The Kaltorian Palace

The Imperial summer residence.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaltor Win'Eth

The Kaltorian Palace

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

The Kaltorian Palace is a palace, constructed by Count Kaltor Win'Eth, in 5980 ASC. The palace, in the outskirts of the Town of Skyla, is an excellent example of Jacobist architecture, which became increasingly popular during the reign of Kaiser Raynor XII. The exterior of the palace is lavishly decorated and was meant to impress visitors. While there weren't enough funds to construct anything nearly as large as the Imperial Summer Residence, it succeeds in astonishing even those of the Imperial Household.

The building serves as the main residence of the Count of the Skyla Isles. Commoners are allowed to enter once a week for an audience with their Lord, a tradition which was also revived during the reign of Kaiser Raynor XII.
Kaltor Win'Eth
Descendant of Kaiser Mahamantot the First
Count of the Skyla Isles
Director of the Directorate of Cartography

Jonas

Kaltor Win'Eth

Re: The Kaltorian Palace

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

*Kaltor hummed satisfied. The results of work that was done was more than pleasant. He admired the white marble and the beautiful statues (of which many were based upon Apollonian statues). The past few years seemed to have passed extremely fast: the whole island had looked like a construction site. While before his arrival the Imperial Summer Residence had been the sole thing worth visiting, now things had changed. With fondness the Count thought about the little idea his beloved Kaiser had given him during a private residence. They had talked that day about new construction plans for the summer residence, but after some wines, the Kaiser had started complaining about how humid the town and palace became on a sunny day. Even the breeze coming from sea was not enough to stop this. And then He had said it: "Why not build some canals, dear nephew? Everyone likes canals. They look nice, and if you want to get rid of a body... you know what I mean... *hips*."
My uncle was right. Tourists would flock together to enjoy having their vacation in a nostalgic town with romantic canals. In no time, with sufficient funds, we would become the new Musica (minus the yearly destruction by bonfire).

Looking back, I had enjoyed the small talk with Him. Perhaps now... yes, now it was time to gather the family again! O, and while I'm doing that, I could also invite some other nobles. There hadn't been a decent festival for nobility since... eternity!*
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

"Let us invite our good friends, the important dignitaries and great Shirerithian nobles!" shouted Kaltor to his servant while nipping from his wine. "I'm sure that the Kaiser is up for a little party. And those Elws love leeching of others."

Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

*Wonders where the guests are...*
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Post by Nathaniel »

Sorry, got too drunk predrinking with your lovely peasants... I'll sober up and join you. Once I find my shirt...
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Master of the Cathedral of Eternal Slumber
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Lord der Stadt der Gestrandeten ...
Knight of the Holy Lakes
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

Damn, now I have to disinfect my peasants.
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Can't we just burn Musica down for some much-needed catharsis?
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

* The Storjarl Hallbjörn arrives at the Imperial Ball accompanied by His fiancée Princess Alexandra of Alexandria. *
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports
Lord von der Elfinschenheide

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Nathaniel, having gotten himself a good change of clothing, looking all proper, and having sobered up sufficiently, arrived with his beautiful wife, Noor bint Daniyal, but found himself shocked to see his step-uncle, not only looking younger than himself, but also in the arms of a woman he had never seen! What is this horridness! It's not his aunt, Esther!

Before lashing out too much, Nathaniel realized he was still a bit too drunk. He found himself strangely drawn to some butter on a table, had a few spoonful of it, and decided to join the party.

"My Lord Hallbjörn, what joy it is to see you... and... this... uh.... wonderful... uh... lady!"
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

*Trying to ignore the drunkard, Kaltor walks towards his new guests.*

"My Lord Hallbjörn,
Your Highness Princess Alexandra,
I welcome You both in my small palace. I hope you will enjoy the wine and food, assembled by my men from all over the Imperial Republic."
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

* Arm in arm with her great love, the Lady Aurelia Myksos, Her Riverine Highness the Princess Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja, Princess of Elwynn, enters the Imperial Ball room. *
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

Kaltor Win'Eth wrote:"My Lord Hallbjörn,
Your Highness Princess Alexandra,
I welcome You both in my small palace. I hope you will enjoy the wine and food, assembled by my men from all over the Imperial Republic."
"Thank you for the waarm welcome and your hospitality, My Lord. I'm sure that my fiancée and I will have a great time."
Nathaniel wrote:"My Lord Hallbjörn, what joy it is to see you... and... this... uh.... wonderful... uh... lady!"
"Pleased to meet you too, Your Imperial Highness! May I introduce you to my fiancée, Her Imperial Highness the Princees Alexandra of Alexandria.
Hallbjörn Haraldsson of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

The simple act of shaking the princess's hand brought peace and serenity to Nathaniel heart. 'Enchanté' he said and bowed his head lightly and smiled. Perhaps this woman would become a good step mother for his little cousins, they who have lost their mother and brother and baby nephew. What tragedy there is in the world... 'I am so glad to meet you, my lady. Say, how are you finding this strange collection of lands, this Shirerithian republic? '
Nathaniel
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Knight of the Holy Lakes

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

"Je suis enchantée de faire votre connaissance, Votre Altesse Impériale!", the Princess Alexandra replied beamingly and she curtsied for the Prince Nathaniel. "To me the Lands of the Golden Mango Throne are an incredibly fascinating place. They are so full of captivating history, mysterious cultures, and exotic beings like dragons, liches and elves. Shireroth truly is a mer à boire!"
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Kaiser Raynor XII

Post by Kaiser Raynor XII »

The guards started to reach for their sidearms until they saw the face of the human walking alongside the 1.75m white dragon. They gave pained smiles as they returned to attention.

The Kaiser was attired in a simple uniform as was his wont. Handing his bicorne to a servant, he turned to his companion. By now he'd become accustomed to the telepathy that Melisande used to speak to him.

"I want to go home', she thought.

"But I thought we'd agreed to get people used to seeing you?"

"They saw me. Let's go home."

"Besides, you need to practice speaking aloud. This is a festive occasion, and a family one. Please try!"

To her delight, an officer came running up to the Kaiser.

"Niftyness, there has been a disaster in Appolonia!"
Kaiser Raynor XII

Kaiser of Shireroth
Ducal Baron of Greater Yardistan
MoMa of the Imperial Republic, Baron of Hallucination
Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

Kaltor nodded.

"It seems that their national defence mechanism has done a fine job in destroying any possible rebellion against the Jingdaoese administration... by blowing it up. I heard that several local lords are gathering the masses behind them and establishing petty kingdoms. The remnants of their armed forces are marching to the help of the strongest of those lords and ladies. For those who survived the blast, I hope the aftermath will be a bloodless struggle."
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Aurelia Myksos
master of midtone

Post by Aurelia Myksos »

One of the aspect Aurelia prided herself on was her keen sense of hearing. So when she heard the words national defences, Jingdao and Appolonia her hart nearly stopped.

“please excuse me dear “ she said hastily to Fjorleif before running over to the officer. And turning him around violently.

“what has happened in Appolonia?” she demanded to know.

The officer a bit shocked responded “most of the cities have been destroyed my lady”

Aurelia’s pupils shrunk as fear set in to her mind “what about Lost Woods?” She yelled.

“There were no reports of any destruction in Lost Woods. There are rumours that high king Theodosius has been dispatching troops to the surrounding lands to keep the peace and try to search for survivors in the ruins the cities but we have not confirmed them.”

Aurelia loosened her grip as she calmed down and let go of the officer.

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Princess Fjǫrleif was quite concerned to notice the usually so calm and lady-like Aurelia yank the officer's arm and even yell at the man, so she quickly walked to her belle and took her by the hand.

"Aurelia, my love, I have never experienced you like this... So disturbed... What is up? Dark tidings?"
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Kaltor Win'Eth

Post by Kaltor Win'Eth »

"It seems the Jingdaoese have fallen so low that they seek refuge in democratic principles, ladies and gentlemen. I never thought to live in such a time."
Kaltor Win'Eth
Count of the Skyla Isles

Jonas

Hallbjorn
Esteemed Forum Detective

Post by Hallbjorn »

Kaltor Win'Eth wrote:"It seems the Jingdaoese have fallen so low that they seek refuge in democratic principles, ladies and gentlemen. I never thought to live in such a time."
Desperate times ask for desperate measures...
Jarl of the Seven Ports

Return to “Skyla Islands”