Ming Wei's Address to the Nation

Petitions to the government, the election process and the registration of political parties are done here.

Moderator: [Jingdao] Guanchang

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

"Citizens of the Great Nation of Jingdao,

Tonight the voting polls will open, both for the Imperial Yuan as the job of Diwang of the Empire. Many of you shall, out of habit look towards the Kuominliantang and cast your vote in favour of a party which represents the Old Ways. As fellow citizen, I understand that you all would like to find solutions in the parties and political class you are familiar with. Certainly during a time of war - and yes, we are still at war - chosing for the Old can give us a feeling of security.

However, do not forget that what brought us into this so-called total war were the those politicians! Where were they when the Emperor - misguided by infiltrators - took charge of the nation and brought it to the brink of total annihilation? Shall Chiang Shun, son of the Diwang who watched it all happen and only interfered when his own head was going to be chopped of in a purge, be any better and more trustworthy than his father?

The Nokarodo Faction is a party of the common people: farmers, factory workers, etc.
We seek to bring benefit and wealth to the masses, while accepting the ethnic and cultural differences among our Peoples. We don't need more guns, but we need more and better health care, bread for the poor and political assurances that no government can simply arrest your parents, brothers, sisters or children. Let us - for the sake of the Empire - fight together to accomplish such goals!

We must seek a lasting peace with the nations of SANE, which does not mean that we have to bite in the dust. Let it be clear that we believe - now relations have normalized with the rest of the world - that war on the battlefield can once more be put aside and relations with our allies can be restored and strengthened. If Shireroth wishes to keep this war going by outrageous claims; the Nokarodo shall not comply and will fight with the same conviction as the Kuominliantang against any imperialist which threatens our sovereignty. No land shall be given away, which rightfully belongs to Jingdao and its citizens!

I thank you all for your attention, and I hope that when you go to vote, my words will have reached some of you."

Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Return to “Haigu Lane 22 [Speaker's Corner's Archives]”