[St Barts] Concordat of Sankt Bartholomä

A beautiful state along the eastern bank of Tapfer's great river.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) President of Klaasiya

Noor bint Daniyal

[St Barts] Concordat of Sankt Bartholomä

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

It was beautiful evening. The Basilica of Saint Elijah was illuminated in awesome colours, as the season always holds for these southern latitutes. Queen Noor and Prince Erion had spent the day at the Basilica as a neutral ground to discuss the legalities of the New Aquitane transfer from Leng to Arboria.

Perhaps it was the sacred grounds, but it did seem that it was by divine intervention that suddenly, out of the blue, Prince Erion offered to the Queen the Duchy of Istvanistan.

In the hallowed halls of the basilica, the Queen and the Prince quickly jotted down a concordat to govern the transfer.

"A good day, my Lord Prince," said the Queen, before signing it.
CONCORDAT OF SANKT BARTHOLOMÄ

Her Majesty Queen Noor bint Daniyal Umra Suleiman Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati af Ettlingum Freyu, Queen of Leng, etc, on behalf of her son His Imperial Highness Prince Adam Anushiruwân Hilding Ayreon-Kalirion ibn al-Majeed bin Sathrati of Waffel-Paine, Prince Elian, Khan of Cabbagefall, Duke of New Aquitane, etc,

and

His Imperial Highness Sir Iain de Vembria, Prince Erion of Waffel-Paine, Prince of Arboria, Duke of Istvanistan, etc

having met at the Basilica of Saint Elijah in the city Sankt Bartholomä to consider the implications of the transfer of the Duchy of New Aquitane from the Kingdom of Leng to the Principality of Arboria, and the transfer of the Duchy of Istvanistan from the Principality of Arboria to the Most Serene Union of Neridia, Thalassa and Saint Andre, have, following an open discussion on all possible avenues, agreed as follows:

ON NEW AQUITANE

1. Prince Adam Khan cedes to Prince Erion of Waffel-Paine all title, right and claim to the Duchy of New Aquitane. Prince Erion shall assume the title Duke of New Aquitane.
2. The People’s Assembly at Saint Christopher’s, and the Council of Nobles of the Duchy of New Aquitane, both agree to hold the current provisions on succession to the ducal coronet in the Instrument of Government as null and void until Prince Erion’s proposal for amendment has passed, to confirm Prince Erion’s heirs and successors the ducal coronet.
3. Prince Erion shall appoint, within one Natopian year, Prince Adam Khan to the Noble Court of the Duchy of New Aquitane.

ON ISTVANISTAN

1. Prince Erion cedes to Queen Noor all title, right and claim to the Duchy of Istvanistan. Queen Noor shall assume the title Duchess of Istvanistan.
2. The rules of succession to the Duchy of Istvanistan shall, until the Duchess otherwise decrees, be in a personal union with the Emirate of Sathrati.
3. Prince Erion promises to serve Queen Noor as her principal adviser on the culture of the Istvanistani nation.

FINAL PROVISIONS

1. This Agreement enters force upon the exchange of ratification of the same.
2. This Agreement may be ratified by Queen Noor as Regent of New Aquitane by means of Ducal Decree.
3. This Agreement may be ratified by Prince Erion as Duke of Istvanistan by Ducal Decree.

In witness whereof, Her Majesty and His Imperial Highness have signed this Agreement.

Done at Sankt Bartholomä, in the fourth month of 1639.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Noor bint Daniyal

Re: [St Barts] Concordat of Sankt Bartholomä

Signed in the name of my son,

Noor bint Daniyal.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

I am getting confused. Isn't the Duchy of Istvanistan transferred to the Most Serene Union already?

I am, of course, privileged to host such great nobles and its so lovely to have such a contract signed within the Crown Duchy ;)
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Noor bint Daniyal

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak wrote:I am getting confused. Isn't the Duchy of Istvanistan transferred to the Most Serene Union already?

I am, of course, privileged to host such great nobles and its so lovely to have such a contract signed within the Crown Duchy ;)
You're correct. Istvanistan is now part of the Most Serene Union, but what's being ceded here is the government of Istvanistan ("The Duchy"). That is being ceded from Erion, as he's the current Duke of Istvanistan (as head of the demesne of Istvanistan in the Most Serene Union), and with his signature, it will be me who will be Duchess of Istvanistan, still in the Serene Union. And the vice versa for New Aquitane.
Noor as-Salaam

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:
Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak wrote:I am getting confused. Isn't the Duchy of Istvanistan transferred to the Most Serene Union already?

You're correct. Istvanistan is now part of the Most Serene Union, but what's being ceded here is the government of Istvanistan ("The Duchy"). That is being ceded from Erion, as he's the current Duke of Istvanistan (as head of the demesne of Istvanistan in the Most Serene Union), and with his signature, it will be me who will be Duchess of Istvanistan, still in the Serene Union. And the vice versa for New Aquitane.
Ah, got it now. Thank you.
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

A good day indeed, my Queen Noor.

Signs in my name:
Erion, Prince of Natopia

And here's to an even better evening, in the delightful company of our regal host.
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

No one is allowed out for as long as they are capable of walking :drunk: :drunk: =p

Congratulations, indeed, to the Duchess of Istvanistan and the Duke of New Aquitane!

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

:herman:

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Return to “Egale”