A short retreat from reality

Dedicated to protecting the Empire and spreading the word of Bous.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

A short retreat from reality

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

It had been... how many... 3? 5? 11! years since Zakyyr last set foot on the Princely Isle, since he heard his destiny from Bous himself - ah, what wonderful times those were! He was still a (much) younger lad, a Marquise being given full control on how he wants to elevate the Crown Duchy into the Royal Tsardom and... and Asara was alive! It now felt as if all wisdom and order of things had gone with her. His life had changed so much, he had himself changed so much.

Zakyyr was only 22 yet it felt like his life reached and passed its apogee. His one task as Emperor was to secure the Empire and ensure that no future Emperor or Empress after Asara suffers personally from the evil creatures around the world, yet it was only a few months since Zakyyr's abdication that Asara's son had been kidnapped from Vista de Nada. He had more or less lost his sister, and perhaps broken his relationship with his parents. What had gone so terribly wrong, when all Zakyyr wanted is to secure and protect the Empire and rule it with a true leader's iron fist?

The Tsar needed time - to think and find the answers of these questions, or otherwise he risked losing the battle against his own sense of self-doubt.

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

Re: A short retreat from reality

The Tsar was happy to meet his half-brother Gwyn, who served as Grand Knight of the Order of the Wardens of the East (effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the Princely Isle), having forgotten the political differences which divided them so many years ago. It was also nice to observe how the Princely Isle had grown and changed - culturally since the enactment of the Treaty of Perpetual Coordination and Administration of the Princely Isle and also in terms of its mighty military - thanks to heavy funding.

Gwyn had somehow managed to take the Princely Isle into the 17th or maybe even 18th century, yet also capture the religious and cultural ties with Athlon. A fine balance of modernity and tradition, peaceful culture and military power. "We are absolutely fascinated" Zakyyr told his brother.

"Last time when you came, Zak, I asked you to visit the Cathedral of the Wardens, and as far as I know it had a huge impact on you. [pause] Do you want to go and seek Bous' judgement again?"

"Maybe."

"I think you should. Now please excuse me, little brother, I have missed you greatly, but I must return to praying for the survival and return of our Emperor Nathan II. As soon as he is back, in good health and good character, I will have more time to spend with you."

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Metrobosarch of Vey
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

A familiar voice reached Zakyyr.

"Hello husband. You've finally decided to visit me, then..." his wife, Li, announced from the periphery of Zak's vision. "About time."
Li Naomiai Avon-El
Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed al-Osman bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine

Princess of Klaasiya, Duchess of Hoffenheim, Marchioness of Sentratera

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)
Secretary of Legal Affairs in the Court of Noble Fountain (Natopia)

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

Surprised? No. Zakyyr almost freaked out when he heard his wife's voice. He turned around and faced his lady wife.

"My loved one" he said, bowing and taking her hand to kiss her. "How surprised and happy I am!" he continued, and gave Li a long and lasting hug. Those around were as surprised by the Tsar's actions as was his wife!

Metrobosarch of Vey
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

She hated the hug. It was an invasion of her personal space, but she recognized his sentiments and, in her mind, she commended him for it.

"Perhaps a child would bring us together. Let's make one."

Although her suggestion was true, it sounded hollow due its monotonous apathetic tone.

She hadn't experienced any rush of emotoins since her husband had, against her wishes, abdicated.

"Come on, we need an heir."
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Regent of the Imperial Republic and Imperial Minister for the Exterior (Shireroth)

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

Those words erased the smile on his face. "My loved one, it was here where I heard something that changed my life beyond recognition. Here, many many years ago."

Zakyyr took his wife's hand, and led her into the Cathedral. They were alone. With tears streaming down his face, he told Li the story...

Metrobosarch of Vey
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Li Naomiai
"This is Mango Country"

Post by Li Naomiai »

"Oh" was all that the former empress could say. A period of silence followed.

"I guess that's it then. This is clearly not working. Shall we call it a day?"

She imagined being free, finding herself a good husband, who would have sex with her, who would give her children. She hadn't had sex, ever... and she longed for it, a man's touch...
Li Naomiai Avon-El

Return to “Princely Isle”