A talk and slightly more...

Dedicated to protecting the Empire and spreading the word of Bous.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

A talk and slightly more...

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

The Marquis of Klaasiya had just landed on the Princely Isle, the distanced Klaasiyan territory administered partially by the Crown Ducal Throne, partially by the Pentheros (more commonly known here as the Sovereign Head) and partially by the Wardens of the East themselves. Unlike last time, when Zakyyr had arrived without any notice whatsoever (and been diplomatically criticised for that), his half-brother Gwyn, the Grand Knight, had at least received a notice few hours before the plane reached the island. Since that first visit, Zakyyr had always been suspicious about the Princely Isle's governance and actions. Although he would not admit openly, Gwyneth and Ivo's son was not particularly favourable to the idea of such an autonomous body within the lands over which he will once rule. Of course, he accepted the level of self-governance of Egale and New Dracoheim, but his parents had virtually surrendered all control over the Princely Isle by remaining impartial and not intervening in any matter.

So, the Marquis had arrived and, as requested, was greeted in the most private manner possible - by Gwyn, another Knight and a few security men only.

"What brings you here, in such an urgent and unpublic meeting, dearest Zak?" asked Gwyn.
"Nothing too controversial, brother, but it was a matter I wanted to inform you personally about. Perhaps we can talk privately?”
“By all means”, said Gwyn, getting slightly worried. “Is everyone in good health and spirit?”
“Oh, yes, yes! We are all very well, nothing to worry about. It is more of a prestigious matter I wanted to discuss.”
The Marquis and the Grand Knight entered what Zakyyr thought to be a barn, but actually was the Grand Knight’s residence.
“We live a rather modest life, though the military-related part of our duties is in tact with all the technological and scientific trends” Gwyn assured.
“For now. I mean, surely the Orden will not lose its prestige if a more decent and representative building is constructed for its Sovereign Head and Grand Knight.”
The private meeting lasted little longer than 10 minutes and, at the request of the Marquis, minutes were not recorded. “I will highly appreciate it if we maintain full secrecy until those changes are introduced. For surely no one knows endless arguments on the vital question of elevating the Crown Duchy’s profile in the eyes of the Empire and beyond.” Zakyyr concluded as they were leaving the room.
“This shall be my commitment to you, brother. It is soon dinner time, what shall we serve?”
“I am afraid I will not be staying for dinner, unfortunately. My schedule is not allowing me such a pleasure, Gwyn. I have to leave.”
“Before you do so, Zakyyr, I need to ask something of you.” Gwyn said with a rather serious voice. “Time will only show the extend of the reform mother has asked you to undertake, but I sense they might go a little further than you realise. Before you leave, I want you to attend the Cathedral of the Wardens alone and take an oath of loyalty to Bous and His presence on Earth – the Empress.”
Zakyyr looked his half-brother in the eye. Gwyn did not really doubt the Marquis’ loyalty to Bous and the Empress, but it was clear that the Bosarch of Ely wanted to make this assertion not on a personal basis, but on the level of duty and honour which he knew Zakyyr will never even consider reverting or ignoring.
“I shall, of course!” was Zakyyr’s answer. “My word.”

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

Re: A talk and slightly more...

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

Zakyyr left the Cathedral of the Wardens with a face impossible to describe. Shocked? Stunned? Dismayed? Horrified? Terrified? Crucified? Too weak words! His eyes looked as they never had before - something had changed him beyond recognition. Realising that Gwyn is staring at him and asking question, he composed his face as much as possible.

"I have done what you asked of me, brother. I must now leave." said Zakyyr. "I am grateful for your hosting, brother."
"May Bous be with you, dearest Zak" said the Bosarch.
The Marquis jumped into the plane and commanded to be left alone. There, with his own handwriting style, he wrote the following:
To Asara Waffel-Paine, The Empress and my eternal friend.

Dearest, I have just heard what I consider the words of Bous when I visited the Cathedral of the Wardens. I shall not share them with anyone else and ask that you do the same. But I can never bear these myself. Forgive me for what I will tell you. The words I heard: “You will rule as the Tsar. You will have no children for you have done injustice. You will live in control of your destiny, but when the time comes you will die from a hand Imperial.”

Tell no one. The oath I took was to serve you no matter the cost. The oath I recognise as the control of my destiny and I aim to fulfil it.

Tell no one.
Zakyyr then instructed that this be delivered to Asara at all cost and at the same price the content remain a secret to the world.
His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Asara

Re: A talk and slightly more...

Post by Asara »

Dear Zakyyr,

Your letter brought me to tears. I cannot imagine you falling to the hand of anyone, let along someone of Imperial rank. I would have you hidden away, kept from the world, you and your wife, so that you may live a normal life. I could send you to Lukanburg, on far off Apollonia, isolated. You would be safe.

But, I know that is not for you. As you say, the voice of Bous spoke to you, shook you, commanded you, chastised you. Who am I to question Bous? That is for our cousin Aldin to grapple with.

The Marches are a large, diverse region. An important region. There is no doubt that they do not deserve to be ruled as a Tsardom. The title is familiar, for my father ruled Flaventia as a Cisar for a brief time.

Good luck,

Asara
Her Most Bovic Majesty,
Asara Sisu
Empress of the Natopians
[spoiler]Image
Nathan[/spoiler]

Return to “Princely Isle”