Journal of Laqi Hyrrion, Legatus Imperii

The Dietsland Free State is a small autonomous territory centered on the city of Davignon, and is a small enclave of Batavers.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Laqi Hyrrion

Journal of Laqi Hyrrion, Legatus Imperii

Post by Laqi Hyrrion »

[spoiler]Jack, if you have Joachim claim that your inside source has passed him this, I will have your characters unceremoniously flayed alive =p[/spoiler]

Restricted - Imperial Army

21 Qinamu 1642,

Briefing given to Dietsland Expeditionary Force regimental commanders:

Reports have come in of an ambush on a contubernium patrol out of the Millennium Camp not far from Davignon. Sounds like they were a detachment from the 61st Regiment's 3rd Troop. By that reckoning, undoubtedly the very same Decurion who was sneering at me a few weeks back. Tempting to say that it serves the bastard right, but with five dead, three missing, one land rover destroyed, another vehicle stolen along with a quantity of small arms and ammunition, an appropriate level of concern is warranted. The contubernium had been cooperating with a group of seven or so Bataver militiamen on the payroll of the Dietsland Free State. It would seem two of their motorbikes have been stolen into the bargain. I expect their commander will want compensation.

The natural presumption is that this is the work of the Siseran faction. However, the fact that it occurred inside Davignon and seems to have been carried off with efficiency (witness reports suggest that the ambushed party did not fire off a single shot in return), certainly more than one would expect from slaughter-enthused cultists, leads to the suspicion that there may have been another force at work here.

I do hope that there is not some bored gaggle of local hotheads, organising themselves out there with a view to causing trouble. Were that the case, this could get tiresome very quickly. The hope must remain that this is an isolated incident and not the prelude to something.

It would however be better not to be complacent. The Millennium regimental camp has been placed on alert and ordered to implement vehicle and identity checks on all returning patrols. Likewise I expect all encampments to redouble their patrolling efforts and to strengthen their outer perimeter defences. Heavy machine-guns and anti-tank weapons are to be emplaced on the inner perimeter and covering the chicane barrier approaches to the gates and the main supply depots. Depending on how ambitious and organised this opponent may be, we can expect a vehicle borne attack and must make preparations for it. Keep at least one troop of your strength back for launching a counter-attack in the event that you are hit. We have the advantage of firepower and numbers and must use this to off-set our enemy's advantage in retaining the initiative of being able to chose when and where to strike

Whoever took those men captive will have to resurface soon, either to strike again or else to make demands. As soon as they do, we must be in a position to strike back ourselves.

Seeing as intelligence-led counter-terrorism operations are rather outside the purview of mechanised infantry, I have been obliged to request the assistance of S.W.O.R.D. and the Mango Rangers. The signal was put through to Shirekeep as a priority this morning. Factoring whatever turnaround time is involved in locating the Kaiser and the MinInt, it may be a few days before a response is received.

In the meantime I expect you to impress upon all subordinates within your respective commands the need for suspicion and vigilance, particularly when it comes to the collaborating local authorities.

Restricted - Imperial Army
Last edited by Laqi Hyrrion on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laqi Hyrrion (dec'd)

[Legatus Imperii | Ambassador to Minarboria | Employee 1634-902 of the ESB-Jörmungandr Group]

Laqi Hyrrion

Re: Journal of Laqi Hyrrion, Legatus Legionis

Post by Laqi Hyrrion »

So, in response to my urgent appeal for assistance - I have been promoted twice and the legion has been reclassified as a division. None of which exactly helps with my immediate problem. To cap it all, I have now been forced into a higher tax bracket.

Clock is broken, and the calendar app is counting backwards. Could be temporal haemorrhaging or it could be whatever it is that's buggered up the wiring of the Liches. A cause for concern either way. The thought of crumbling to dust is distinctly unappealing, not when there is so much left for me to eat off my plate.
Laqi Hyrrion (dec'd)

[Legatus Imperii | Ambassador to Minarboria | Employee 1634-902 of the ESB-Jörmungandr Group]

Return to “Dietsland”