Waking?

A fallen flying island from the ancient land of Jasonia, Ura'Bos is an outpost for Shireroth midway between Mar Sara and Yardistan.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Waking?

Post by Jacobus Loki »

He stood, but the green glow was gone. There was an assortment of cheap furniture, a flat screen, and floor-to-ceiling drapes with tiny holes admitting a sun that was just a little too bright.

And no dragons.

He could smell hydrocarbon combustion fumes, and heard/felt a vibration. Opening the curtain, it was obvious that he was several stories above an asphalt street, which added its own scent in the heat.

There was a hand (?) on his shoulder.

"Dearest, come back!"

He feel into a chair that changed from particle board to hardwood as he sat.

The green glow was back, and so was Melisande.
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Waking?

Post by Jacobus Loki »

"What in the PRH was that?"

"We're not really sure. When you are unconscious, you seem to fade out around the edges, and you seem to "go" someplace. We don't know where."

He shook his head and sighed. "Tell me what happened here."

"In the last millennium decade or so?"

He nodded.

"There are those who can't handle different. Yes, they might get along with someone in another province, or even a person with a differing melanin content. Sometimes they force those that are different to do labor for them, but when one has a long tail and can breath fire and fly, they start thinking you are too different. They can't force you to do anything, all they can to is either leave you alone, or kill you.

"Some of these people got power, and went to war with another group. Then they got bored, and decided to sink all of the historic vessels they could find using nuclear weapons, and to kill as many of us as they could."

A single drop fell from her eye, and shattered on the rocky floor of the cavern. A tiny cloud formed from the shards and dissipated.

"But we survived. All but Shmmerscales." A small group of droplets exploded on the floor.

"And we have been busy!"
She held out her forelimb to the human. "Come and see!"

(Revised by the Temporal Adjustments Bureau)
Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

New friends, old friends

Post by Jacobus Loki »

She lead him into the next chamber.

It was huge. Dragons were running, walking, fluttering, and flying every which way. Most of them were carrying tools, boxes, and
who-knows-what. Most smiled at him, and he heard little mind-syllables of greetings as he passed.

He soon heard the unmistakable sounds of water, and as they rounded a corner he saw it.

Floating at anchor, his so often home away from home, the Kaiser Mors VI. Or what looked a great deal like it. He gave her a grin mixed with a quizzical look.

"There was significant damage to the superstructure. We repaired what made sense, and added a number of......improvements."
She smiled again.

He noticed that no flag flew from the ship. They walked up the gangplank, and were piped aboard by what appeared to be a Safirian!

"What title do you wish to use, dearest?"

"Let's not enter into that just yet. I'm not really sure who I am today!"

"You are my most precious one. But for now...."
She nodded to a dark green dragon at a keyboard.

The voice synthesizer spoke. "Admiral on the deck!"
Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Secret's out?

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A yellow dragon wearing headphones hurried up to their side. "Excuse me , Admiral, how do you want your messages delivered?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well sir, you life covers everything from chalkboards and telegraph slips to telepathy, and I did not want to breach etiquette."He looked nervous and embarrassed.

"I'm not particular about the method, I mean who could be sending me a message, who knows that I live?"

"The Kaiser of Shireroth. He summons you to the Landsraad."

He sighed. "Better print that one out for me."
Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Re: Waking?

Post by Jacobus Loki »

"I don't want you to go! The ship isn't ready! I'm not ready! I can't loose you again, so soon!" He had not seen Melisande so distraught in (literally) ages.

"I'll go, sign in at the Landsraad, say howdy-heigh to the Kaiser. Maybe observe La Fiesta De LA BO0O/\/\."

"You are allowed bodyguards, I hope?"

"Well, as crazed as things seem to be in Shirekeep these days, I'm not going alone."

"Then take our New Friend with you."

"Yes, I've wanted to meet him. He dug the slip for the ship?"

"He excavated most of the cave complex"

He whistled. "Wow."

"There he is, just woke up from a nap."

His head bent up. And up. And up. A jingle from a planet far away and long ago came to his mind.

Up from the depths

Thirty stories high

Breathing fire

His head in the sky!

Could it be? Well if he could be the avatar of the God Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness, why couldn't it be?

"Kon'nichiwa ogenkidesuka, misutāgojira!"
Jacobus Loki

Return to “Ura'Bos”