Decree: Royal Parliament

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Decree: Royal Parliament

Post by King Noah »

BY THE POWER OF YAANEK!

IN THE NAME OF ELWYNN THE WHITE ORCHID LADY, WHO LOOKS UPON HER HAPLESS FOLLOWERS WITH MATERNAL LOVE AND PITY, WHO VIEWS ALL THEIR FEUDS AND FIGHTING JUST LIKE QUARRELS AMONG CHILDREN, AND WHO IS OVERJOYED THAT HER FAMILY IS FINALLY RULED BY HER CHILD ON MICRAS THE LONG-AWAITED MOST MIGHTY PRINCE THORSTEIN NOAH WHO IS ALSO OF THE ANCIENT BLOOD OF LONG LOST VALTIA AND THE MOST SACRED BLOOD OF THE LADY OF THE VANIR BEFORE THAT, AND SHALL BE RULED BY HIS HEIRS AND SUCCESSORS OF HIS BLOOD IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW AFTER THAT; AND IN THE NAMES OF ALL THE GODS AND GODDESSES AND GODLINGS OF ELUIN AND SXIRO, OF MORS THE STERN AND TERRIBLE, OF ZURVAN FULL OF FIRE, OF TRUTH AND BEAUTY COLD AND CLEAR, OF BOUS THE BENEVOLENT BUTTERY BOVINE, OF FRIGGA THE FAIR AND ALL-KNOWING, OF FREYJA FULL OF LOVE AND COMPASSION, AND IDUNN OF THE MAGIC APPLES. IN THE NAME OF ALL THESE GODS AND GODDESSES AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO BE NAMED!

A ROYAL DECREE

THE ROYAL PARLIAMENT

WHEREAS the White Orchid Throne has from time to time been humbly and submissively petitioned to institute a legislative assembly for the Flower of the North;

AND WHEREAS We are of the mind that the Lands of the Two Sacred Rivers have reached a sufficient level of stability that such a legislative assembly for the whole of the Elwynnese Union can be instituted safely;

LET IT THEREFORE BE KNOWN THROUGHOUT ALL THE CARDINAL DIRECTIONS OF THE JEWEL OF THE MANY FACETS, that We, Thorstein Noah of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, King of Elwynn, Imperial Chieftain of Thule, King of Amokolia, Prince of Arietta, Arvjarl of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms, Storjarl of Stormark, Lord Imperial on All Continents, Prince of Natopia, Lord of the Two Sacred Rivers and the Twelve Peoples, Duke of Froyalan, Duke of Northshire, Duke of the Lady Esther Isles, Býurgreifi of Eliria, Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik, Jarl of Bernicia, Llængjarl of Elwynn, Baron of the Fórntida Kærleikalanden, Baron of the Elw, Baron of Opplysta Smørvirket, Count of Araxion, Count of Cimmeria, Count Shishin, Count of Storborg, Count of Wintergleam, Warden of the Flower of the North, Blood-Unifier of the Jewel of Many Facets, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings, Chief, Head and Patriarch of the House of Orchids, decree as follows:

1. Upon the coming into effect of this Royal Decree, a legislative assembly for the whole of the Elwynnese Union, which shall be known as the Royal Parliament, shall stand established.

2. The White Orchid Throne shall have the power to, at any time, call the Royal Parliament to session, dismiss the Royal Parliament from session as well as recall the Royal Parliament to session. The Royal Parliament may, by Joint Resolution, dismiss itself from Session at any time.

3. The Royal Parliament shall be composed of two Chambers: the Assembly of the Twelve Peoples and the Sænate.

4. The Assembly of the Twelve Peoples shall be elected directly by the People of the Flower of the North with each Princely Precinct serving as an electoral district.

5. The Assembly(wo)men of the Assembly of the Twelve Peoples shall be elected in a manner similar to the members of the legislative bodies of the Bailiwicks of the Lands of Elwyna.

6. The Sænate shall be composed of the Royal Governors of the Princely Precincts.

7. The Assembly of the Twelve Peoples shall meet in the White Stagg Chamber of the Palace of Fjǫrleif.

8. The Sænate shall meet in the White Orchid Chamber of the Palace of Fjǫrleif.

9. The Royal Parliament shall have power to propose legislation to the White Orchid Throne, which shall be free to accept, reject, or return with advise and comments, any legislative proposal which has been passed by the Royal Parliament aforesaid.

10. For the purpose of the simulation shall any legislative proposal, or any joint Resolution, which has been passed by the Sænate be deemed to have been passed by both of the Chambers of the Royal Parliament.

11. It shall require a majority of the votes cast to pass a legislative proposal, or any resolution, or any other motion put before a Chamber of the Royal Parliament.

11. Any legislative proposal which has been accepted by the White Orchid Throne shall be decreed by the aforesaid Kingly Throne of the Jewel of the Many Facets as Law of the Land.

12. The White Orchid Throne shall have the power to modify any legislative proposal presented to it by the Royal Parliament in such manner that it shall fit into the traditional format of a Royal Decree.

13. Each Chamber of the Royal Parliament shall be presided over by its own Løgmaður, who shall be elected by the Chamber zirself, provided that in the event of absence or indisposition of an incumbent Løgmaður such election shall be performed and managed by the White Orchid Throne.

14. Each Chamber of the Royal Parliament shall have power to make its own Rules of Order provided that no provision of those Rules of Order shall be contrary to or inconsistent with this Royal Decree or with the Constitution of the Elwynnese Union.

15. The purpose and duty of such Løgmaður shall be to call a meeting of the Chamber to order, close votes, tally votes, generally manage the affairs of the Chamber zie is presiding over, and keep order within zir Chamber.

16. Each Løgmaður shall keep records of all legislative proposals and resolutions passed by zir Chamber as well as the response of the White Orchid Throne thereto.

17. The White Orchid Throne shall be free to issue all the further rules, regulations, policies and instruments it deems necessary or expedient to carry the provisions of this Royal Decree into effect, or to clarify the same, or to deal with any and all matters that arise concerning this Royal Decree.

18. All provisions of acts, laws, decrees, resolutions, orders, regulations, judgements, usages, or customs, if any, which are contrary to or inconsistent with the provisions of this Royal Decree shall upon the coming into effect of this Royal Decree be repealed, suppressed and superseded.

19. This Royal Decree shall come into effect immediately.

Given at the Palace of Krull under my Hand and the Seal of the Elwynnese Union this twenty-fourth day of Nomeziooqu in the year 1633.

Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn

Fjorleif

Re: Decree: Royal Parliament

Post by Fjorleif »

King Noah wrote:7. The Assembly of the Twelve Peoples shall meet in the White Stagg Chamber of the Palace of Fjǫrleif.

8. The Sænate shall meet in the White Orchid Chamber of the Palace of Fjǫrleif.
You can't escape the Palace of Fjǫrleif! :-D
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Interesting development!
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Kaiser Brrapa VII

Post by Kaiser Brrapa VII »

Fjorleif wrote: You can't escape the Palace of Fjǫrleif! :-D
It's like the cabbage flu. Once you got it, you never lose it. :cabbage:

Blessed are Those Serving the Realm.

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Perhaps a writ of election for the Assembly?

And a call of session for the Senate? :)
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

When will the Palace of Fjǫrleif be ready? :-D
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Noor bint Daniyal

My Lord King

When will see the Parliament in session? When will the Senate meet? When will elections for the Assembly be held?

The people demand action!
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:The people demand action!
Lady Noor,

You should use the language that a King understands. :wink:
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Your Riverine Majesty,

Your loyal and loving subjects humbly petition you to be graciously pleased to allow them to express their opinions on public policy through debating and voting in the Parliament you have granted them for that purpose. :bow:
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Fjorleif wrote:
Noor bint Daniyal wrote:The people demand action!
Lady Noor,

You should use the language that a King understands. :wink:
What about pitchforks and torches? :wink: :mob:
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Fjorleif wrote:Your Riverine Majesty,

Your loyal and loving subjects humbly petition you to be graciously pleased to allow them to express their opinions on public policy through debating and voting in the Parliament you have granted them for that purpose. :bow:
That is the way I like it! :king:
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Your Riverine Majesty and Your Riverine Highness,

The writ of election for the Royal Parliament be issued in the coming days.
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Noor bint Daniyal

We eagerly await!
Noor as-Salaam

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:We eagerly await!
I bet you do.
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Noor bint Daniyal

You should eagerly await something growing inside of me at this very moment...
Noor as-Salaam

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:You should eagerly await something growing inside of me at this very moment...
Aww. :)
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

So that is the reason why you couls give so little sweet loving to me in the last weeks. :wink:

OOC:
In real life the two of us are friends with benefits. :doc:
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Fjorleif wrote:So that is the reason why you couls give so little sweet loving to me in the last weeks. :wink:

OOC:
I'm not sure if I wanted to know this. =p
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Jack wrote:
Fjorleif wrote:So that is the reason why you couls give so little sweet loving to me in the last weeks. :wink:

OOC:
I'm not sure if I wanted to know this. =p

Return to “Senate”