[OTG-RB] PsH I Self-Propelled Howitzer

The State Museum is a repository of Mishalanski history.
Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

[OTG-RB] PsH I Self-Propelled Howitzer

Post by Orion »

• Weight: 23.5 tonnes
    Length: 9.2 meters
    Width: 3.1 meters
    Height 3.0 meters
    Crew: 2 - 1 Gunner and 1 Driver
    Passengers: Up to 6
    ----
    Armor: Steel laminate and plate on 5083 hull substrate (ERA capable)
    ----
    Main Armament: 1x 155mm cannon (203mm cannon also available)
    Secondary Armaments:
    • 1x 50 Caliber Heavy Machine Gun
    ----
    Engine: HCE-1 8-Cylinder Hydrogen Fuel Engine @ 1,120 kW (utilizing HSM No. 6 Fuel, a liquid in-situ processed room-temperature hydrogen storage medium)
    Suspension: Torsion bar
    Transmission: 11-speed - 8 forward and 3 reverse
    Ground Clearance: 0.4 meters
    Fuel Capacity: 750 liters
    Operational Range: 362 km
    Maximum Speeds: Road 56 km/h; Off-road: 45 km/h
The PsH I is a two-man self propelled howitzer that runs on a continuous track thereby making it an excellent all-terrain artillery. The howitzer is a vehicle that provides armored combat support, is air transportable, internally loaded, and has excellent ground mobility. It allows firing in a 360 degree circle through its primary armament, the 155mm cannon assembly, and its secondary armament, the heavy barrel caliber 50 machine gun. The system is capable of both direct (line of sight) and indirect (out of the line of sight) firing.

Countermeasure Systems -
The PsH I can be equipped with numerous anti-tank countermeasures. The PsH I can also be equipped with the Seier Electro-Optical Projectile Disruption system (EOPD) and the Seier Early Warning Laser System (EWLS). A Seier Chaff Jamming Countermeasure System (CJCS) can also be installed to counter electronic threats. On the undercarriage of the tank an Anti-Mine Degaussing System (AMDS) can be installed to handle anti-tank mines on the ground.

EOPD -
The Electro-Optical Projectile Disruption system is an anti-tank missile countermeasure. The EOPD is a radiation dazzler which causes IR, UV and heat seeking missiles to detonate early or lose their guidance path by overloading their sensors.

EWLS -
The Early Warning Laser System is an optical laser receiver which alerts crew members when the tank is targeted or “painted” by a laser guidance system or rangefinder. The EWLS is directly tied into the EOPD to activate the EOPD so that the threat can be neutralized.

CJCS -
The Chaff Jamming Countermeasure System uses a long rang broad frequency jamming system to disable electronic guidance and communication systems. The classified Mobile Unit Communication frequency is left unjammed.

AMDS -
The Anti-Mine Degaussing System uses a large degaussing array to disable magnetic anti-tank land mines which might be planted on the ground. The sudden degaussing of the mines causes them to stop functioning either permanently or until the degaussing field as passed on (along with the howitzer itself).

Tarjei Einhornsson

Re: [OTG-RB] PsH I Self-Propelled Howitzer

Post by Tarjei Einhornsson »

OmniTree Group DARPA approves of this co-design and congratulates Red Bear on its first collaborative effort.

Return to “State Museum”