[New Dracoheim] The Announcement from Hoffenheim

A new homeland for the Draconian diaspora.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Luix Rakira

[New Dracoheim] The Announcement from Hoffenheim

Post by Luix Rakira »

It had been several days since Ludwig had returned from his tour of New Dracoheim. He had met with each city's leader and secured, by various methods, their affirmation of him as the new Margrave. En route back to Hoffenheim he had instructed his Athlonian house servant, Paidron, to make preparations for a press conference. Paidron was remarkably capable for a servant, especially for the low hiring and relocation fee that he advertised. Ludwig never quite understood the desire for Athlonians to willingly leave such a lovely and remote island to become servants in the demesnes. There were always rumors of unethical "recruiters" that immigrated to Athlon after the former New South Mehlville was ceded to Babkha. Since the Babkhans were famed slavers the whispering and gossiping unfairly judged these entrepreneurs as Babkho-Natopian half-breeds abducting young Athlonians to be "hired" in the demesnes as willing servants.

Ludwig gave little thought to this rumor in his dealings with Paidron. He never complained and was paid a modest wage, more than anyone else on his payroll. When Ludwig arrived at his home there were already vans, cars, and a few shuttles parked on the lawn. Paidron had come through, he thought to himself, the whole continent will hear my announcement now. Ludwig was so wrapped up in the excitement that he barely even thought how a servant from a remote part of the Dominion would be able to contact such notable news outlets in such a small time.

Paidron came out to meet Ludwig, ushering him in a back door to freshen up before the conference. Ludwig sat as some makeup was applied and his hair fixed. He say quietly, thinking about the reaction to his announcement. For a brief moment he was filled with doubt, terror, and dread. Almost as quickly it passed. This was the right thing to do. He needed to save Natopia from itself.

Soon Paidron informed him the press was expecting him. Ludwig followed him out of the house to the front lawn, where a podium was set up in front of the seated members of the press. He took a deep breath and walked to the podium, adjusted the mic, collected his thoughts, looked at his notes, and began.

"Greetings, my dear countrymen. Some of you may not know me. I am Ludwig Drakire. I was born in the Draconian slums outside of Lindstrom City and worked there for many years. I moved here several months ago to fulfill the Natopian dream. I established a successful farm and established a community here. Is this not what our very founding father, Nett Opaegh, dreamed of doing and accomplished? He, like I, was born with few prospects to a low class. But he ventured to the unknown and found his fortune... a fortune that continually provides today. Unfortunately, that fortune, that is to say, Natopia itself, sometimes falters. We have struggled through adversity many times before, always emerging stronger than before.

I would like to announce, to the people of New Dracoheim and the nation, that I am the duly elected leader of New Dracoheim. I secured affirmation from all recognized local leaders in the demesne. In the absence of national oversight and local procedures for election I assert that the only valid representatives of the people are the local leaders. Those leaders have spoken and I will carry out their wishes. I therefore assume the title and responsibilities of Margrave of New Dracoheim.

I also urge every other demesne in the nation to take notice of what we have done here today. The national constitution practically forbids local representation in national affairs. Your leaders are all imperial puppets! Ignore the appointed dukes, princes, and counts of your demesne. Select your own! Take back Natopia for Natopians!"

The crowd immediately erupted in a cacophony of questions, threats, jeers, and some cheers. Ludwig left the podium and walked briskly back inside leaving Paidron at the podium. "Margrave Ludwig will not be answering questions at this time. Please direct questions to the Margravine Relations Office in Hoheit which will shortly be re-staffed to handle all concerns."
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “New Dracoheim”