Call for Senatorial Elections

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Call for Senatorial Elections

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

Senators,

We meet here today on the matter of electing a new Prince, a President of the Senate, and further Senators.

Under the traditions of the Senate, I assume, as proposer of the measure, the powers of President pro tempore for this measure alone.

All items will be voted on at the same at the end of the debate stage. Debate stage is 72 hours.

ITEM 1: Election: Prince of the Republic.
The Prince has informed me that he is, in his own opinion, "unworthy" of fulfilling his duties as Prince of the Republic. He wishes therefore to resign before the end of term. In his good grace, he has agreed to remain Prince until the Senate has elected a replacement. Accordingly, we have to elect a new Prince.

I have received one nomination from Daniel Dravot. The nomination is as follows:

The question is: That the Senate elect Liv Dravot to Princess of Elwynn with immediate effect.

ITEM 2: Confirming the Rules of Procedure
We need to have rules of procedure in place. In the lack of a formal ruleset, I propose that we confirm the previous Senate's rules of procedure (during the Froyalanish era) but that they be read in the light of the Republic's new ideals and laws.

The question is therefore: (1) To confirm the Rules of Procedure set by the previous (royal) Senate, (2) and to confirm that those Rules shall be interpreted by the President of the Senate in a manner fitting to the establishment of the Republic, and (3) they shall remain in force until a new set of rules have been agreed upon by the Senate.

ITEM 3: Election: President of the Senate
The item is straight-forward. We need a new president of the Senate.

I nominate myself.

The question is therefore: That the Senate elect Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh to President of the Senate.

ITEM 4: Election: Ryker Everstone to Senator
That the Senate elects Ryker Everstone to Senator of the Republic.

ITEM 5: Election: Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion to Senator
That the Senate elects Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion to Senator of the Republic

ITEM 6: Election: Liv Dravot to Senator
That the Senate elects Liv Dravot to Senator of the Republic
Last edited by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Re: Call for Senatorial Elections

Senators,

We shall proceed to voting on all items.

You may vote in favour of all, against all, or you may indicate for each item how your vote is cast.
Last edited by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Senators,

I vote in favour of all items listed.

(Nomination papers for Liv Dravot's candidacy for the Principate are submitted)

Heath Belledin

Post by Heath Belledin »

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:That the Senate elect Liv Dravot to Princess of Elwynn with immediate effect.
NOT CONTENT

I nominate Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh to the office of Prince of Elwynn.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:(1) To confirm the Rules of Procedure set by the previous (royal) Senate, (2) and to confirm that those Rules shall be interpreted by the President of the Senate in a manner fitting to the establishment of the Republic, and (3) they shall remain in force until a new set of rules have been agreed upon by the Senate.
CONTENT
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:That the Senate elect Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh to President of the Senate.
ABSTAIN
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:That the Senate elects Ryker Everstone to Senator of the Republic.
CONTENT
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:That the Senate elects Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion to Senator of the Republic
CONTENT
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh wrote:That the Senate elects Liv Dravot to Senator of the Republic
CONTENT
Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Content with everything but the nominations. I’m abstaining on those.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Please clarify. This is how I interpret your answer:

Item 1: Abstain
Item 2: Aye
Item 3–6: Abstain.
Last edited by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Whoops. I must have misheard Villy over the phone... Okay, here's what he said.
1 abstain
2-6 aye
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Very good. Thank you.

With that, all Senators have voted. We thank Ryker Everstone for being Prince Vilhjalm's proxy for the duration of this session as Vilhjalm was not feeling worthy enough to present himself in this house.

Now, to the tally:

ITEM 1:

The question is: That the Senate elect Liv Dravot to Princess of Elwynn with immediate effect.

1 vote in favour
1 vote against
1 abstention

It befalls the Chair to break the tie. It is in the interests of the Elwynnese Republic to have a stable government. The Chair is honoured by his nomination, but he wishes not be Prince of the Republic at this stage. No other candidates exist. Therefore the Chair casts his vote in favour.

Accordingly, Liv Dravot is duly elected Princess of Elwynn, with immediate effect. Congratulations, my Lady.

On behalf of the Senate, I wish to thank Viljam Noahidion for his services to the Elwynnese Nation. Without his leadership, Elwynn would be in a much darker place.

Item 2:

The Rules of Procedure are confirmed with three votes in favour.

Item 3:

Election of President. With two votes in favour, and one abstention, the Chair is confirmed President of the Senate.

I thank the Senate for its confidence.

Item 4–6

With three votes in favour, Ryker Everstone, Liv Dravot, and Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion are duly elected Senators of the Republic. Congratulations!
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

I am under no obligation to do so, but as your newly elected head of state I feel it appropriate to mark the occasion by a simple observance, rather than indulge in obtaining a dubious sword via some absurd aquatic ritual. To that end I shall hereby take the oath of office as it was taken by the princes of our era of self-rule:

Uun ei entegavis um aran Adurellion, nazyrum o ferum hoo aambumi veoi etaaqas Adurellion o naamas Adurellion. Aangani ke-goqnuir ezill ei uunas zihire azaaronde anaieras Adurellion, ailas o auraias kaqon o naamas.

Return to “Senate”