Motion to Aid Natopia

The meeting place of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Ayreon-Kalirion) Elder, (Ayreon-Kalirion) Member

Isabella Kalirion

Motion to Aid Natopia

Post by Isabella Kalirion »

Shortly before 9 in the morning, Isabella Simrani-Kalirion, the secretary for defence, entered the crowded Lindstrom Square from the Royal Avenue, with the Vista de Nada Palace to her back and the Bovic Cathedral-Basilica of the Sacred Calf. Before her rose a vast stepped pyramid like structure of scaffold work and boarding, draped in ancient flags and tapestries depicting the history of the Empire. This vast looming structure bridged the wide colonnaded streets of Empire Avenue and had been hastily erected and bolted onto the east side of the Convention and Expo Hall, with the plateau of the pyramid level with the sills of the open third floor windows which had become impromptu walkways for the plethora of civic dignitaries clustered at the summit around three bronze urns.

Isabella was greeted at the foot of the stepped pyramid by a well-oiled and polished Speaker Sprocket, who had been wheeled out specially for the occasion in his little remarked secondary role as architect and impresario of pageants.

Huddled against the chill wind blowing in from Borders Bay in a fox-fur wrap and a long black velvet coat, she mounted the steps of the pyramid, guarded by young Arboreal volunteers of both sexes whom she had selected and examined personally, and climbed a second shallower inclined ramp to stand before the smouldering bronze urns. She threw her wedding ring, a symbol of her former alliance with her presumed erstwhile husband Tokaray al-Osman, into one of the three smoking urns – the implication being that the metal would thereby be melted down for instant use. Then Speaker Sprocket extended a metallic claw and passed into her hand a dark steel band, inscribed upon it was the motto “Gold for the Empire”, which was blessed by the most senior Bovic clergyman Isabella had been able to roust out of the residencies at the Cathedral the night before. Gravely she returned the salutes of the black armband wearing dignitaries assembled around the urns before turning about and stepping up to a speakers rostrum which faced towards the palace and the crowds which had assembled in the park below. These crowds, who had been summoned by a mobilisation of public organisations throughout the city and the regions of Tapfer in the preceding days, she then proceeded to address in a low clear voice, which at times trembled with emotion as she spoke:

“Proud mothers and wives of our dear Natopia, these urns, which I have caused to be set out today, are the Sacellum of the dreadful Butter Bull, hidden since its earliest days and only ever brought forth into the light in its darkest days when the avenging spirit of the Celestial Bull and the furies of the ancestors of our race must be both invoked and propitiated. Before this sacred and hallowed shrine then, I have laid down the wedding ring, symbol of the joys, pains and obligations of womanhood, and of the greatest renunciation, as the purest and most potent offering of devotion to our Empire, to Bous and to the wronged shade of Asara, our Empress, who even now calls for vengeance. Bowing down to the earth as if to commune in spirit with our sovereign, we, who failed in our duty to defend her, must abase ourselves.”

Here she gave a singular gesture in the form of a right-handed salute with a raised clenched fist, which was gradually emulated by many in audience behind her and rippling amongst the crowds below.

“We invoke the shade of Asara, who must be avenged, to guide our hands as we wring from Adam, from Walstadt and from all who would oppose our purpose, the very life that they have so conspicuously abused and so little deserve. Never again must we be seduced by the false clarion calls of mercy, understanding, forgiveness or pity, for these are always the words that will be used by the vanquished foe in order to deflect us from our righteous purpose. In the name of Asara, in her memory, and before Bous, we must together invoke the spirit of 'Victory through Slaughter'. Young sons and daughters of our empire, who are defending our sacred rights in Apollonia, have been recalled to fight the treacherous insurgency that has broken forth once more in Cibola once more. Now there will be an ending to it. Adam will burn, as will Walstadt, and from the ashes of the regicide and the traitors will be laid the course of the new paths for the march of our Bovic Empire. I wish that you may help me bring about the triumph of our Western Civilisation over the barbarian easterners in all the lands that our colonists redeem.”

The crowd cheered ecstatically: 'Long live the Memory of the Martyr Asara, Long live the Empire.' Following the lead of the secretary of defence, 250,000 citizens of the empire followed the example they had been given. Mostly women, all wearing black, they queued for hours to pay their solemn tribute. In towns and cities across the globe-spanning empire similar scenes were enacted. The clergy, stung by the realisation that it had been their philosophy of mercy which had led to this tragedy, surrendered their holy artefacts and golden treasures to help fund the war of retribution against Walstadt. A great campaign was begun to encourage all Natopians to sacrifice a gift of gold to help pay for the war effort. Those who did not, who still obstinately wore gold or silver jewellery instead of plain gunmetal, were shamed and reviled as Adamists, pacifists and Jing-lovers, by gangs of youths who had received armbands stamped with the crest of the Court of the Verdant Garden.

Having concluded this ceremony, Isabella departed for the Ribat of the Council of Elders on Davis Street, to put a short and succinct motion before her peers:

Honoured kin,

I propose that the services of the Jaysh al-Sathrati be offered to our generous and patient hosts, the Bovic Empire, for the purposes of scourging the port of Walstadt free of all forms of lingering corruption and sedition.
Patroness of Kalir
Elder of the Simrani branch of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion
| Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara

Janus Eadric

Re: Motion to Aid Natopia

Post by Janus Eadric »

The Most Serene Union pledges the bounties and loot obtained from the fall of the so-called Free City of Étampes and the Free City of Bastion, which happened last week when MSU forces were able to finally seize the cities after a protracted siege campaign.

So far, we have inventoried 87 metric tonnes of gold that will be donated to this noble effort.
His Serene Highness
JANUS
Prince of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre
Member of the Central Committee of Edgards

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Isabella Kalirion wrote:Honoured kin,

I propose that the services of the Jaysh al-Sathrati be offered to our generous and patient hosts, the Bovic Empire, for the purposes of scourging the port of Walstadt free of all forms of lingering corruption and sedition.
I second that motion.
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

Isabella Kalirion

Janus Eadric wrote:The Most Serene Union pledges the bounties and loot obtained from the fall of the so-called Free City of Étampes and the Free City of Bastion, which happened last week when MSU forces were able to finally seize the cities after a protracted siege campaign.

So far, we have inventoried 87 metric tonnes of gold that will be donated to this noble effort.
I am very glad to hear this. I trust the Snarks were helpful. I know it took long enough to get them reassembled again after shipping...
Patroness of Kalir

Kaiseress Noor

Post by Kaiseress Noor »

"My dear Sister – I second your motion as well. Indeed, I move that we adopt the motion with unanimous consent. Be there any objections?"
NOOR
Kaiseress of Shireroth

Isabella Kalirion

If there are no objections. Consider the motion carried?
Patroness of Kalir

Return to “Council of Elders”