Extraordinary Address to the First Imperial Synkletos

The Parliament of Constancia.

Moderator: (Constancia) Basileus

Primo de Aguilar

Extraordinary Address to the First Imperial Synkletos

Post by Primo de Aguilar »

21st day of the 8th month of Eukleios 1668 in the 49th year of the Reign of Petros III

The Basileus, being seated on the Throne, and attended to by Officers of State, was pleased to address the First Imperial Synkletos of the Imperial State of Constancia, thusly, through the voice of the Basileusa Cleo, who was seated beside His Imperial Majesty:

Imperial Senators of this First Imperial Synkletos,

On this extraordinary occasion when We speak to you as Basileus and Sovereign of this Imperial State, we express momentous news, news of such immense significance that We must first declare it publicly before Our Imperial Synkletos and Our Loyal Subjects.

We welcome the presence of His Highness Khanzada Kūruš Artashata and the Grand Vizier, Azaradokht al-Osman before Our Throne and this Synkletos, and bid them welcome as Our favored guests in Our Imperial State.

We have recently been in earnest discussions with Our beloved neighbor and brother sovereign, Tahmaseb II Osman, and he has freely exercised his sovereign powers to declare thusly:
I, the Khan Tahmaseb II Osman, by the by the Khvarenah of Zurvan, Lord of the Four Quarters, Suzerain of the Blue Horizon, Restorer of the Ancienty Dignity, Graced by the Khvarenah Artaḥšásta, Unconquered in Ninety Battles, Despoiler of the Khalypsine, Ever Victorious, Unblemished, Custodian of the Two Ziggurats, Keeper of the Throne, &etc, hereby declare that:

1. I hereby freely execute this my Instrument of Accession and

2. I hereby declare that I and the Khanate absolutely and completely accede to the Imperial Throne and Imperial State of Constancia

3. By virtue of this my Instrument of Accession, I hereby assume the obligation of ensuring that due effect is given by virtue of this my Instrument of Accession.

4. By this instrument we give, grant and accept the matters specified in the confidential schedule hereto

5. Other than accession of our Throne and Khanate to the sovereignty of my dear Imperial cousin beyond the sands, Petros III, nothing in this Instrument affects the continuance of the exercise of any other privileges, prerogatives authority and rights now enjoyed by me as Khan of this state or the validity of any law at present in force in this state.

6. I hereby declare that I execute this Instrument on behalf of this state and that any reference in this Instrument to me or to the ruler of the state is to be construed as including to my heirs and successors.

Thus speaks Tahmaseb II Osman, that these divine oaths keep, lest a storm of locusts render incomprehensible all those unworthy who would hold these sacred words into contempt. By declaring this Firman, I swear on my sword by the Holy Name of Zurvan, who has created the ground and sky, Zurvan's Prophet Zarathustra, and 124,000 Prophets that; no one from my citizens, my subjects, nor my slaves, will react or behave the opposite of this Firman.
We now declare before all of you that it is Our Imperial Will and Pleasure to accede to this Instrument. The Khanate of Raspur is now peacefully and under mutual consent under the law of nations, a constituent part of Our Imperial State.

As We speak before you, our faithful and loyal servant, Geórgios Maniakes is implementing joint orders issued by Ourselves and the Khan of Raspur to ensure order within the Khanate. We do not anticipate any discord with respect to this accession and union. He has been appointed as Civil Administrator over the Khanate, and shall advise the Khan and Grand Vizier on what steps shall be taken in the coming days, weeks, and months.

We are now one family with our Raspurid brethren, and I command enforcement of Our peace. We have much to learn from each other, brother to brother.

We leave you now, but bid you advise Us further on this great matter, as well as other matters of state, as is your premier prerogative.

Return to “Synklētos”