[Hoffenheim] Wintering in the South

A new homeland for the Draconian diaspora.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Kizzy Drakland

[Hoffenheim] Wintering in the South

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Kizzy Drakland had left the Shirerithian spotlight since she abdicated. Physically exhausted and emotionally drained, she struggled to return to her civic duties in Demonsfall and baronial duties in Syrelwynn. Her doctors advised her to get away from the harsh winters of Benacia so she decided to return to Natopia. The country had been making excellent strides in repairing the relationship it had with Draconians. In honor of her rise to the kaisership, the Natopian emperor gave her the title of "Countess of Dracoheim" that would pass on with the Mango Throne in perpetuity, showing a real dedication to encouraging the Draconian people who lived in both countries. She had been recently awarded a prestigious Fnord for her memoirs which gave her the motivation to get out into the world and explore more.

Her deep affection for her Draconian kin drew her back to Hoffenheim, the site of Ludwig Drakire, aka Luix Rakira, aka Kaiser Sehml's rise to infamy in leading rebellion against Imperial forces from Yellow Island. The town was bustling again after being granted a formal city charter and elevated to capital of the subdemesne of New Dracoheim. Kizzy hoped to participate in this renaissance of Draconian culture too, as she had in Demonsfall. She knew the Draconians here would take a much different course than the Ynnraili Draconians, who were already predisposed to vagrancy and settled into the villainy of Demonsfall naturally. These Draconians have been here for many generations, albeit without guidance or true identity as Draconian. When New Dracoheim was consolidated entirely into Klaasiya, many saw it has punishment for a Draconian's role in the civil war. Now, many years after that war, these people yearned to reconnect with their heritage, and Kizzy would be happy to oblige. And besides, the voice of Rrakychan had been growing too loud in her dreams.

Kizzy found that Drakire's old homestead had been burned several times and the farmlands around it were salted out of spite. She purchased the land of her one-time mate and set about designing a summer house for herself, built upon the ashes of Drakire's failure. She talked with local leaders about forming a commonwealth of farmers with fealty owed to the Crown Duke of Klaasiya for support and cultural development.

After several months, her new house was complete, it also inspired a building boom in the new city. If a celebrity such as a former kaiseress moves to town, people generally follow. She saw on the news of the wedding of Ivo Angus and Gwyneth Moonoak, and the talks of inviting them to take on a more permanent role in Klaasiya's future as rulers of a crown duchy. She turned to her new assistant Frek, -- oh how she reminded him of Dek -- and instructed him to send a message to Klaasisitya:
To the Honorable Ivo Angus of Waffel-Paine, Marquis of Klaasiya

I congratulate you and your gorgeous wife on your recent marriage and tour of Klaasiya. You should come visit me in Hoffenheim, I have a Thalassa King size bed that fits three (or four if we wont be sleeping).

As I set up my summer home down here, I wish to assure you that I have no plans to challenge Klaasiyan protection over New Dracoheim; it cannot support itself as a demesne. In fact, I seek to formalize the relationship between demesne and subdemesne. As Klaasiya reorganizes itself into a Crown Duchy I would like you to consider New Dracoheim to be subordinate and supportive of the Duchy of Klaasiya. I would be delighted to discuss this in more detail later.

Xoxo,

Kizzy
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Ivo Angus

Re: [Hoffenheim] Wintering in the South

Post by Ivo Angus »

The Marquis of Klaasiya was in his office, replying to official letters and greetings. He wasn't used to so much attention, even as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and all this interest in the Klaasiyan marquisette couple fell all of a sudden on his shoulders. Ivo thanked god for having Gwyneth by his side, all her understanding and support in these early days. She quickly became not only the centre of his heart, which she already was, but an emotional soulmate with whom Ivo could share every piece of tough in his mind without fearing he would be misunderstood, nor would his wife jump into conclusions.

One carefully signed letter caught his eye. It said 'Kizzy'. The warm words of congratulation inside were greeted by Ivo and the latter part provoked his interest. As Gwyneth walked into the room, he wanted to share this most respectful letter with the Marquise. In return, they were happy to reply with the following letter:
To Her Highness, Queen Kizzy Drakland of Demonsfall,

We are very grateful for your kind words, happily confirming that we enjoy every moment since our marriage earlier this year. Had we been aware of your location, we would have undoubtedly be wishing to receive such a distinguished guest at our special day. Indeed, we feel sorry for being unable to greet a former Kaiseress to Klaasiya in the way we should have done, admitting that it must have been quite a challenging mission for you to try not to cause too much public attention until now.

We have already rearranged our schedule as to make it possible to arrive in Hoffenheim as soon as it is possible. In the meantime, could we do something to make your stay in New Draconian more enjoyable? We do hope it will be a lasting and comfortable one!

Kindly,
Ivo & Gwyneth

Kizzy Drakland

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

Their Graces, The Crown Duke and Duchess of Klaasiya,

I assure you, my decision to move to Hoffenheim was undertaken with a decidedly low-key and almost clandestine nature. My affairs have a way of attracting attention that I do not wish to follow. I would be delighted to visit you both soon in the capital and discuss the future prosperity of Klaasiya.

Kizzy
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

To Her Highness, Queen Kizzy Drakland of Demonsfall,

We would be most happy to receive you in our Hartington Hold as soon as it would be possible for you. I am sure that we will jointly work for the prosperity of Klaasiya and by doing so improve the lives of her people, especially those in New Dracoheim!

Once our family has been recognised as the Crown Ducal family of Klaasiya, such talks would be officially formalised.

Kindly yours,
Ivo & Gwyneth

Return to “New Dracoheim”