A task for Gwyn

Dedicated to protecting the Empire and spreading the word of Bous.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

A task for Gwyn

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

It had been almost a year since Gwyn arrived and although his engagements weren't as demanding, the Baron of Klaasisitya felt the burden of the Crown Ducal throne. He was, of course, someone who could be trusted the most, so the Crown Duchess made him play quite a bit of a role behind the scenes. Administering the functioning structures of the family quickly became one of his daily duties - a respected figure whom everyone knew has the confidence of the entire family.

Some time ago the Wardens of the East were proclaimed by the Pentheros, the far away inhabitants of the Princely Island. However, little was done since. Gwyneth had quite a lot of work, yet alone now when she was the only figure of authority in the Crown Duchy. Despite Ivo's help, it was impossible for her to spend time on organising the Order and even more unthinkable for her to visit the island in the foreseeable future. However, the Crown Duchess did feel it was important that the work be completed to the end and that is why she wanted to have this discussion with her son.

[Gwyneth] Oh, dear, how are you these days?
[Gwyn] I'm all fine, mom, is something bothering you?
[Gwyneth] I see you're getting more involved in Klaasiyan business and it makes me ever more happy.
[Gwyn] Yes, it's so...'' he answered reluctantly.
[Gwyneth] ''But as a mother, I do sense something is bothering you. Gwyn, I knew it would be difficult for you to come to terms to accept things as they are, because none of us is able to change them. You know that I love you tremendously, don't you, dear? I think the title gift you received proved how much the whole family cares for you and your sister, you both are nothing less but beloved part of it... [pause] Nevermind, I think it would be better if you had the time to think it over and I have the key to this.
[Gwyn] *striking a look at his mom*
[Gwyneth] We have the duty to His Holiness the Pentheros, to establish and administer the Princely Island. Although it is very much connected to the Bovic faith and church, it is part of Klaasiya and we must take part in the full and successful establishment of it. In short, I would like you to lead a mission to the island and foresee its administration in place.
[Gwyn] I humbly accept, it will really be a fine responsibility for me during the next few months. When do we leave?
[Gwyneth] No need to hurry, dear, I want you to attend the parade with us and you shall be ready to leave several days later. Thank you, Gwyn, it really is a job I wouldn't give to anyone else.
[Gwyn] Mom, I will not disappoint you. I shall arrange everything for the parade and prepare myself to take on the journey afterwards.
[Gwyneth] Very well, then.

Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Return to “Princely Isle”