The Proposal

Moderators: Kyle Kilynn, (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Kyle Kilynn

The Proposal

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

Asara had been spending many weekends with Kyle in Marmont. The equatorial climate agreed with Asara much better than Walstadt, where she had been attending to the Western Conference for many months. Kyle had been courting Asara ever since laying eyes on her at her birthday party.

Kyle was in love with Asara, he had only her on his mind. He had spoken to the Emperor, Asara's father, to gain permission to court her. The Emperor waited several weeks before even responding. And even then it was begrudging. There was something the Emperor was not telling him, and had he been not lovestruck, Kyle would have been more concerned. But, to a man in love, a yes was a yes, and Kyle began courting Asara.

"Asara, my dear, you know my intentions... why do you insist on waiting?"

"My father, when he gave you permission to court me, he spoke to me. He spoke to me of my mother, and told me she died in childbirth. I had known this before, but the way he said it, the sorrow in his eyes, made it seem like I was also destined to die in childbirth. And yet, I yearn to be with you, knowing the risk. Feeling a great impending darkness. I try to think of a future with our family, yet I cannot envision one. I went home to Tassity, spoke to some relatives, read the scrolls in the hall of records. All of my maternal ancestors died at childbirth. I do not know why or how. But they left their wills in public record saying that when they first saw their intended mate, they saw visions of a perfect future. They heard voices commanding them to procreate.

I find the idea abhorrent. Sexist, and degrading, that my ancestors were used merely to carry on the immortal soul of St. Taznim. I feel no power from her in me. And I hear no voices commanding me to carry your child."

Kyle's eyes looked down at his feet, "I, I do not know what to say, I will take leave if you do not want me anymore."

"No! My dearest, lovely Kyle. I intend to break this 'curse'. My mother and grandmothers were all used for some goal. I do not intend to wait around to be told by voices to procreate with some man in order to carry a child who will kill me. I will choose the man I love! And I love you Kyle! I will take you as my groom! Will you take me as your wife!?"

Kyle, utterly shocked at being beaten to the question, was only able to whisper, "Yes!" before fully realizing what just happened.

"I'll tell my father at once! He will want to prepare for a wedding... an Imperial Wedding!"
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Re: The Proposal

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

:yay: :madviking: :Jadie:
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

House Meir

Re: The Proposal

Post by House Meir »

Yay!!! :-D
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia
(until Feb. 3, 2019) Chancellor Benjamin Meir, Count of Frenzyville
(after Feb. 3, 2019) Maria Meir, Countess of Frenzyville

Return to “House Kilynn”