Royal Decree: Counts and Dukes

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Goldshire

Noor bint Daniyal

Royal Decree: Counts and Dukes

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

ROYAL DECREE (6100)

ON THE COUNTIES AND DUCHIES

Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place granted to Zurvan this decree which by his Kharenah is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.

Be it known that We, NOOR BINT DANIYAL UMRA SOLEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL MAJEED BIN SATHRATI, Queen of Goldshire, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland, Emira of Sathrati, Alalehzamin and Utasia, Imperial Princess of Shireroth, Princess of Arietta, Duchess of Froyalan, Northshire and the Lady Esther Isles, Lady of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings, etc., make the following decree on the counties and duchies of the Kingdom:

SECTION 1: The Counts and Countesses

Hereby appointed as Countesses in the Kingdom:
  • Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara: Isabella bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Simrani-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati
    Countess of Crowsilver: Layla Nefeteri Maliana Verion
    Countess of Holwinn: Kizzy Drakland of Demonsfall
    Countess of Syrelwynn: Kizzy Drakland of Demonsfall
Hereby appointed as Counts in the Kingdom:
  • Count of Elsenar: Thorstein Noah Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al Majeed bin Sathrati af Ettlingar Freyu
    Count of Lunaris: Ryker Everstone
    Count of Ran: Thorgils Tarjeisson of Einhorn
    County of Yardistan: Zahir Aldin Benjamin Rai Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine.

SECTION 2. Royal representation

Granted unto the ESB- Jörmungandr Group the exclusive right to represent the Crown in each County, to collect taxes and do the needful royal administration. The Company may also, in times of vacation of a county seat, make and administer the comital law there.

SECTION 3. Duchies

The counties of Lunaris and Suthergold shall form the Duchy of Asantelian Parvatvana, with Ryker Everstone as Duke of Asantelian Parvatvana.

The counties of Holwinn and Syrelwynn shall form the Duchy of Ynnraile with Kizzy Drakland of Demonsfall as Duchess of Ynnraile.

SECTION 4. Reservations

The Crown reserves the exclusive right to remove a person from a comital or ducal dignity, at any time of the Crown’s pleasure.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF We have caused the Royal Seal to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand. Given this twenty-third day of Araroqpin in the Year 1635 in the City of Allswell.

Noor

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Re: Royal Decree: Counts and Dukes

Post by Ryker »

Majesty, would it be acceptable for the residents of Asantelian Parvatvana to chose a different name for their Duchy and would such a change fall under my jurisdiction or a higher government body? Also, would not Section 4 be better suited for the High Council?

Edit: Just noticed that this is the third time I've been a Duke in Goldshire in less than three years.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Ryker wrote:Edit: Just noticed that this is the third time I've been a Duke in Goldshire in less than three years.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Noor bint Daniyal

Ryker wrote:Majesty, would it be acceptable for the residents of Asantelian Parvatvana to chose a different name for their Duchy and would such a change fall under my jurisdiction or a higher government body? Also, would not Section 4 be better suited for the High Council?

Edit: Just noticed that this is the third time I've been a Duke in Goldshire in less than three years.
If you come up with a name that is historically appropriate sure!
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

In what way is Asantelian Parvatvana "historically appropriate" and why is that a requirement? Its just two names that parts of the duchy used to be called years ago. I'd go with something which combines the idea of the sun and moon being in the same domain. The Eclipsian Duchy has a nice ring to it. Then there's the old mash-'em-together approach where we get the Duchy of Sutherlune or Lunagold. I actually like that now that I see it in text. I hereby declare Asantelian Parvatvana renamed as the Eclipsian Duchy of Sutherlune effective immediately.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Isabella Kalirion

Post by Isabella Kalirion »

[...]

• Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara: Isabella bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Simrani-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati
[...]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF We have caused the Royal Seal to be affixed to this Decree which We have signed with Our Hand. Given this twenty-third day of Araroqpin in the Year 1635 in the City of Allswell.

Noor
Dear Sister,

Both Miranda and I are deeply touched by your consideration. We both look forward to the day when we can embrace you once more and the Simrani-Kalirions can be together again and call Benacia our own.
Patroness of Kalir
Elder of the Simrani branch of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion
| Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Isabella Kalirion wrote: Dear Sister,

Both Miranda and I are deeply touched by your consideration. We both look forward to the day when we can embrace you once more and the Simrani-Kalirions can be together again and call Benacia our own.
The people of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara are lucky to have a countess with such beautiful eyes. :wink: :wink:
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Noor bint Daniyal

Ryker wrote:In what way is Asantelian Parvatvana "historically appropriate" and why is that a requirement? Its just two names that parts of the duchy used to be called years ago. I'd go with something which combines the idea of the sun and moon being in the same domain. The Eclipsian Duchy has a nice ring to it. Then there's the old mash-'em-together approach where we get the Duchy of Sutherlune or Lunagold. I actually like that now that I see it in text. I hereby declare Asantelian Parvatvana renamed as the Eclipsian Duchy of Sutherlune effective immediately.
Asantelian and Parvatvana were the names of two glorious counties with a proud history and cultural development. It was by Parvatvana that the entirety of Brookshire was subjugated to the glory of Goldshire. To Asantelian, kaisers fled when Shirekeep was sacked. It was the home of the Reynardines, the line of kaisers that ensured the survival of Goldshire (and Shireroth) upon Elwynnese independence. Honouring these would be historically appropriate.

I gave you the offer to change the name if you found something that was historical appropriate. Instead, you question me. The reason why I want something historical appropriate is very clear. Goldshire is an ancient land, its boundaries and names should not change at whim. People should be able, without knowing much of current politics, to understand where a certain county or duchy is. I will not agree to names based on trend. As such, there will be no Noorland in this kingdom, nor an Ayreonia.

Sutherlune is a good try. Though combining Latin roots with roots from other language groups (like Greek and Germanic) is an atrocity to purity that should carry the death penalty. I would in that case implore you to accept "Suthermoon" as a compromise offer between the kingdom and the duchy.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Noor bint Daniyal

Isabella Kalirion wrote:
[...]

[...]

Noor
Dear Sister,

You are both welcome! Please, find peace and rest here.
Noor as-Salaam

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote: Sutherlune is a good try. Though combining Latin roots with roots from other language groups (like Greek and Germanic) is an atrocity to purity that should carry the death penalty. I would in that case implore you to accept "Suthermoon" as a compromise offer between the kingdom and the duchy.
If anything, such a combination as Sutherlune celebrates the cultures of both Suthergold and Lunaris. Along with English, Bastardized Latin as the language most well known across Lunaris, therefore, "Sutherlune" would be perfectly acceptable to the County population as it sounds pretty and has a bit of Latin thrown in. As for Suthergold, over there we're just happy to mush everything together as long as it's pleasant to enough of us. It's not that I don't like "Suthermoon", it just isn't my top pick.

I stand by it as the official name of my Duchy.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Noor bint Daniyal

Duchy of Sutherlune it is. I'll grant you this reprieve :p
Noor as-Salaam

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Thank you, Majesty. :king:
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Pronounced by the native Lunatic population as Sudderloon?
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Noor bint Daniyal

Most likely.
Noor as-Salaam

Return to “The Register of Laws/Decrees/&etc”