point there. Any proposal of what to add?
Important characters:

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Jonas wrote:You certainly have a point there. Any proposal of what to add?
Perhaps a set turnaround time in which to suitably reallocate any investments and powers held in the Market Place and joint command specifically. I'd also say agreeing further non-aggression treaties post-leaving, but that's neither integral to the USSO's internal workings nor particularly enforceable, so should be omitted...
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Jonas wrote:
What exactly does the PASINV, etc. mean? Investment?
Passio-Corum Investments. It's just shorthand so I don't have to write out "Passio-Corum's Investments, Jingdao's Investments, etc..."

Craitman wrote:
No worries, Craitman. I've been completely preoccupied with the game I'm working on. Haven't even run my monthly update for the Pallisican economy.

Regarding your question, I'd say that yes, it would be wise to formalize such procedure. In my view, the process for leaving would mostly entail the liquidation investments on the Common Market. The nation leaving the market would be expected/required to sell off its shares in other nation's companies, and those other nations would liquidate their investments in the nation that is leaving. The process of leaving the alliance, in other words, would mostly relate to that nation's engagement on the market, where the nation leaving would be removed from the market. Nations not involved in the market would obviously not go through this process.

Edit: Just realized I overlooked your last comment.
Craitman wrote:
Jonas wrote:You certainly have a point there. Any proposal of what to add?
Perhaps a set turnaround time in which to suitably reallocate any investments and powers held in the Market Place and joint command specifically. I'd also say agreeing further non-aggression treaties post-leaving, but that's neither integral to the USSO's internal workings nor particularly enforceable, so should be omitted...
Agreed on all counts.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

If there is no further discussion then let us spend the next three or four days voting on the proposed treaty.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Shouldn't an amendment with details about leaving be added? (Like proposed by our Craitgod)
Important characters:

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Ah, yes it should! Perhaps we can do that today.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Be my guest... :mrgreen:
Important characters:

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

I have made the proper changes to Article 2. It might be a bit wordy as I've written it. Feel free to edit it down so it's more digestible.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Added a one week notice.
Important characters:

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

I have addressed my ideas on discord.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

If we are satisfied with our discussions, and with the changes which have been made to the treaty, then I now open the vote.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Jingdao votes YAO.
Important characters:

Return to “Political Consultative Committee”