At the Monastery

The City of Elijah's Rest, a monastic demesne and capital of the Union.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) King of Normark

Aldin

At the Monastery

Post by Aldin »

Aldin and Kurai arrived at the Monastery in Elijah's Rest very late. The Abbot set them up in their rooms, gave them a very sour tasting broth as 'dinner' and bade them a 'tolerable night' before closing and latching their doors from the outside. Aldin was now alone. He began to cry.

Grandson! Dry your eyes! You are near my final resting place. In the morning, you'll be able to talk to me. It's been so long since anyone could hear me as clearly as you. I have so much to tell you. Do you know how to write yet?

Aldin was blubbering, snot and tears dripping down his face, clearly and utterly terrified, "N-n-n-n-noooooooooo!!!!!"

Oh. Well that woman who brought you. She'll have to write down whatever I say, so you just be sure to repeat everything I say, exactly how I say it so she can get it down.

Aldin began regaining his composure, the shock of being locked in a room, with arctic winds howling outside, finally subsided and realized it was Elijah's voice talking in his mind. "I-I-I can write the alphabet... and even the Natopabet, my-my dad said it was important for a Waffel-Paint to know. But... but I can't make very many words yet."

Don't worry! It works out better this way for you to dictate my words. Since you'll be at my tomb, you'll have witnesses too, so my words will not be able to be misinterpreted. Good night, sweet Grandson! Here, have a snack to help you sleep.

A pool of butter appeared under the room's door and slid across the floor before congealing and forming into a small stick of butter.

Your other grandpa, Nathan, did that. He's here with me. He's very proud of you.

Aldin grabbed the butter and took a bit, "MMM! This is like eating soft butterscotch candy!"

Well, we are your grandpas, of course we have butterscotch candies!
His Eminence, Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion
Metrobosarch of the Eparchy of Smjorkyr,
Marquess of Sentratera

Return to “Elijah's Rest”