(Minarboria) A Modest Proposal

The Administrative Compound of the Greater Pallisican Trade Association serves as headquarter of the nation of Passio-Corum.

Moderator: Zibertian Kind

Royana Dolordotch

(Minarboria) A Modest Proposal

Post by Royana Dolordotch »

Springrise 14th, 1366 AF
35.24 PSSC

To the Pallisican peripheries of the Eastern Seas and to the Office of the Supreme Arbiter, the Shrubbery of the Lord Regent to Her Imperial Jolliness the Empress Lyssansa extends the most jolly rustlings of greeting!

The Realm of Passio-Corum will doubtless be aware that since 35.02 PSSC the Empire of Minarboria, long befuddled by Passio-Corum's claim of extraterritorial tax jurisdiction over the international waters of the Sea of Storms, has been undertaking an informal programme of informational assistance to the Imperial Shirerithian Navy involving the tracking of Passio-Corum's naval assets by Minarborian submarines, such that the ISN are better able to circumvent - or if necessary directly counter - attempts by Passio-Corum to enforce its claim.

However, in light of the recent escalation of tensions between the SANE and USSO alliances, the Shrubbery observes that the continuation of this arrangement now threatens to compromise Minarborian neutrality to the detriment of both our realms.

The Shrubbery further observes that if Minarborian shipping in international waters (interpreted by the Shrubbery to be those waters further than 24 kilometres from the coastline of a sovereign power) were to be officially exempted from all attempts at interrogation, obstruction, search, seizure, tithe or levy by the Realm of Passio-Corum or its subject affiliates - as afforded to other regional powers by decree of the late lamented Crown Amor in 35.01 PSSC - the dissemination of Passio-Corum's shipping movements to its geopolitical adversaries would no longer be appropriate and the Shrubbery would be willing to bring such activity to a natural close, thereby enhancing both Minarborian neutrality and the operational security of Passio-Corum's nautical formations.

Should the Supreme Arbiter be in a position to momentarily divert her attention from the Haifan Question and offer a response to the above proposal, the Shrubbery would be much obliged and jollified.

In pectoral buoyancy,

V I V A T + F R U T E X
R.S.D.D.
M O R I A T + I M P E R A T R I X
V I V A T + R E G E N S
Royana Dolordotch
Third State Arborist of the Empire of Minarboria

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Re: (Minarboria) A Modest Proposal

Post by Zibertian Kind »

To the representative of Minarboria,

The Greater Pallisican Trade Association is happy to fulfill your request for exemption. With that said, Supreme Arbiter Chelkra Teada has issued a decree which extends the rights of free passage to all Minarborian ships, such that your vessels are now entitled to the same treatment, or lack thereof, as are those vessels representing Constancia or the various nations of the USSO.

It is the hope of Supreme Arbiter Teada that her decree proves satisfactory. If not, the Council of Courts would be willing to make other arrangements which are more conducive to preserving the existing peace between our nations.

In a spirit of friendship,
Zibertian Kind
Pallisican Ambassador to the Bastion Union

Royana Dolordotch

Post by Royana Dolordotch »

Springrise 15th, 1367 AF
35.25 PSSC

Your Excellency,

The compliments of the Shrubbery go to the Supreme Arbiter and the Council of Courts for this wholesome development. The Empire of Minarboria has never wished to see the Greater Pallisican Trade Association through adversarial eyes, preferring instead the path of civil neighbourliness which is conveyed in Your Excellency's admirable tone. Be assured that this news will infuse the Shrubbery with the greatest gift one can possibly bestow upon another - the gift of jollity - and the Empire of Minarboria can ask nothing more than that.

It is my pleasure to announce that Minarboria's programme of naval intelligence leakage against Passio-Corum has been discontinued. Minarborian naval forces will now scale back their monitoring of the GPTA's maritime assets and concentrate on the security of the sea lanes off Eastern Keltia, in which our realms have a common interest.

Please accept, once more, assurances of the Shrubbery's highest and most jolly consideration.

With rictus smiles,

V I V A T + F R U T E X
R.S.D.D.
M O R I A T + I M P E R A T R I X
V I V A T + R E G E N S
Royana Dolordotch
Third State Arborist of the Empire of Minarboria

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Representative Dolordotch,

The Council of Courts wishes to convey its appreciation for Minarboria's approach to this issue. It is gratifying to know that even during turbulent times, nations such as ours, who share much in common despite our relative lack of interaction, may resolve such issues peacefully, diplomatically, and in a spirit of trust and friendship. It is the hope of the Council that our agreement on this matter may, in due time, serve as the basis for other agreements which will further contribute to the good will which exists between our nations.

As always,
Zibertian Kind

Return to “Administrative Compound of the Greater Pallisican Trade Association”