To 'inform' the Earl

A new homeland for the Draconian diaspora.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

To 'inform' the Earl

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

The Marquis of Klaasiya had used the time to travel from the Princely Isle to Hoffenheim to try and recover from the shock, if that was achievable. The trip seemed twice as exhausing, bearing in mind that this was one of first tours of such scope that Gwyneth and Ivo's son undertook. As with the Grand Knight, the Earl had been informed of Zakyyr's arrival just a mere few hours before it occurred. He greeted Kyle in a rather usual manner, which might have been seen my some as rude given the present circumstances. To his defence, he was not inform of these.

The two men then discussed the changes to be introduced, or rather one was instructed. It had to be noted, though, that this was at least slightly more dialogical form, which the minute keepers contributed to the Earl's wife. As Zakyyr concluded, he diplomatically asked if Kyle had anything to add or ask.

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Kyle Kilynn

Re: To 'inform' the Earl

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

"And then you, would rule as a king? Or... even greater than a king! I hold this county out of respect for my dead parents' only admirable goal: saving the Draconian people. There are only two regions on the planet where Draconians are the majority or have considerable say in their own affairs. One of them is here, in this county. And the other is in Shireroth, the Duchy of Ynnraile. Now, do you want Natopian Draconians falling behind Shirerithians? It's already embarrassing that Draconians were embraced so thoroughly there first. The residents of New Dracoheim deserve to be equal to the residents of Ynnraile. You want to rule the Marches? Fine. But only if I get to be a Duke here.

Lord Zakyyr, I grew up in Neridia learning that you must grab chances as soon as they present themselves. I made myself, so don't even think that I'm begging you for a new title. I'm telling you. I'm telling you something that will ultimately benefit your new dominion. Also consider this, why should I split my time in Ynnraile, where I am duke, with time here, where I am just an earl? Also consider, my son will inherit the Natopian throne. Don't you want "Duke of New Dracoheim" up at the top of his titles, behind his Imperial name?

And, keep in mind, I will withdraw my support for New Dracoheim being merged back into Klaasiya unless the rights and status of the Draconians are not only preserved, but ELEVATED!"
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak

Post by Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak »

Zakyyr was mad. How dare this foreigner talk to him like that? Question his actions, dare speak his true mind without any diplomatic kindness! More, demand that he gets a title - aka, acting like Zakyyr himself. And what? A ducal title is greater than that of the heir to the throne, the Marquis! Not only this, it also sounds way too similar to the Crown Ducal title.

"My family and I are the ones who have always put the interests of the Draconians first! Even in times, as you rightly pointed out, of an Earl's absence. The Empress' son will surely be allowed to retain his Draconian title, that is beyond doubt."

He thought for a moment.

"Alright, alright. You can have your Duchy but under some conditions. First, I will be the one to make it public. Second, when the time comes, Nathan will get educated at the Ducal University."

His Imperial Highness Prince Zakyyr Angus-Moonoak Ayreon-Kalirion of Waffel-Paine KBH

Tsar of The Royal Tsardom of The Marches and The Princely Isle
Metrobosarch of Vey
Lord Triumphant in All Four Quarters
Prince of Natopia
Duke of Haven
Marquis of Klaasiya
Count of Andiopolis

Kyle Kilynn

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

"I'm glad we could agree, Lord Zakyyr. The people of New Dracoheim will naturally support your plan, and I will instruct my ministers here to work with you in achieving your goal," Kyle then shook Zakyyr's hand and continued talking, with a smirk, looking down at the young boy, "And it would be no less than an extreme honor to have my son attend the Ducal University. I daresay, requiring my son to attend one of Natopia's most prestigious schools is hardly a threat. I think I've got all I wanted. I beg your leave, Your Highness."
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Return to “New Dracoheim”