Social Democratic Progressive Party (SDPP) of Pallisican

The Administrative Compound of the Greater Pallisican Trade Association serves as headquarter of the nation of Passio-Corum.

Moderator: Zibertian Kind

Markus Doltrue
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Social Democratic Progressive Party (SDPP) of Pallisican

Post by Markus Doltrue »

I would like to register a satellite party of the Calbionish SDPP for Pallisca. It may be expanded to other nations as well.

I hereby request to register the SDPP:

Social Democratic Progressive Party (SDPP) Platform:

1) Universal paid for health care for all Pallisicans
2) Universal paid for college education for all Pallisicans
3) Creation of an Equality and Social Justice Council (ESJC) committed to ensuring ethnic, gender, and religious diversity in Pallisica
4) Massive public works projects to promote social unity, welfare, and progress
5) Freedom of speech, religion, and press
6) Universal basic income
7) Hosting a Micras Peace Summit to promote peace on the planet Micras and the ultimate elimination of all war through increased diplomatic efforts

Signed,

Markus Doltrue

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Re: Social Democratic Progressive Party (SDPP) of Pallisican

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Sir,

While Passio-Corum welcomes the addition of new political parties to the Houses of Corum, all political parties must be established by recognized citizens of the nation, without exception. Similar to the response issued by Gerenia to the same request made in their own nation, I would also like to inform you that almost all of your platform proposals are already essentially satisfied by existing policies and institutions within Passio-Corum.

1) Paid health care is universally available to all Pallisicans who are in immediate or urgent need of such care via the services provided by the Medical College of Cannassas.
2) Paid college education is universally available to all Pallisicans who are actively enrolled in any number of programs at the University of Port Brent.
3) While there is no such formal council as you've described, there are already political parties who explicitly work to the mentioned goals. Most notable among them is the Solidarity Party.
4) Given the nature of the role of Regional Investors as public institutions which represent the major will of the people they represent, it could reasonably be argued that public works projects are in fact already the basis of the entire Pallisican economy. Regional Investors as they currently exist can be understood as funds for public works. Their investments contribute to the development and preservation of public goods and assets.
5) Such things are already explicitly protected by the nation's constitution.
6) Universal basic income is already available to every single citizen of Passio-Corum in the form of goods and services, rather than hard currency. Every single citizen, all ~35 million, is entitled to goods and services which can be acquired via the investments of the Regional Investors. With that said, the average citizen of Passio-Corum is entitled to around 638 pounds of food per quarter. The nation's poorest citizens - those who enjoy the lowest rates of employment as a result of a range of circumstances - are entitled on average to over 1,200 pounds. This system of universal basic income - or universal basic provisions as they might better be termed - is in fact the pride and joy of Passio-Corum. It is the ability of the nation to provide for the needs of every single one of its citizens which defines the nation's very identity.
7) It is the position of Passio-Corum that the only remedy to war and conflict is commerce and the free exchange of goods and ideas. It is upon this basis that Passio-Corum regards the USSO as a beacon of peace and friendship, whose example can guide the world into an era of true peace. Those who support the principles of peace, trust, and collective community-oriented progress should support the USSO, especially as an increasing number of nations turn their back on the ideas of progress by allying themselves with the backwards empires of the old world.

With my sincerest regards, I hope that this might help you to understand why Passio-Corum is not currently willing to recognize your party as a member of the Houses of Corum. If nothing else, I hope that if you are sincerely interested in engaging with the Pallisican political process, you might use this response to refine your platform, and that at a later date we may carry this conversation forward.

Markus Doltrue
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Markus Doltrue »

Zibertian Kind wrote:Sir,

While Passio-Corum welcomes the addition of new political parties to the Houses of Corum, all political parties must be established by recognized citizens of the nation, without exception. Similar to the response issued by Gerenia to the same request made in their own nation, I would also like to inform you that almost all of your platform proposals are already essentially satisfied by existing policies and institutions within Passio-Corum.

1) Paid health care is universally available to all Pallisicans who are in immediate or urgent need of such care via the services provided by the Medical College of Cannassas.
2) Paid college education is universally available to all Pallisicans who are actively enrolled in any number of programs at the University of Port Brent.
3) While there is no such formal council as you've described, there are already political parties who explicitly work to the mentioned goals. Most notable among them is the Solidarity Party.
4) Given the nature of the role of Regional Investors as public institutions which represent the major will of the people they represent, it could reasonably be argued that public works projects are in fact already the basis of the entire Pallisican economy. Regional Investors as they currently exist can be understood as funds for public works. Their investments contribute to the development and preservation of public goods and assets.
5) Such things are already explicitly protected by the nation's constitution.
6) Universal basic income is already available to every single citizen of Passio-Corum in the form of goods and services, rather than hard currency. Every single citizen, all ~35 million, is entitled to goods and services which can be acquired via the investments of the Regional Investors. With that said, the average citizen of Passio-Corum is entitled to around 638 pounds of food per quarter. The nation's poorest citizens - those who enjoy the lowest rates of employment as a result of a range of circumstances - are entitled on average to over 1,200 pounds. This system of universal basic income - or universal basic provisions as they might better be termed - is in fact the pride and joy of Passio-Corum. It is the ability of the nation to provide for the needs of every single one of its citizens which defines the nation's very identity.
7) It is the position of Passio-Corum that the only remedy to war and conflict is commerce and the free exchange of goods and ideas. It is upon this basis that Passio-Corum regards the USSO as a beacon of peace and friendship, whose example can guide the world into an era of true peace. Those who support the principles of peace, trust, and collective community-oriented progress should support the USSO, especially as an increasing number of nations turn their back on the ideas of progress by allying themselves with the backwards empires of the old world.

With my sincerest regards, I hope that this might help you to understand why Passio-Corum is not currently willing to recognize your party as a member of the Houses of Corum. If nothing else, I hope that if you are sincerely interested in engaging with the Pallisican political process, you might use this response to refine your platform, and that at a later date we may carry this conversation forward.
As I read the above, it seems Passio-Corum is already aligned with the objectives of the SDPP. Therefore, the SDPP does not necessarily need to form in Passio-Corum if its citizens are already content with what they have. I hereby confer a "Diamond Badge of Progress" upon Passio-Corum for meeting all 7 objectives. (Platinum=6,Gold=5,Silver=4, Bronze=3.)

In the interest of Micran solidarity, would the party you mention be interested in sending a representative to a Micran Progressive Summit that we plan to organize shortly?

Also, would Passio-Corum be interested in serving as the First Annual host of the Micran Summit?

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

As Passio-Corum is preparing for the upcoming USSO convention, it is unlikely that the nation would be interested in hosting such a summit. Should another nation express interest in hosting however, I am sure that the Solidarity Party would be happy to send a representative.

Markus Doltrue
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Markus Doltrue »

Passio-Corum is commended for being one of the oldest and most comprehensive supporters of our efforts.

Return to “Administrative Compound of the Greater Pallisican Trade Association”