[Court of the King's Bench] Petition No. 1 of 1632

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

[Court of the King's Bench] Petition No. 1 of 1632

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court of the King's Bench is now in session. The Court shall sit as Court of Session. On the agenda is the Hearing concerning the petition filed by Her Imperial Highness The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, Emira of Alalehzamin and Utasia, Lady of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings. His Imperial and Royal Highness Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, the Steward of Elwynn, shall preside over this Hearing.
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports
Lord von der Elfinschenheide

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Re: [Court of the King's Bench] Petition No. 1 of 1632

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court hereby invites Her Imperial Highness The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine to make her opening statement concerning this matter.
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

My Lord Steward

It is common-held knowledge that my husband and I married for reasons other than love.

We were both very happy about our decision to marry, and I do not regret it. Prince Nathaniel is an extremely good man, kind, and an excellent father. I respect him and cherish him.

However, I no longer wish to be married to him.

Raising children, my four beautiful sons, have taught me something I did not ever think my heart would be capable of having: love.

For the first time in my life I know what love is.

I wish to seek out different forms of love, "the love between bodies" as our constitution so elegantly puts it.

Those are the reasons, my Lord.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court is satisfied with your statement and enquires into the arrangements, if any, which have been made concerning the division of property, the livelihoods of you, your husband, and your children as well as the upbringing of and access to your children.
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Noor bint Daniyal

I have proposed:

All property that Prince Nathaniel brought into the marriage remains with him.

All property that I brought into the marriage remains with me.

All property that Prince Nathaniel and I achieved possession over while married will be be divided as follows:

All territory in Elwynn: be brought into the ownership of a trust fund for our children

All territory in Natopia: to Prince Nathaniel

All territory in Stormark: to the trust fund (as above)

All territory in Zy-Rodun: to Prince Nathaniel

All territory anywhere else in Shireroth: to me.

All territory anywhere else: to the trust fund.

Regarding the children, we will have primary responsible for two children each, with regular visitation rights for either parent, and when the children are ten years of age, they will be able to choose which parent to live with.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court is satisfied with your answer and enquires whether any arrangments concerning child support and/or alimony have been made.
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Noor bint Daniyal

My Lord

My husband and I are both adequately endowed to care for far more than the basic needs for our children, separate of each other. Child support payments would not be necessary. In addition, the trust fund should prove helpful for our children's needs.
Noor as-Salaam

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court is satisfied with your answer and enquires whether you wish to make a final statement before it retreats to chambers.
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Noor bint Daniyal

I decline that kind offer, my Lord.
Noor as-Salaam

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

The Court is satisfied with your answer and will now retreat to chambers to prepare for the issuance of a Court Decree.
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

By the Court of Session of the Court of the King's Bench in the Year 1632,

In the name of His Riverine Majesty,

The King.

A Court Decree

The Petitioner

On the twenty-third Day of Kusporin in the Year 1632 a Petition was filed with this Court by Her Imperial Highness The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, Emira of Alalehzamin and Utasia, Lady of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings. The said Petition was registered by this Court as Petition No. 1 of 1632.

Statement of the Case

In her Petition Her Imperial Highness The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, Emira of Alalehzamin and Utasia, Lady of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings (hereafter "The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine") requested this Court to grant her, in accordance with the law of the Elwynnese Union, a dissolution of her marriage with His Imperial Highness The Prince Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, Imperial Prince of Shireroth, Marquess of Zy-Rodun, Count of Cape Farewell, etc. (hereafter "The Prince Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine").

Jurisdiction

This Court has jurisdiction over this matter under the First Article of the Fourth Chapter of the Constitution of the Elwynnese Union and the Royal Decree of 12 Rugaall 1630: Matrimonial Parting of Ways.

Evidence

The Court has heard and considered the following pleadings and oral evidence relevant to a decision on this matter:
  1. The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine's opening statement; and
  2. Testimony that was provided by The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine.
It was noted by the Court that The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine waived her right to make a final statement.

Findings

Having heard and considered the evidence this Court finds that, having regard to the circumstances, proper provision exists for The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine and her husband, The Prince Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, as well as their children.

For the foregoing reasons,

It is ordered by this Court that the Petition filed with this Court by The Lady Noor bint Daniyal Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine on the twenty-third Day of Kusporin in the Year 1632 known as Petition No. 1 of 1632 is granted and that in consequence thereof her bond of marriage with The Prince Nathaniel Andre Utas Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine shall upon the issuance of this Court Decree be dissolved.

Issued at the Palace of Krull by the Hand of the Steward of Jewel of the Many Facets and under the Seal of the Elwynnese Union this twenty-fourth day of Kusporin in the Year 1632.

Steward of Elwynn

Noor bint Daniyal

I thank the court for its time *bows*
Noor as-Salaam

Return to “Archives of the Judiciary”