Shirekeep Redevelopment Scratchpad

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Re: Shirekeep Redevelopment Scratchpad

Post by Ryker »

I think it sounds more regal.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

Are entheogens a common practice for religious hierarchy in Stormark?

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Yfirstormarksgythia

Post by Yfirstormarksgythia »

Mira Octavius-Aryani wrote:Are entheogens a common practice for religious hierarchy in Stormark?
This Storish Priestess wishes to convey that that is not the case.
Sigrdrífa the Priestess of the House of Vanadís
Ærkejarla of Thingeyri and the Idunn Isles
Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple

Storish Ambassador to the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation,and the Kingdom of Craitland.

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Shyriath: I'd like to request an Antican temple complex located somewhere in the center of wherever you decide to locate a strongly-Antican neighborhood.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Post by Seoni Milharna »

Hopefully it's well-stocked with copies of Diplomacy.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Might I suggest the Metrotheon or something of the like? It would be a huge temple of temples dedicated to all deities of Micras ever. I have the first-world problem of possessing to much money/to many resources and the laborers in Kingsgate are becoming less and less of a necessity in their current numbers so Suthergold would happily provide the means to its construction and maintenance.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Mira Octavius-Aryani

I was imagining something along those lines on a smaller scale for my above request: a temple complex possessing several different parts, each section for the purposes of attending to the spiritual needs of the different religions held by Antican Shirerithians. Sort of like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_All_Religions

Having such a structure for all religious traditions within Shireroth in one place would be dauntingly large, plus many different temples already exist.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

By the way, Chris, do you remember my plan for the design of the Agora in Nafticon? The three-sided pediment thing with each side representing a period of Antica's history - dinarchy, republic, commonwealth. (Don't mention the flash of monarchy and other republics!) I've decided in my head that it was shipped to Sant Mateu at some point so it'll be described further soon.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Eggselent.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Ryker wrote:Might I suggest the Metrotheon or something of the like? It would be a huge temple of temples dedicated to all deities of Micras ever.
Mira Octavius-Aryani wrote:Having such a structure for all religious traditions within Shireroth in one place would be dauntingly large, plus many different temples already exist.
Welp, that's approximately the idea behind the Multi-Temple, except that it doesn't include Cedrism. So as as far as ecumenical temples go, we're pretty well covered as is, unless we want to assume it was a casualty of the Crisis.

Whether or not that's the case, though, I can add an Antican temple complex as well.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

You seem to be thinking 2-dimensionally. Let us not forget that the Tunnels or some other subterranean complex could expand to have more than enough room for such a structure. And while we're at it, why not dig out an entire underground sub-city beneath Shirekeep?
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Kaiser Mo'll I

Post by Kaiser Mo'll I »

Ryker wrote:You seem to be thinking 2-dimensionally. Let us not forget that the Tunnels or some other subterranean complex could expand to have more than enough room for such a structure. And while we're at it, why not dig out an entire underground sub-city beneath Shirekeep?
Already happening...

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Which reminds me, I have to get the ball rolling on some things related to that.
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

Prefect,

I would value your thoughts. Following on from your invaluable work with the network of roads, I feel we must turn our attention to the wider issue of redevelopment in terms of establishing the districts, support infrastructure and notable buildings of the city. To me it would make sense to begin working from South to North, that is from Raynor's Keep to the Landsraad and then finally to the wall, and then from east to west.

Do you concur in this assessment?

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

I haven't been the Prefect in some time, Your Niftiness. :geek: That said, doing it that way devotes attention first to the core of the city, which you could argue is the proper way to go about it; but, on the other hand, you run the risk that should the redevelopment plan fizzle out as previous ones have, the westernmost reaches will suffer the most from it.

Kaiser Dominus

Post by Kaiser Dominus »

Shyriath wrote:I haven't been the Prefect in some time, Your Niftiness. :geek: That said, doing it that way devotes attention first to the core of the city, which you could argue is the proper way to go about it; but, on the other hand, you run the risk that should the redevelopment plan fizzle out as previous ones have, the westernmost reaches will suffer the most from it.
I know. I appointed your replacement, whom I was addressing. Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused by returning to an old thread.

In the event that the redevelopment stalls, as cannot be ruled out, we will at least have succeeded in developing the government districts and the commercial waterfront. The rest of the city would remain plebeian slum residences until their turn comes around.

Audun Joel

Post by Audun Joel »

Kaiser Dominus wrote:Prefect,

I would value your thoughts. Following on from your invaluable work with the network of roads, I feel we must turn our attention to the wider issue of redevelopment in terms of establishing the districts, support infrastructure and notable buildings of the city. To me it would make sense to begin working from South to North, that is from Raynor's Keep to the Landsraad and then finally to the wall, and then from east to west.

Do you concur in this assessment?
Your Niftiness,

Your idea makes good sense, that was the approach we took in the road repair projects. During the work to rebuild and repair the roads, a great deal of the properties that were heaps of rubble and trash along the roads were seized as their owners or proprietors could not be found. Those who own properties that are nothing but rubble or have unsightly structures of no meaningful value may be eligible to receive incentives from the city government to redevelop their properties or repair them. We are in the process of evaluating our policy of eminent domain. Our thought on the matter is that private property can only be seized by the Redevelopment Commission if we're ready to give the owner of the property compensation slightly above market value.
Audun Joel Hallbjörns- og Esthersson
of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja

Prince and Llængjarl of Elwynn
Count of Araxion, of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles, Elwynn
Count of Elsyran, Goldshire
Formerly Kaiser Hjalmar Redquill

Return to “Shirekeep Reconstruction Commission”