Flag icon

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Flag icon

Post by Trajan Myksos »

I can't remember adding that little flag icon for the Antya Province...

Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Re: Flag icon

Post by Orion »

It appeared to be missing, so I dug it up out of my archives.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Orion wrote:It appeared to be missing, so I dug it up out of my archives.
Thanks.

And it's good to know that I wasn't the one who did it, without even knowing. :lol:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Orion

Post by Orion »

Cheers :herman:

Do the other three flagless provinces have flags, or is that still in development? Tymaria's original flag was simply the old flag of Kildare.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Orion wrote: Do the other three flagless provinces have flags, or is that still in development? Tymaria's original flag was simply the old flag of Kildare.
Really? That's interesting. So Kildare simply took the old Tymarian flag?

And yes, the other provinces don't have flags yet, so I'm open for proposals. :wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

I think I even forgot what the old flag of Kildare looked like...

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Rasmus wrote:I think I even forgot what the old flag of Kildare looked like...
Its symbol is still used on the two-headed eagle. :wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Orion

Post by Orion »

Trajan Myksos wrote:
Orion wrote: Do the other three flagless provinces have flags, or is that still in development? Tymaria's original flag was simply the old flag of Kildare.
Really? That's interesting. So Kildare simply took the old Tymarian flag?

And yes, the other provinces don't have flags yet, so I'm open for proposals. :wink:
The original Kildare WAS Tymaria, we simply changed the name. And I designed the Tymarian flag (as well as coming up with the name Tymaria... long story...). The old flag was just a blue background with the circlet and stars in the center.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

I always thought that Kildare started with the Antyan counties?
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Orion

Post by Orion »

Nope, that was one of Bill's later retcons. Shireroth absorbed the remnants of Tymaria, which was essentially an empty land area that is what you now know as Kildare. Everything else was fitted in later.

Antya was a project I began similar to the LoSS or GUM, and never even had land... Blackrock, Demesos, and MyNation were already dead and gone by the time the MCS was formed.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

The original Kildare was the Union of Apollo States, NOT Tymaria. The UAS was, as the name suggests, the last attempt at a megamerger of the old Apollonian nations before the sector really began to crumble. But nobody really merged and so all this new land was created out of nowhere. There was a lot of fighting all around, most of which was lead by and involved yours truly here.

Really, the absolute best thing to come out of that clusterfrick was that Erik did map it extremely well. Teritory before the UAS was an ultra-nebulous thing, with most people ignoring Bill's horrible MSPaint blobs and my ripoffs of Chrono Trigger. The UAS not looking like trash is what started modern mapping.

Just for posterity, in case some don't know, Kildare is Kildare and was Shirerithian because Shireroth "annexed" the ruins of the Union of Apollo States after the mass secession and emigrations following... Christ... I don't remember, something about Thomas Hubert maybe? Shireroth had literally 0 claim to the territory to be able to annex it like this, but nobody was really in much of a position to say no, and they were doing the mapping so they didn't care either (Scott and Erik controlling the map is how Shireroth became so big, after all) so they took it and they added it to their really vague holdings. A few months later, around the end of 2000 / 2001 I want to say (because Jasonian was still alive; it didn't surive past Feb 2001) they produced what became the MCS map 1.0. The MCS archives don't have a date for http://micras.org/archives/bigworldb-v150.png , but I'm pretty confident in about January 2001.

IN ANY EVENT, Bill's retcon that the old Apollo nations were in Kildare was based on the idea that the UAS was literally a union of the Apollo states, and none of these ultra-important (from a historical point of view, anyway) countries like the AIN, GAPR and Blackrock ever had any sort of territory in the sense that we see it, so it did make sense to put them there.

Return to “Naród Seaski”