Motion to Exclude a Member

The meeting place of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Ayreon-Kalirion) Elder, (Ayreon-Kalirion) Member

Isabella Kalirion

Motion to Exclude a Member

Post by Isabella Kalirion »

Dearest Kin,

I am, as I am sure we all are, greatly distressed by the violence and illegality that has gripped the quaint and remote demesne of Walstadt. It was a place dear to my sister's heart and now she has been forcibly excluded from that place on account of events entirely beyond her control.

This is an impertinence that we cannot tolerate.

Fellow members of this august assembly, I hereby move that we disturb ourselves from the tranquil enjoyment of these gardens and bestir ourselves to act on behalf of Noor, and to right a wrong that can be traced to the machinations of the line of Blutwasser.
A motion to the Council of Elders of Ayreon-Kalirion to perform the two following acts:

1) Exclude Welf of Walstadt and his descendants and the line of the Blutwasser branch from the Ayreon-Kalirion dynasty;
2) Present to the Natopian Empire the non-binding recommendation that the Natopian Demesne of Walstadt be granted to Adam Ayreon-Kalirion, Count of Upper Macon, for the injuries endured by Lord Adam and the Emira of Sathrati during the disorders occasioned in Walstadt by the King on account of his abuse of a visiting trading barque registered with the ESB Group.
Patroness of Kalir
Elder of the Simrani branch of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion
| Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara

Ivo Angus

Re: Motion to Exclude a Member

Post by Ivo Angus »

As Proxy of the Count of Upper Macon, my wife and I second the motion and vote in favour of its implementation.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

*A protester enters the room and throws butter in Isabella's face.*

"Down with the Natopian scum! Down with the Butter Cow! Long live Sisera and a free Walstadt!" :tegong:
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Once the Leonid Guard had successfully removed the nuisance from the room, the Emira muttered something only the closest to her in the room could hear, consisting of many explicatives on the state of the Leonid Guard.

Then she rose from her seat and spoke:

Brothers and Sisters,

The matter that my sister Isabella has brought forward is a serious one. Her proposed resolution consists of two main parts, with the first one can be broken down in further parts.

I shall first read from the Charter:
1.4.3. The Council of Elders may on its own motion exclude a member from the house if it is satisfied that the member has put the house in disrepute, or tarnished the house, or acting seditiously and untrue to the house, or performing acts with great ill will toward other members of the house. Such exclusion will also apply to any descendants and spouses of the excluded member, unless such descendants and spouses have claim of membership by other connexion or relative.
That is, to exclude a member of the house, the Council must be satisfied that the member has:

- put the house in disrepute
- tarnished the house
- acted seditiously and untrue to the house
- performed acts with great ill will toward other members of the house.

Isabella's first point on resolution calls for the exclusion of "Welf of Walstadt and his descendants and the line of the Blutwasser branch from the Ayreon-Kalirion dynasty"

These are two points. First, the exclusion of Welf (and automatically his descendants). Secondly, to exclude the Blutwasser branch, we'd have to posthumously exclude the progenitor of that line, Ludwig Blutwasser. If Ludwig is excluded, then the first point is moot.

We therefore first should begin the question of whether Ludwig is meets the criteria of exclusion, and failing that, go to the question of Welf meets them, and then resolve on the last point of Isabella's resolution.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Isabella Kalirion

Very good. To that end, let us consider the words of Ludwig von Walstadt as confessed by his late secretary Dao De:
"Ayreonist-Liberalism is an abomination, it's subversive!"
Can we contemplate then the possibility that the late Lord Jonathan was deceived into adopting Ludwig, who by his conduct and the conduct of his descendants, proved himself to be yet another agent of Jingdaoese and Catologian subversion.
Patroness of Kalir

Welf von Walstadt

Post by Welf von Walstadt »

We would very much like to be removed from this house of debauchery. My father requested it years ago.
Ludwig von Walstadt wrote:In a meeting with all my children and grandchildren we have decided with full consensus that we will remove the shameful part "Ayreon-Kalirion" from our name and will cease to consider Prince Jonathan our ancestor. Those remains of Prince Jonathan that were buried in our family grave have been dug up and thrown for the pigs, who consumed them. We will not have our family governed from Elwynn, which has a view on family which is not shared in Walstadt.

Noor bint Daniyal

Brothers, Sisters

I thank Welf for contributing with further evidence.

There seems to be sufficient evidence to merit an exclusion of Ludwig Blutwasser and, accordingly, all his descendants.

I've amended the original motion to read:
A motion to the Council of Elders of Ayreon-Kalirion to perform the two following acts:

1) Exclude Ludwig Blutwasser and his descendants and the line of the Blutwasser branch from the Ayreon-Kalirion dynasty;
2) Present to the Natopian Empire the non-binding recommendation that the Natopian Demesne of Walstadt be granted to Adam Ayreon-Kalirion, Count of Upper Macon, for the injuries endured by Lord Adam and the Emira of Sathrati during the disorders occasioned in Walstadt by the King on account of his abuse of a visiting trading barque registered with the ESB Group.
There is also a suggestion to say that the adoption by Jonathan of Ludwig was made in error or through deception and dishonesty. Would the proposer like to add that in the motion?
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Isabella Kalirion

I believe the amended wording of the motion is sufficient.
Patroness of Kalir

Noor bint Daniyal

Voting in the following motion begins now.

The question is: Shall the following motion be adopted by the Council of Elders?

1) Exclude Ludwig Blutwasser and his descendants and the line of the Blutwasser branch from the Ayreon-Kalirion dynasty;
Noor as-Salaam

Isabella Kalirion

Aye
Patroness of Kalir

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

Aye.
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports
Lord von der Elfinschenheide

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Nay.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Noor bint Daniyal

Jack wrote:Nay.
You're not a member of this Council, Jack...
Noor as-Salaam

Noor bint Daniyal

We are still waiting for the votes from the representatives of the Dariolinian, Athlonian and Blutwasser branches.
Noor as-Salaam

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:
We're all Rics here. :madviking:
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Isabella Kalirion

Jonas wrote:
Noor bint Daniyal wrote:
We're all Rics here. :madviking:
How does this building come to be infested with damned Boers? Have the Leonid Guard round them up - they could use the bayonet practice.
Patroness of Kalir

Kaiser Hjalmar

Post by Kaiser Hjalmar »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:We are still waiting for the votes from the representatives of the Dariolinian, Athlonian and Blutwasser branches.
(OOC: That are Ivo, Nathan, and Welf.)
Hjalmar Heirðrsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Kaiser of Shireroth

Welf von Walstadt

Nay.

I believe the Blutwasser and Daniyal families are working on reconciliation. This could undo that. I urge those who voted in favour to change their votes to a vote against. I believe it is also in the interest of Lord Adam if he does not become pretender to a throne.

Naian the Evergreen

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

If I may be allowed by this Council to relay for His Eminence, Sergius Hergones:
Sergius wrote: "I, as Elder of the Althonian branch, vote in the affirmative. The Blutwasser branch has been openly antagonistic towards this family for many years. Even in this debate the Elder Blutwasser has both professed to leave and stay in the family. However, if reconciliation is possible between the Blutwasser branch and the rest of the family then they should be reinstated only after all points of contention have been resolved."
Naian

Nathan

Welf von Walstadt

It's not the exclusion that concerns me.

Return to “Council of Elders”