Welcoming Back Ilt Vorgensen to Langeways

The Lange family's former estate, used for archive storage of an Ergonian nature.

Moderators: (Craitland) Difficult persons, (Craitland) King of Craitland

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Welcoming Back Ilt Vorgensen to Langeways

Post by Thadeus Laing »

"Thadeus, we meet again," said Ilt Vorgensen as he entered the parlor of Langeways.
"Yes, please sit down and have a glass of rice wine," said Thadeus.
"Is it Jingdaoese rice wine?" asked Ilt Vorgensen.
"No, of course not! It is from Gerenia. An associate of mine sent some to me," said Thadeus.
"Very well," said Ilt, sipping some of the wine from the glass.

"I come to seek your support in Ergonian independence and to suggest that the Laings look for a new home outside of the USSO," said Ilt.
"The first I can help you with. The second, I cannot. We are at home here in the USSO," said Thadeus.
"How can you be at home in an alliance headed by a nation which is now being torn into shreds by Shireroth," said Ilt.
"Our leader, King Craitman, is stronger than Jingdao or the alliance," said Thadeus. "Our loyalty is to him and not Jingdao. Always was the case."
"Okay," said Ilt, sipping some more wine.

"What about the Quantum Bomb?" asked Ilt. "Do you fear it will fall into the wrong hands?"
"Kelii allowed it to fall into Jingdaoese hands. However the Ergonians mostly escaped--the others
took cyanide pills. No Jingdao person other than Admiral Shinjong knew how the quantum tech worked," replied Thadeus.
"The technology is safe for now," he continued.

EDIT: Changed storyline slightly to make it more consistent with some prior statements.

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Re: Welcoming Back Ilt Vorgensen to Langeways

Post by Yulodion E'nothwocep »

Ilt Vorgensen was now back in Fort Ergonc.

Lieutenant Tal-Gon entered the main tent and dropped a canvas bag onto the table at which Commander Ilt was seated. It was the air mail drop bag. It arrived every two days with mail from Natopia and Alexandria's far eastern territories.

Ilt then sorted through the letters in the mail bag. There were no letters from Thadeus Laing. Therefore, no word of shipments of food. No word of shipments of supplies. Ilt had been counting on Thadeus' support, financial and otherwise, after he was released from solitary confinement, in order to get Fort Ergonc back on the right track.

"Sir," said Lieutenant Tal-Gon, "I am very sorry to tell you this, Sir. But the captain in charge of the mess hall is telling me that our food won't last another week, the head nurse is telling me that she's nearly run out of antibiotics and bandages, and Sergeant Jakhoel is yelling about being too low on rounds. They all wanted me to tell you."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. I am brainstorming a solution to this problem," said Commander Ilt.

After the Lieutenant left the tent, and Commander Ilt was alone except for his personal assistant, Luusii Neuberg, he screamed out in his loudest voice. Fort Ergonc was not receiving the support it needed. Thadeus was also no longer in communication. He was not sure if he could brainstorm his way out of this predicament so easily.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Meanwhile, back at Langeways, Thadeus Laing was on the phone with Artur Helberger, his art and collectibles buyer. Oblivious to the suffering of Fort Ergonc, he was at it again, spending money on one of his lavish buying sprees.

"Yes, I would like to order the two platinum encrusted Baberge Eggs, Artur," said Thadeus.
"In addition, I would like to purchase the Bicasso for the living room,' he continued.
"Okay, okay, it's not for the living room! Big surprise, don't tell anyone. We're adding a new wing. It shall partially overhang cliffs above the city. Gotta have it for the parties!"
"Yes, I will send you the money. Do you accept gold coins? I have plenty!"

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Just in the nick of time, a Shirerithian Countess came to the rescue of the rebels at Fort Ergonc, who had been dangerously running low on supplies:

http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 50#p152350

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Ilt watched as 20 tanks, a crate of gold bars, and a team of advisors arrived by armed convoy from the landing site and the repurposed docks at old Fort Leuca.

The Countess had been generous indeed.

"Team, I want you to set up perimeters around the Fort Kihv and Fort Leuca sites. Now commences Phase II," said Ilt Vorgensen to the gathered members of his forces.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Thadeus received a phone call from one of his contacts with the Ergonians. His voice sounded urgent.

"Thadeus, Commander Ilt sounded like he threatened to invade Xang Muang!" exclaimed Artur.

"What?" asked Thadeus with much surprise.

"Yes, he said it in front of the Shirerithian delegation, much to their pleasure, of course!" replied the contact.

"Something must be done about Ilt. I request Kelii be placed back in charge. Good day.," responded Thadeus.

Thadeus slammed the phone down. Then he immediately phoned The Office of the King and Lord Mayor Wil.
He told the courtier who answered in the Ministry of State that he was very sorry but the Ergonians seemed to
be falling under the influence of Shireroth. He said that there may be a need to conduct an extraction and
re-secure the colony. Then he phoned Kelii's former bodyguard and advisory Jack.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

He and Jack were about to discuss plans to push Ilt Vorgensen from power. But before he had
finished dialing Jack, he heard the news on the radio that Ilt Vorgensen had perished
in a terrible accident:

http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 84#p152384

It was a terrible accident. Thadeus was quite heartbroken, even thought Ilt
and he may have been opposed to each other quite often. He cried for a
few moments. Ilt had been a good friend.

Morbid as this event was, though, and as he fought back tears, Thadeus now knew
that the absence of Ilt as Commander meant it would be far easier for
Kelii Ka'aarve and her supporters to rescue the colony from Shirerithian domination
and certain doom.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Her clothes still sullied and her hair unwashed due to her time in solitary, Kelii K'aarve nonetheless moved with triumphant authority through the encampment.

Though it had been humiliating for her as a member of royalty to suffer so, she had now experienced firsthand the suffering and deprivation of her people. She was now, more than ever, an Ergonian. She gave a short speech in front of the crowd, many of whom had gathered before Ilt Vorgensen not long ago.

"Listen. I know we've been through a lot. Commander Ilt was my sworn enemy, but let us not forget that he too was an Ergonian. Phase II will not commence. We are abandoning our alliance with Shireroth and Alexandria. I hereby announce the Pro Jingdaoese Ergonian Freedom Movement (PJEFM). I shall serve as your Commander and leader. We will be re-aligning with the USSO organization and Thadeus Laing has promised to assist us. We will also keep all the gold and supplies the Shirerithian Countess gave us.

I also have a plan to create a trading colonies on the eastern shore of Keltia and centered around Fort Leuca. We may have to enlist the assistance of a larger nation, perhaps Jingdao or Craitland to assist us in this lofty endeavor."

The crowd cheered and gave much applause.

"Thank you my wonderful peeps!" exclaimed Kelii.

Return to “Langeways, Here We Come”